Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
If Trump defeated ISIS why are they still blowing up poo poo in Iran?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Because they actually want to be defeated again, but only by TRUMP

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Strong Sauce posted:

I don't know the specifics but I believe she did plagiarize.. something. But there probably wasn't going to be any pressure to remove her over it other than the fact that she refused to do anything about the protest on campus. I don't really care either way about it. I mean yeah I guess remove her? But no one cared until this guy decided to basically use it to get her fired. But I think the funny thing about it was this dude's hypocrisy over being outraged by her plagiarism but not by his own wife's.

Edit: oh yeah and all the stuff that led to him admitting that she gave epstein an orb

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Imagine getting worked up about things happening on college campuses. They have ALWAYS been places where you can, without fail, find the absolute worst takes, on every side of any debate. That's kinda their point.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lmao

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Total Party Kill posted:

An extinction level event like an asteroid could be speeding towards earth and all Republicans would be able to think would be, 'boy, I hope it hits while a Democrat is in office.'

gently caress I hate America.

We are for the jobs the asteroid will create

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

rotinaj posted:

I looked into it a little and it appeared that while an undergrad, she had done that thing where she takes a phrase that is super common in a field like “the cause of the US Civil War was Slavery” and thesaurused it up, “the source of the conflict of the War Between The States(1861-1864) was the Involuntary Bondage of African-Heritage People”, or just used extremely common phrases like “a forest isn’t a uniform sea of trees, it is a patchwork quilt of different small ecosystems” but did not bother attributing it, due to being so common.

These are things that look bad and might lose you some points on a paper but are not the sort of plagiarism that someone would be forced to resign from the presidency of Harvard over, unless there is a crazy crooked hedge fund billionaire personally trying to make that happen

no, she definitely plagiarized when she was in grad school in her diss. she copied lit review, which is really embarrassing. she also plagiarized part of the acknowledgements section of her dissertation, which is extremely funny

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I interpret almost all of our country's current craziness on white america's (subconscious?) realization that just in a few years we will be a majority minority country, and that, for the most part, they just can't loving handle that idea. kindergarten classrooms have been majority nonwhite for many years. they've already lost the demographics. they are freaking out and are ready to flush the country down the toilet over it.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Would they really burn the country down so they can rule over the ashes?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1745824700117176633

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LuckyCat posted:

Lol that Trump is not-so-subtly signaling to his base that the AG should be killed, and nothing will happen about it lmao.

Oh something might happen all right.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Outpost22 posted:

Would they really burn the country down so they can rule over the ashes?

A thousand goons reflexively post yes without thinking about what that means or considering the ramifications of their post

The ten goons that do also post yes

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Coolguye posted:

A thousand goons reflexively post yes without thinking about what that means or considering the ramifications of their post

I would simply post “lol”

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God drat this is some Office-tier cringe right here

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

that but like all politics for most normies, its why stuff doesnt fully matter until a couple months out. also people are all over the place politics wise too.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Chuds are getting a little too friendly toward reporters who loving hate them and it's kinda nice to see one get slapped for it. Let the gently caress apologize before he gets more airtime.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

LMAO

God all of these dipshits think they are the Big Brain from Futurama

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 12, 2024

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Coolguye posted:

Reducing everything down to ashes means lower property values so the ghouls think they can swoop in and buy low to sell high but what they fail to realize is…

It’s still ashes they’d be ruling over

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Coolguye posted:

I mean I say yes too, but I appreciate what it means, those that actually want it do not.

The real killshot would have been to play along and ask specifically what in that two page resolution he found objectionable that he says he prepared so well for it. Don't get drawn into the intelligence game.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Poss itt every time you break in the ferocity of a dual

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Total Party Kill posted:

An extinction level event like an asteroid could be speeding towards earth and all Republicans would be able to think would be, 'boy, I hope it hits while a Democrat is in office.'

All life to be wiped out. We explain why this is bad for Biden.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm getting big Sonic vibes for some reason I can't put my BEAUTIFUL LARGE fingers on.

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Pook Good Mook posted:

Imagine getting worked up about things happening on college campuses. They have ALWAYS been places where you can, without fail, find the absolute worst takes, on every side of any debate. That's kinda their point.

