Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Matt Elam = Brandon Williams. Brandon Williams was a third round NT that walked on his hands and absolutely owned.

See! I'm even wronger and dumber than I thought!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mark Andrews returned to practice

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Good for him. Hate seeing the guys on the shelf.

Well, anyone's guys really unless they're just awful humans.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://x.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1745864638586110162?s=20

Absolute stud. Unguardable.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Our old strength and conditioning coach would have made him a paraplegic by now

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

OceanCyclone posted:

I remember seeing a video of that dude doing a walking handstand and for some reason it convinced me that he was some agile grizzly bear who would be awesome

I was wrong and dumb

Hey thats the kinda skills they look for when managing a Foot Locker in stank butt bottom, florida or whatever

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

TheKingslayer posted:

Good for him. Hate seeing the guys on the shelf.

Well, anyone's guys really unless they're just awful humans.

i hope the ravens field a team of nothing but monstrous felons and evil dudes

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Mark go the gently caress away youre gonna disrupt the goddamn flow

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Oberstwo posted:

Mark go the gently caress away youre gonna disrupt the goddamn flow

Honestly it terrifies me that he’s going to come back, they’ll try to force feed him, and everything just falls apart.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hate to say it, but it did occur to me that maybe the reason the offense has been rolling is because Mark isn’t there to gently caress up the route spacing with his freelancing

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Just keep Likely out there. He's good and is a starter on most teams. Even if Andrews is back don't let Likely rot like we did the first part of the season

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Man we are going to get soo many comp picks

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Also mark averages like 2 TD per game against the browns so that might be usefull

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City
https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1745855333115760964

Lamar getting 45/50 votes. I assume that wraps up his MVP campaign, not that he needed this. Also lol @ Dax Prescott.

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

Freaquency posted:

Honestly it terrifies me that he’s going to come back, they’ll try to force feed him, and everything just falls apart.

I hope Monken finds a way to scheme for them both, like Gronk and Hernandez back in the day.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

OceanCyclone posted:

I hope Monken finds a way to scheme for them both, like Gronk and Hernandez back in the day.

Seems a bit busy

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1745992176637813168

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

its cool that its the same goddamn thing that happened in 2019. ill be the one ravens fan on this forum to sound entitled (since no one else is willing and i am very brave) i thought they changed the rules so they cant interview coaches still in the playoffs or whatever

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

its cool that its the same goddamn thing that happened in 2019. ill be the one ravens fan on this forum to sound entitled (since no one else is willing and i am very brave) i thought they changed the rules so they cant interview coaches still in the playoffs or whatever

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/heres-how-long-it-might-take-for-the-seahawks-to-replace-pete-carroll/ According to this these are the rules now

quote:

As part of the most recent changes approved in October, and as stated on the league’s website, teams are prohibited “from conducting in-person Head Coach interviews with candidates who are employed by other NFL clubs until after the conclusion of all Divisional Playoff games. Before the conclusion of Divisional Playoff games, hiring clubs are permitted to conduct in-person Head Coach interviews with candidates who are employed by the hiring club or who are not employed in the NFL.”

That last sentence means college coaches or anyone not on a current NFL staff can be interviewed anytime.

But if a candidate is still with an NFL team, nothing in person can happen until the week after the divisional round, or Jan. 22.

As further summarized recently by The Charlotte Observer:

Candidates working during wild-card weekend can interview virtually during the following week, but those interviews need to be conducted before the divisional round Sunday, Jan. 21.
Teams will be allowed to request interviews with candidates from other teams Monday, Jan. 8. Teams will have until Sunday, Jan. 21, to conduct initial virtual interviews with candidates who are employed by other teams.
Staff members of the San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens can interview during their playoff bye week, three days after their regular-season concludes, similar to non-playoff teams.
Starting Monday, Jan. 22, teams may host in-person interviews with candidates who are employed by teams who aren’t in the postseason at that time.
If a team hasn’t had a virtual interview with a candidate participating in the AFC or NFC Conference Championship games before that round, they can’t interview the candidate until after their season has concluded.
Teams can conduct second interviews — in-person or virtual — with coaches working in the Super Bowl from Monday, Jan. 29, to Sunday, Feb. 4. After Feb. 4, contact is prohibited.
And teams can’t officially hire candidates until their current team is out of the playoffs.

Since they're on a bye, he was able to do virtual interviews with the Chargers and Panthers. He can't be hired until they're eliminated

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/heres-how-long-it-might-take-for-the-seahawks-to-replace-pete-carroll/ According to this these are the rules now

Since they're on a bye, he was able to do virtual interviews with the Chargers and Panthers. He can't be hired until they're eliminated

I guess the hiring part is what got changed. Who was the chiefs OC that got poached the one year right before the playoffs? Kinda surprised they didn't put that rule in place right after that.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I’m going to be annoyed if Monken winds up one-and-done in Baltimore

I’m going to be even more annoyed when he then winds up flaming out like Daboll apparently has and no one ends up happy

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

I guess the hiring part is what got changed. Who was the chiefs OC that got poached the one year right before the playoffs? Kinda surprised they didn't put that rule in place right after that.

charlie weis is who i was thinking of lmfao. how'd that work out for you florida? loving losers

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Freaquency posted:

It's a bit funny and a little scary that we're all a little worried about this

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm less worried about calling plays for him specifically and more worried about Lamar going back to his safety blanket

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the ravens are goingto defeat the browns or texans by mistakenly forcing the ball to mark andrews, and then perfectly gameplan for the bills or chiefs or?? dolphins or??? steelers. that's everyone

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
It's wild that y'all are unhappy with having a top 5 TE that regularly gets open-as-gently caress-somehow and also is a YAC machine.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm not. It's sick. I hope he gets back in time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ravens with andrews: 7-3
ravens with partial andrews: 1-0
ravens without andrews: 5-1

inconclusive...

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

It's wild that y'all are unhappy with having a top 5 TE that regularly gets open-as-gently caress-somehow and also is a YAC machine.

It’s definitely deranged-fan.txt, I’ll cop to that. Years of Greg Roman being seemingly unable to make adjustments will do that to a fan base, I think.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Yeah I'm not unhappy at all, just worried the wheels are going to fall off in the playoff as per

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

after the Steelers game a dude from the Ravens made a video with the best 20 Lamar throws from this season and like 10 of them were to Mark Andrews lol

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mark Andrews owns is gonna catch two tuddies in the Super Bowl

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

team has played better ball without him hth

lamar IMO has progressed in his development because his white safety blanket hasn't been there

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

love a white te - a ravens tradition

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Cavauro posted:

ravens with andrews: 7-3
ravens with partial andrews: 1-0
ravens without andrews: 5-1

inconclusive...

heres a conclusion: Sshut up nerd

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1745875907556864020?t=N4ut7o8acwiEexRvtMScpg&s=19

Objectively unstoppable. Love my big Golden Retriever rear end TE.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oberstwo posted:

love a white te - a ravens tradition

Terrell Suggs approves

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Myles Garrett's double team win rate must be insane today. He has zero sacks, tackles or pressures so far

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

D-LINK posted:

Myles Garrett's double team win rate must be insane today. He has zero sacks, tackles or pressures so far

What will TJ Watts be on Monday?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Probably DPOY judging by this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Halftime of Browns/Texans. I believe in the AFC North.

Well, not the Steelers obviously but you know what I mean.