Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Maybe in the movie, Reed had a really rough time in his 20's and is a hard drinkin' 35-year old who just looks like he is pushing 50.

Time for a liver elasticity ultrasound except oh poo poo he's Mr. Fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

I thought Sasha Calle was great in the otherwise awful Flash. It's a shame they aren't keeping her despite them keeping lots of other actors from the DCU (I'll believe this when I see it. I don't actually expect that Amanda Waller show to happen.)

She was about the only good part.

Make her Power Girl in the new movies.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maybe Sue will be even older than Reed? Heck, make all the new Marvel women older. Storm on the X-Men already has white hair. Jean Grey, it's right there in her name already.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
My dad was insisting that there was an Iron Man 4 because he saw an ad on the internet that said it was announced on Ellen, and there was a trailer out. I kept trying to tell him he was wrong but he wouldn't listen and made me bring up the trailer on YouTube.

The trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWUFyVg7AmE

So now I think I need to take the internet away from him before he falls for a phishing e-mail or something.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

My dad was insisting that there was an Iron Man 4 because he saw an ad on the internet that said it was announced on Ellen, and there was a trailer out. I kept trying to tell him he was wrong but he wouldn't listen and made me bring up the trailer on YouTube.

The trailer:

So now I think I need to take the internet away from him before he falls for a phishing e-mail or something.

A movie announced on a canceled TV show, that'd be a first.

But wow that's a rough rear end trailer. I guess the dude didn't want to shell out for whatever that software is that can generate convincing sounding fake voices for his clearly AI talking scenes.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

A movie announced on a canceled TV show, that'd be a first.

But wow that's a rough rear end trailer. I guess the dude didn't want to shell out for whatever that software is that can generate convincing sounding fake voices for his clearly AI talking scenes.

"Iron Man 4 is coming out. There's a trailer for it."
-"I promise you whatever you saw wasn't real."
"It said it was announced on Ellen!"
-"Is Ellen even a show anymore?"
"I don't know, but that's what they said. And I looked it up and there was a trailer!"
-"For a movie that was just announced?"
"And Robert Downey Jr is in talks to return."
-"He's in talks to return for a movie they've apparently already filmed because they have a trailer, and it was just announced on a show that doesn't exist anymore?"
"Don't argue with me! Go to YouTube and put it on! I'll show you that it's on there!"
-"OK, but people can just say anything, or make fake trailers-"
"PUT IN ON!"

Even though he now accepts Iron Man 4 isn't actually being made, he's still insisting he was right because I said there were no trailers when there clearly were.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Robot voice: I LOVE YOU 3000

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Deadpool 3 trailer drops during the Superbowl on February 11th.

https://twitter.com/screentime/status/1745589430537130428

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

I wonder if we're going to get anything or if it's just going to be Reynolds and Jackman talking to the camera.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 12, 2024

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

Jamesman posted:

The trailer:

I get the frustration, but this story is still kinda :3:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Like fifteen years ago one of my friend’s little brothers gave the family computer that wonderful stew of viruses you can only get on Limewire trying to pirate Spiderman 4.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I kinda hope secretly they're going to have Laura in it. I want daddy daughter murder squad that isn't in a bummer of a movie.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I kinda hope secretly they're going to have Laura in it. I want daddy daughter murder squad that isn't in a bummer of a movie.

Considering it seems unlikely anyone but Deadpool is getting out of the film alive...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wouldn’t shock me if we had a Laura cameo considering all of the rumors and leaks about a bunch of cameos in this movie

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Pedro is 48 and Vanessa is 35.

If he married her when he was 13, then she wouldn't have even been born yet. THINK ABOUT IT.

Maybe in the movie, Reed had a really rough time in his 20's and is a hard drinkin' 35-year old who just looks like he is pushing 50.

It's worse, but Ioan was 8 years older than Jessica Alba, and older Reed track for the most part.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Clearly Reed is yet another man who can't handle a strong older woman.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The age difference is unfortunate, though I’ve become somewhat numb to these differences.

What worries me is Pascal’s acting range. The one time I’ve seen him playing against type was WW1984, and the less said about his performance (and the movie as a whole), the better. I haven’t seen the Last of Us, so maybe he shows some chops there that fit, but from the clips I’ve seen it doesn’t look like it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Admiralty Flag posted:

The age difference is unfortunate, though I’ve become somewhat numb to these differences.

What worries me is Pascal’s acting range. The one time I’ve seen him playing against type was WW1984, and the less said about his performance (and the movie as a whole), the better. I haven’t seen the Last of Us, so maybe he shows some chops there that fit, but from the clips I’ve seen it doesn’t look like it.

Nah, The Last of Us is really good and Pedro brings an extremely strong autistic genius dad energy to the performance that is a good base for Reed.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Wait, people really have a problem with a 35-year-old woman being married to a 48-year-old man?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Also, check out The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent if you want to see Pascal give a very good off-brand performance in a very good movie.

And that movie about the celebrities in the covid bubble where he jerks it to an exercise video after taking LSD if you want a very good off-brand performance from Pascal, but also don't want to watch a good movie.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 13, 2024

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...So you've seen Narcos, GoT, and Mandalorian and think he plays the same guy all the time?

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

live with fruit posted:

Wait, people really have a problem with a 35-year-old woman being married to a 48-year-old man?

It’s just internet Discourse, no one actually cares.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
You didn't like Pedro Pascal in WW84? He and Kristen Wiig are the best parts.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Better than Gal Gadot? No way!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Inkspot posted:

You didn't like Pedro Pascal in WW84? He and Kristen Wiig are the best parts.

buddy the best part of that movie is the credits

bc they mean the pain is over

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Inkspot posted:

Barbara and Diana's date with the not-subtle-at-all shots of the Washington Monument is kinda great.

I stand by it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WW84 is the 2nd best Wonder Woman project Pascal has been in.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Say what you will of Pedro pascal but his role in Game of thrones really popped and i think he had the part under his thumb.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Anyone going to see El Muerto this weekend? Feels like I haven’t seen much talk about it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm pretty sure Laura is gonna be in Deadpool. If Marvel is smart they would keep Keen around in that role. Just like they should with ATJ and Magik.

Also Pascal is a great actor. He'll be a great Reed.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

live with fruit posted:

You see any age difference more than 6 months is v problematic. In this Tumblr post I will...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'm still astounded at how GOOD that wolverine costume looks.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Samovar posted:

I'm still astounded at how GOOD that wolverine costume looks.

Yeah it gives me hope that when the MCU finally does their X-Men, they have real suits. Like, they'd certainly need tweaks but I have faith a good costume designer could make it work.

...Though I would like a montage of all of Kitty Pryde's awful costumes before settling on her just doing black like the original movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/OneTakeNews/status/1745560088310399323
Oh my

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

I think she misread the spider tarot or whatever

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Madam I don't care how sexy you make your voice I won't watch your movie

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I hope there's a post-credit scene of Michael Keaton's Vulture inexplicably showing up to recruit Madame Web to fight Spider-Man, even though he made his peace with Spider-Man and she has no idea who Vulture or Spider-Man are.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

live with fruit posted:

13 years is a bad age gap....unless you're 35+ then who gives a poo poo, you're grown. Now if they pull a "He was her professor" then it'll go back to being gross but Vanessa Kirby can pull off older/dignified so I'm not too worried.

Either way Pascal is always awesome.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Sheesh it's like you guys don't even know about the "Your age divided in half +7 = Safe to date" rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm always amazed when people know actor's exact age. Usually it is about if the actor looks young or old for the character they are playing, not if the actor is young or old.