100%. It was a logic and reasoning course i first heard someone use the “a key that can open any lock vs a lock that can be opened by any key” metaphor to criticize women for having multiple partners (this was around 2010, in the Deep South)

Yes he was serious. And he looked and spoke exactly as you’d imagine.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah while Massie naturally reveals himself to be a misogynist turd (nothing shocking there), Bolduan actually doesn't do a good job of skewering him at all. US MSM talking heads aren't usually trained to do that in the same way that journos in other countries delight in (see for example: Jeremy Paxman and his "rubbery horse face of mock incredulity" as Iannucci called it). I guess that's why Mehdi Hasan seemed to have so much juice in his brief MSNBC career

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bless his heart.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah while Massie naturally reveals himself to be a misogynist turd (nothing shocking there), Bolduan actually doesn't do a good job of skewering him at all. US MSM talking heads aren't usually trained to do that in the same way that journos in other countries delight in (see for example: Jeremy Paxman and his "rubbery horse face of mock incredulity" as Iannucci called it). I guess that's why Mehdi Hasan seemed to have so much juice in his brief MSNBC career

Because THE MEDIA HELPS THE FAR RIGHT

Figure it out Satan H Christ

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Trump's fingers in this remind me of the weird crystal hands outsider art that was dug up about a decade back.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah, there's the Paxman interview with Michael Howard, where he asked the same question twelve times.
"Did you threaten to overrule him?"
"I did not overrule him."
"Yes, but did you threaten to?"
"He was not overruled."
"I'm asking if you threatened to."
"I have said clearly that I did not overrule him."
"That's not what I asked. I am asking if you threatened to overrule him."
and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqU77I40mS0

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TulliusCicero posted:

LMAO

God all of these dipshits think they the Big Brain from Futurama

I mean they kind of are

ME THE BIG BRAIN AM WINNING AGAIN. I AM THE GREETEST! ELECTION INTERFERENCE!! I WILL NEVER LEAVE FOR ANY RAISIN!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Shishkahuben posted:

Chuds are getting a little too friendly toward reporters who loving hate them and it's kinda nice to see one get slapped for it. Let the gently caress apologize before he gets more airtime.

Remembering when Mike Pompeo told that NPR reporter "I bet you have no idea where Ukraine is on a map" and she was like "It's right there" and he was like "Get the gently caress out of my office"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Data Graham posted:

Remembering when Mike Pompeo told that NPR reporter "I bet you have no idea where Ukraine is on a map" and she was like "It's right there" and he was like "Get the gently caress out of my office"

Holy poo poo, everytime I remember that I giggle

How much you want to bet Former CIA Director and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo could not point out countries if you ask him?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

From the desk of Donald John Trump:

Fuller9x
Feb 15, 2005

Gimme Milk

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Why do they keep bringing up that she had Starbucks coffee?

Real American patriots drink Trump brand Covfefe.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ya love to see it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Stoatbringer posted:

Yeah, there's the Paxman interview with Michael Howard, where he asked the same question twelve times.
"Did you threaten to overrule him?"
"I did not overrule him."
"Yes, but did you threaten to?"
"He was not overruled."
"I'm asking if you threatened to."
"I have said clearly that I did not overrule him."
"That's not what I asked. I am asking if you threatened to overrule him."
and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqU77I40mS0

Yeah, that's the good stuff. Idk if it's overplaying it to say this interview cost Howard any chance at leadership, but it definitely cemented his reputation as another evasive smug prick. If Paxman ever got to interview Trump it would be one of the funniest things of all time

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Because THE MEDIA HELPS THE FAR RIGHT

Figure it out Satan H Christ

:ok:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Escape From Noise posted:

From the desk of Donald John Trump:

Please keep pissing him off

Just keep digging till you hit CHYNA Donnie

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Data Graham posted:

i was flabbergasted he was stupid enough to try that gambit. how did he see that working out for him, this reporter on global affairs that works for the confirmed "the action, not the money, is the juice" association somehow wouldn't have looked at a map recently? in other news, steve jobs definitely knew more than his extremely experienced team of physicians about pancreatic cancer.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's pretty funny that trump has to stew on this for the next couple of weeks. He already made that post about it like 12 hours later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

kazil posted:

Ya love to see it

Really getting their teeth into Johnson. That's going to leave a mark.