Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sidegrade means equivalent or equal but with some tradeoffs. The word youre looking for is minor upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Traveller posted:

On the other hand, the Intelligentsia Guild is sponsored by the IPC, they're definitely not doing this out of the good of their hearts.

He doesn't seem to think highly of most of the Intelligentsia Guild, either. He presumably takes their money but doesn't really give a poo poo.

He's just a gifted kid, honestly.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He's just like me, for real.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Endorph posted:

Sidegrade means equivalent or equal but with some tradeoffs. The word youre looking for is minor upgrade.

Also "sidegrade at best" means "worse most of the time and only equal in the best cases".

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ratio is Sento from Kamen Rider Build which means I'm ready for whatever wild stuff the game will throw at us with him

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I can't wait for Ratio. And then I just need the 2.0 program to confirm Jing Yuan's rerun for his light cone, and I'm saving my guarantee for Sam or Screwllum. Whichever comes first. It's going to be difficult to hoard in the meantime.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

the important part of that trailer is the knowledge that there is a fully modeled version of his light cone

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

El Burbo posted:

the important part of that trailer is the knowledge that there is a fully modeled version of his light cone

His light cone is a thirst trap if I ever saw one.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I really appreciate how much they're leaning into the L + Ratio jokes. :allears:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Ratio is Sento from Kamen Rider Build which means I'm ready for whatever wild stuff the game will throw at us with him

who's banjou - oh wait, dumb question, it's aventurine. though maybe aventurine's too evil and not dumb enough

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lord_Magmar posted:

They choose to hoard and isolate knowledge with no oversight instead of sharing and teaching others. I think that's the issue at least.

He thinks that people admire and depend on Geniuses too much. Herta, despite being Herta, works with the IPC and is sharing her genius. The first since Aiden in fact.

My impression of the Intelligensia Guild is horribly tainted by the guy who we helped to de-age himself to death. Also the same thing happened to his mentor and a bunch of other Intelligensia guild members before.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Surely this time will be different!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Oh yeah fu fig was revealed fully

Look nice even if I don’t care enough about her to get it

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So wait, Ratio is a freebie soon? Is that what I'm hearing?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Actually a really nice looking figure.

However I'm only opening my wallet for a bathtub Ratio and I will not settle for less.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

New Leaf posted:

So wait, Ratio is a freebie soon? Is that what I'm hearing?

yes, when his banner starts next week you will get a copy of him for free in the mail

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Company Time die with Preservation is very funny. Gepard had over 250k shields at some point. :allears:

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

New Leaf posted:

Bailu is Gawr Gura in disguise.

I honestly would not be surprised if they modeled her based on Gura

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Kyrosiris posted:

Company Time die with Preservation is very funny. Gepard had over 250k shields at some point. :allears:

that's a big bonk

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Kyrosiris posted:

All Hail Qlipoth.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Lazy_Liberal posted:

that's a big bonk

Could've been bigger if I didn't get unlucky and have my final Respite domain replaced with a Transaction. I didn't get to enhance any of my blessings. :negative:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Extremely excited for Sento to be secretly another character, also a war criminal, also gay, also in deep suffering.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

NachtSieger posted:

Extremely excited for Sento to be secretly another character, also a war criminal, also gay, also in deep suffering.

From what has leaked about Sam, he's a tokusatsu robot so extremely excited for him.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Regarding Ratio, do we know yet what his optimal relic set/s and main/sub stats will be? Asking for me, I would like to do at least a cursory amount of pre-farming for him and already had the obvious stuff (ascension, trace mats) sorted.

Guessing some combination of Wastelander and/or Duke, and the usual FUA emphasis on CR/CD, ATK, SPD?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
What's the website to use to generate character cards with your stats and relics on them?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

bitprophet posted:

Regarding Ratio, do we know yet what his optimal relic set/s and main/sub stats will be? Asking for me, I would like to do at least a cursory amount of pre-farming for him and already had the obvious stuff (ascension, trace mats) sorted.

Guessing some combination of Wastelander and/or Duke, and the usual FUA emphasis on CR/CD, ATK, SPD?

There's a new 4-piece set coming in 2.0 that will probably be best in slot for him (it gives extra damage on targets with multiple debuffs). Until then, either 4 piece Wastelander or 2/2 Wastelander/Duke would be best I'd think. Musketeer would also be fine. For planetary set, it should be Inert Salsotto like usual for FUA characters. And yeah, there's nothing special in his kit that wants him to avoid the usual DPS stats.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
FUA characters are weird because whether or not they want the FUA sets is entirely dependent on how much they rely on FUAs for their damage output.

