Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
What is this "softcore" that you speak of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

watching red shoe diaries with the sound down, flipping back to a different channel every time I heard a sound from upstairs, and not even getting to see a drat nippple, was some bullshit

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

PostNouveau posted:

Oh yeah, Tasha Yar was on that

So was Joey Tribbiani lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

watching red shoe diaries with the sound down, flipping back to a different channel every time I heard a sound from upstairs, and not even getting to see a drat nippple, was some bullshit

Lol we didn't even have the good channels. All I had was USA Network's after dark selection, which was softcore movies but with all the nudity either cut out or blurred.

Dark times

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Outpost22 posted:

Today they call it twitch.tv

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Same. The Recall button was made for that.

Can’t forget Nightcap, Hot Springs Hotel, Passion Cove, Compromising Situations, and whatever Emmanuelle movie was playing.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ghosts Can’t Do It starring Bo Derek and featuring future president Donald Trump :fart::sad:

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

PostNouveau posted:

Lol we didn't even have the good channels. All I had was USA Network's after dark selection, which was softcore movies but with all the nudity either cut out or blurred.

Dark times

You could see full boob in Le Femme Nikita that time she wore the completely see through mesh top

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Remember Silk Stalkings on USA? I never actually watched it, but the commercials made it seem like the horniest show on TV.

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

They had a show called Red Shoe Diaries which was just an excuse to have famous actresses on the downside of their career do softcore. I specifically remember watching an episode because Ally Sheedy was in it. She played a woman who liked to wear wigs while having sex with her husband. She did not do any nudity. The plot of the ep had to do with their maid wearing her wigs and the husband mistaking her for Ally Sheedy and accidentally banging the wrong lady. The 90s were pretty hosed up.

David Duchovny was the Red Shoe Diaries equivalent of the crypt keeper. Except he was a sad guy who read people’s letters at the beginning and end of every episode, not a cackling corpse who made puns.

:thunk:

I think having the actual crypt keeper doing the Red Shoe intros/outros would’ve been an improvement.

I saw Duchovny on an Eric Andre segment recently. The guy looks tired of life.

Whereas Gillian Anderson seems to get better and better as she ages.

Maybe they have some Dorian Grey type bond?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

I remember red shoe diaries, I think it was on the Canadian version of skinemax, Showcase. They had their raunchy stuff on Friday evenings.

They also had some good stuff like HBO shows, it’s where I watched Oz.

I remember this now, a bunch of people who are in '90s outer limits and the Stargate shows turned up in it

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I just got back from seeing Dogtooth. Although not the rowdiest crowd I've ever seen, it was, by far, the most times someone in the theater has said "oh my God" in a movie I've been to. And it ran the gamut from shocked exclamations of "Oh my God!" to quiet horror of whispering "oh my God..."

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Outpost22 posted:

Lots of boobs and the odd butt if you were lucky.

Also it leads to you growing up thinking that babies are made by a girl grinding on a guys stomach.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Andy Sidaris movies are the peak of softcore cinema

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Vakal posted:

Lots of boobs and the odd butt if you were lucky.

Also it leads to you growing up thinking that babies are made by a girl grinding on a guys stomach.

sometimes they sit on your lap and bounce up and down on your thighs

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I read that as Amy Sedaris and I thought about her offhand comment about loving a hairy jawa in Star Wars.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Vakal posted:

...are they not?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Yeah we may not like it, but the peak of softcore is WCW’s Buff Bagwell awkwardly making love to Julie Strain in a pool.

FE:

https://youtu.be/bWO6QhiKZTc

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

FishBowlRobot posted:

Yeah we may not like it, but the peak of softcore is…. Julie Strain

:hmmyes:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Andy Sidaris Misty Mundae movies are the peak of softcore cinema

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Merkins...

Merkins everywhere...

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Murdstone posted:

Your...loss?

''i wanted to have always been dead'' -- patton oswalt, 1914

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Gutcruncher posted:

Doesn’t Disney+ have Mr Boogity?

That was extremely my poo poo as a kid.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

billymumphrey posted:

According to wookiepedia Miike is the clone of Mike

Bigger Mike

d00kiemastah
Jun 11, 2006
An afro is the symbol of a man.

mysterious frankie posted:

Best not to compare the show and the movies imo. I think Fargo the show only aspires to be a collection of (generally) well told stories by a mega fan of the Coens, and he peppers visual references throughout that are just member berries. Danish Graves has an eyepatch that looks like John Goodman’s in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou; the reference is meaningless to the plot, but it did made me think of a movie I like, and that made me feel good. The more you make me think about it, the weirder it is that Fargo got made and has lasted this long, when it’s basically a giant bag of really specific film references and style impressions.

Yeah for sure, I guess the Coens connection is what made me have the thought about a season of serialized TV versus a movie, but I could’ve had the same thought by going from the new Fargo to any really great film. Maybe all I’m rolling around in my head is that TV shows should embrace the advantages of the form, versus how often we just get what amounts to a ten hour movie that’s messy. Let’s get some only semi-serialized genre stuff like X-Files style, that’s where TV’s tendency to need to pad runtime isn’t so much of a weakness. Monster/problem of the week is a fun format that I wish we still saw often. Prestige TV doesn’t allow for less urgent episodes that are mostly just worth watching for character moments I suppose.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Saw Dead or Alive with a group as a student. The ending was the hardest I've ever laughed at a movie.
We also watched Ichi the Killer. It sure was something.

I've long meant to get back to Miike movies as he's well regarded but there was some barf-worthy stuff in those two flicks

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

bitterandtwisted posted:

Saw Dead or Alive with a group as a student. The ending was the hardest I've ever laughed at a movie.
We also watched Ichi the Killer. It sure was something.

I've long meant to get back to Miike movies as he's well regarded but there was some barf-worthy stuff in those two flicks

Audition is great but hard to recommend to people

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Watching Road Trip, its a 90 minute movie and takes nearly 30 minutes before any road tripping begins happening.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Watch Eurotrip instead.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Watched The Beekeeper with a friend yesterday, I have not been in a theater before with multiple people laughing at things that were not jokes. The catalyst for his revenge spree is Phylicia Rashad losing all her money on an internet scam, and Statham says "Stealing from the elderly is just as bad as stealing from a baby. Maybe even worse. A baby has parents"

Kurt Wimmer is an old man who's mad at younger people and used chatgpt to write a script

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

what has this thread become, a page full of softcore discourse and not a single monique.gif

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Truly we are the last of the moniqueans.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Softcore Daniel Day Lewis

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Arc Hammer posted:

You can't just say that and not post the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9X_FmCbrIA

Finally watched this and

lmao

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Auralnauts are good

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Watched Godzilla Minus One in an AMC Prime theater with the vibrating seats and a million speakers on every surface and it loving ruled.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Watch Eurotrip instead.

Which was the one that the entire marketing push was that you would see the girl's from Buffy the Vampire Slayer's tits in it, who may not even have been 18 at the time?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
American Pie

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I remember when I worked at a Hollywood Video we had a bunch of heavily edited "R-rated" versions of Misty Mundae movies. I remember renting "Spider-Babe" because it sounded like some solid schlock. It was OK and Misty was basically the only person in the entire movie who could act. I think she did some non-softcore horror films under her real name but I can't remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Looking into Misty Mundae/Erin Brown to see if any of her stuff was on the showcase smut hour and

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck!_The_Carbine_High_Massacre

:stare: