Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

more falafel please posted:

yeah im from Chicago and we drop or glottalize a lot of t's like that. what I say is way closer to "twenny" than it is to "twen-tee" but importantly it's nowhere near "twunny"

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Twenty Connoisseur was pretty good

That one really excited me too. “See now that’s nice” definitely has legs

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Twenty Connoisseur was pretty good

Twenty Coinasaur Connta Connoisseur: You Try To Spell It

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Twunny Cunnysir

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I enjoyed that episode

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Twunty Britishword

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

External Organs posted:

I enjoyed that episode

Their repeated attempts and occasional failures to not poo poo on each other really cracked me up. Your impulse as a performer versus your impulse as a sibling at odds with one another.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I amazed that they got Twenty Fungalore and Twenty Fun Galore, but not Twenty Fungal Lore: Time to learn about mushrooms.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Justin explicitly said no fungal lore!

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Is there any kind of Fungal Ore?

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

Beer_Suitcase posted:

No, all the ore is with a spirited young woman.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sankis posted:

their method of choosing game of the year is so mind bogglingly weird to me. it just makes such little sense.

Twenty Come and See: Hell on Earth is in the books

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

Justin explicitly said no fungal lore!

He said no Fungalore Lore, Fungal Lore and Fun Gal Lore are both presumably fine. Unless it's Fungal Fun Gal Lore About Fungalore.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Captain France posted:

He said no Fungalore Lore, Fungal Lore and Fun Gal Lore are both presumably fine. Unless it's Fungal Fun Gal Lore About Fungalore.

no, the Fun Gal was Lal, you're thinking of Foe Guy Lore.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

no, the Fun Gal was Lal, you're thinking of Foe Guy Lore.

poo poo like this is why I’m glad I finally got around to watching Star Trek: TNG

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I can't wait until 2069

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Beer_Suitcase posted:

There better be otherwise what are those Poplins even doing down there?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Making Fungalore lore against the wishes of the McElroys is extremely Fungalore

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
You just know Fungalore is showing up in TAZ at some point

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Under-appreciated joke of the week is Travis saying that fungalore.fun is a “slant palindrome”.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

The Fungalorian was my favorite Disney+ show.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: an extremely meta The Adventure Zone with huge cameos by Kevin Sorbo and Clunt Macklemore

Feels like an episode you can do once, but I enjoyed it. Travis gonna Trav, fair warning.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

:lmao: an extremely meta The Adventure Zone with huge cameos by Kevin Sorbo and Clunt Macklemore

Feels like an episode you can do once, but I enjoyed it. Travis gonna Trav, fair warning.

I appreciate that Justin learned to play D&D for this one. More than anything it was just fun seeing him pick the kinds of spells he thought Taako would have in his spellbook.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I say Twunny but I'm in a state near WV so maybe it's a mid-Atlantic thing.

another Name of the Year banger. funny how last year they had nothing and finally stumbled on something at the end. this year the ideas were flowing but they just couldn't resist the siren call of Fungalore

PS they owe Baltimore a live show now.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Gotta love when the boys don’t even keep a list of wizard in the cloud articles they’ve already done. I think this segment needs to die. It never came anywhere close to yahoo answers, unfortunately.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It’s losing the Final Yahoo that really hurts. Sound Bath is garbage and I’ve lost hope that it will wrap around through bad to funny.

Some of the ones where Griffin was improvising a Final Yahoo on the spot were hilarious but I don’t know if he was physically capable of keeping that up every week.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Digging the new TAZ theme, it feels very Mort-Garson-Meets-Castlevania.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Doesn't help that the sound bath comes across like a surrender. They tried coming up with actual ways to close out the episode, couldn't keep them up, so now they just hum. Agree that WikiHow just isn't as fruitful a source as Yahoo was too. Not sure if MBMBaM has felt like anything other than running on fumes for awhile. Brothers are still fun, I still listen on occasion, but their flagship is broken and they haven't stabilized it yet.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
I have to disagree, I feel like the last year or so has been a huge return to form after the slump that started in 2020. Sure, the sound bath kinda sucks, but it's the last 30 seconds of the episode, and wikihows aren't as reliably funny as the yahoos, but when they hit, they hit. The show is pretty good right now imo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’d just like something more familiar, if not too familiar, if that makes sense.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

General Dog posted:

I’d just like something more familiar, if not too familiar, if that makes sense.

Ya know what, I like the way you think. My life is better with you(r posts).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dr. Platypus posted:

I have to disagree, I feel like the last year or so has been a huge return to form after the slump that started in 2020. Sure, the sound bath kinda sucks, but it's the last 30 seconds of the episode, and wikihows aren't as reliably funny as the yahoos, but when they hit, they hit. The show is pretty good right now imo

:agree:

hell, last week's episode had some energy to it I wasn't expecting after some time off. It hasn't hit the highs of years past, but I feel it's safe to say the pandemic is over at least in the podcast.

Maybe only in the podcast.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Vs. Dracula is fantastic, Justin's character especially is a hoot, but oh boy, the bit where Travis gave his low level character a custom magic weapon without running it by Griffin first was wild.

Like, fifteen year old, "I got the +2 Katana of Life Leeching in another campaign, yes I'm a 2nd level rogue but this is my backstory!" type stuff. And he doesn't even ease off when Griffin calls him out on it, he insists that it was on his character sheet and Griffin should have audited him if he didn't want him to have it.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

TAZ has always been 3 people wanting to make an actual play podcast and 1 travis trying to Win D&D

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Android Blues posted:

Vs. Dracula is fantastic, Justin's character especially is a hoot, but oh boy, the bit where Travis gave his low level character a custom magic weapon without running it by Griffin first was wild.

Like, fifteen year old, "I got the +2 Katana of Life Leeching in another campaign, yes I'm a 2nd level rogue but this is my backstory!" type stuff. And he doesn't even ease off when Griffin calls him out on it, he insists that it was on his character sheet and Griffin should have audited him if he didn't want him to have it.

The vibes of it feels like they wanted a campaign where they're just trying to crack each other up and I hope it persists

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

TAZ has always been 3 people wanting to make an actual play podcast and 1 travis trying to Win D&D

That's why it owns

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

The vibes of it feels like they wanted a campaign where they're just trying to crack each other up and I hope it persists

Yes, it's really good. That's like my one quibble. They're all on the same page about doing comedy and bits, which plays to their strengths really well. "You could draw it in five lines, it was like a signature" absolutely slew me.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Android Blues posted:

Yes but then we get it getting destroyed twice as a result. Net positive.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1745853172533358715

One step closer to Wet Sheldon

Zero One fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

What's the record for spin-offs of spin-offs? Big Bang Theory -> Young Sheldon -> whatever they call this turd is a pretty solid chain, but I'm sure there's been something longer.

For some reason I don't feel like Star Trek should count.