Like Topaz is a no brainers there, but Clara wants the FUA Planetary but not Duke. And then you've got Herta and Kafka who have FUA's, but who don't want those sets at all; Kafka because she's DOT Queen unless you have her LC and are building Critka or something, and Herta's DPS mostly comes from her Skill and Ult.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Tree Reformat posted:

FUA characters are weird because whether or not they want the FUA sets is entirely dependent on how much they rely on FUAs for their damage output.

That's not quite accurate. It's not based on how much they rely on followups, because then Clara would want it. It's based on how many hits their followups deal. Topaz and Jing Yuan deal lots of hits with their followups, so they want Grand Duke. Clara and Dr. Ratio only deal 1 hit with theirs, so the 4 piece bonus doesn't matter much, but the 2 piece can still be good for them.

EDIT: Also, you're really underestimating Time To Twirl's damage. 40% x 5 enemies is 200%, which is already better than her skill and equal to her ult -- and that's just from one twirl. She can do up to 5 per activation, which puts the multiplier at up to 1000%. Ashblazing Grand Duke is a perfectly good set for her.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 12, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Revitalized posted:

What's the website to use to generate character cards with your stats and relics on them?

I use https://enka.network/

Also Himeko really wants the FUA set too. Hers hits 4 times, so even against one target, she's getting half the buff. For Herta it's only good in pure fiction, but since that's where she's best at anyway....

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

bitprophet posted:

this is a theorycrafting document. probably use either the QUA set or the IMG set depending on which you farmed previously until 2.0 relics are out and switch to the debuff set.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Went for E1 Ruan Mei since I won't be pulling on Ratio (how's his E1?). Got E3 Bronya. Could be worse. Maybe I'll get her E4 follow up attack after all one of these days.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
galaxy brain: e4 bronya in the duke set

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Zurai posted:

EDIT: Also, you're really underestimating Time To Twirl's damage. 40% x 5 enemies is 200%, which is already better than her skill and equal to her ult -- and that's just from one twirl. She can do up to 5 per activation, which puts the multiplier at up to 1000%. Ashblazing Grand Duke is a perfectly good set for her.

Her skill and her ult can also hit 5 targets though. A more useful analysis might be that 3 twirls is better than 1 skill, and 5 twirls is equal to her ult.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Zurai posted:

That's not quite accurate. It's not based on how much they rely on followups, because then Clara would want it. It's based on how many hits their followups deal. Topaz and Jing Yuan deal lots of hits with their followups, so they want Grand Duke. Clara and Dr. Ratio only deal 1 hit with theirs, so the 4 piece bonus doesn't matter much, but the 2 piece can still be good for them.

Also, Clara is perfectly happy with a 2pc/2pc Grand Duke/Physical/Guard. Same as Ratio, but 4pc Imaginary is good for the crit buffs. Just make Welt his support.

Ratio has so much crit rate baked into his traces that you probably want a crit damage piece for him. He gets something like 40 crit rate and damage from his traces. Give him Cruising on the Stellar Sea and the Wastelander set and he already has 66% crit rate before any substats, or very close to it.

bagrada posted:

Went for E1 Ruan Mei since I won't be pulling on Ratio (how's his E1?). Got E3 Bronya. Could be worse. Maybe I'll get her E4 follow up attack after all one of these days.

Ratio's e1 gives him some more free crit damage, but his light cone gives him even more.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Clarste posted:

Her skill and her ult can also hit 5 targets though. A more useful analysis might be that 3 twirls is better than 1 skill, and 5 twirls is equal to her ult.

Yes, you're 100% right. I tunnel visioned and didn't think what I was saying all the way through. Thanks for the sanity check.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clarste posted:

The worst problem with her kit is that most enemies don't heal. Outside of Pure Fiction, her follow-up is relatively useless.

I'm still trying to decide what lightcone I like the best for her, but the battle pass one is great. Well worth the $50. :negative:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you're hitting at least 8 times with Herta's talent the FUA set is a no brainer because she keeps the 48% ATK for her ult and skill.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The effect resets with every FUA proc, tho. Isn't it like Clara's Ult in that hitting multiple enemies at once only counts as one for the effect counter?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Clara's ult gives 3 stacks from the FUA set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm, alright that would give Herta a maximum of a 30% atk buff for her skill and Ult. Not bad, but I'm still not convinced it outcompetes all other sets in a PF scenario.

Guess I'll have to wait for FUA Herta vs Ice Herta videos to know for sure.