Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

Remember he episode of rocki' modern life where heifer gets sucked off by a milking machine?

oldie but goodie

rocko ftw. did nick ever release 1080p+ releases or anything, or is it still memoryholed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

loquacius posted:

Yeah the way they handled it makes me think their motivation was so they don't have to give severance at ALL. That lady can probably sue the pants off them tbh

Its america they don't have to give any severance at all

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

loquacius posted:

Yeah the way they handled it makes me think their motivation was so they don't have to give severance at ALL. That lady can probably sue the pants off them tbh

correct. the thing about sales is its really easy to fire people for performance because you just axe the ppl hitting lower targets.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1746283581432013077?t=neU0yOxb7--e8_HkubMa6g&s=19

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

what does d&d have anything to do with it you little freak

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
The defense department produces an insane number of completely useless words read by no one so I'm sure ChatGPT will fit right in.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

i am harry posted:

I’m just not cool with the red cross selling my blood

lmao this is what the do and have been doing for years with their blood "donations." well they are blood donations, you are donating your valuable blood to a private organization who is selling the blood on at a profit.

Remember in 2002 or so when the red cross revealed it was going to spend 3 billion dollars that had been donated for 9/11 relief on expanding their blood collection system?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

The defense department produces an insane number of completely useless words read by no one so I'm sure ChatGPT will fit right in.

ChatGPT: Civilian bombing targets are not acceptable wartime casualties.
O5: Your sentence is incorrect.
ChatGPT: You're right; my mistake. Civilian bombing targets are the only acceptable wartime casualties.
O5: *copy / paste to Powerpoint* "Our cloud-based machine learning algorithms have determined that..."

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Roflmao

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Sundae posted:

ChatGPT: You're right; my mistake. Civilian bombing targets are the only acceptable wartime casualties.
O5: *copy / paste to Powerpoint* "Our cloud-based machine learning algorithms have determined that..."

Operator: "Launch tube 6, Asset X-R203.3. Surface to Air Interceptor."
ChatGPT: "No asset number found"
Operator: "Asset X-R203.3. Confirm"
ChatGPT: "Confirmed."
Operator: "Now launch tube 6."
ChatGPT: "Launching Nuclear ICBM from Silo X-R2033"

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

was worth the derail imo

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

doing their part to take down the MIC, nice!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I remember hearing (perhaps apocryphal) stories from my dad's buddies how the red cross would charge servicemen for the stuff they brought them in battle, like blankets, back in the day.

then after katrina I heard bad stories about the red cross from friends who volunteered to work at the shelters the red cross ran in louisiana. (probably no better or worse than the for-profit companies running migrant shelters now but not in keeping with their sainted image.)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

People assume medieval knights were buff as hell but they were mostly twinks

Makes sense since the career track was to have nobles' failsons squire for existing knights until they got promoted.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
lol i dont think openai is good enough for military applications

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Power point clip art gonna be lit with openai

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

wow, what a shame

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1746291464894857309

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

just perma this pathetic worm already

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

wrt to blood there is an ancient legal norm in Anglo world that people should not be able to sell body parts

Apparently plasma doesn't count

Testicular Torque Wrench
Apr 14, 2016

yeet

Sundae posted:

Gonna add "professionnal data masseur" to my resume

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lol at NBC holding football fans hostage by forcing them to pay to watch on their lovely app

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

loquacius posted:

It's a sales position so it's pretty easy to point to performance and she herself said she hadn't made any sales yet. Understandable considering she was there for less than 3 months and seemed to be mostly in a lengthy onboarding process but the flipside of that is 3 mo is usually the probationary period for firing people for w/e reason anyways. I'd be surprised if she got anything from them but certainly more power to her if she does, hopefully stuff like that going viral at least offers some sort of support. I think in the twitter meltdown of elon coming on a lot of people had fairly public firings and were already getting tweeted at for positions elsewhere so maybe that'd work for the tech people posted here so far.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

judging by the recent poo poo in yemen they hardly have any bombs left anyway

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

It's not actually that important which specific wedding gets bombed as long as someone gets blown up.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nothus posted:

Lol at NBC holding football fans hostage by forcing them to pay to watch on their lovely app

The NFL's success is based on their model where there are a small number of games, the games are free to watch, and the money is made on fandom (and now gambling). The great majority of football watchers do not understand football and do not give a gently caress about the game other than "yay we're winning", they're cutting their own throats with this poo poo.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The NFL's success is based on their model where there are a small number of games, the games are free to watch, and the money is made on fandom (and now gambling). The great majority of football watchers do not understand football and do not give a gently caress about the game other than "yay we're winning", they're cutting their own throats with this poo poo.

yeah i just didn't watch many of the college football bowls this season beacuse most were on ESPN, even the natty

it's weird because i still have some affinity for the cubs having grown up with WGN even though i've never been within 200 miles of chicago

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ahahahaaaaaaaaa

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

Sticky inflation isn't usually effected by volatile measurements like energy. It is bad when sticky is high and staying high.

You can't subtract energy from how it flows through an economy over a long-term. Elevated prices are still occurring because oil is still having a lagged effect even if it is an indirect one. It is why inflation may eventually settle out but it will take time.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Peacock came free with my Internet plan so I am excited to watch the Taylor Swift game

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

this is like taping buttered toast to a cat

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Xaris posted:

oldie but goodie

rocko ftw. did nick ever release 1080p+ releases or anything, or is it still memoryholed

it’s on paramount+, so I’d guess it’s in HD. they made a movie in 2019 that’s available on Netflix

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the nfl playoff game is only on peacock??? death to america

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

oh poo poo its that time again, commercials for loans against your tax refund!

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

my personal economic indicator is the trump thread number rereg person is slowing down on the new accounts

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

I like how NFL has been nothing about betting and now this playoff game is only available on streams which are like 30-45 seconds behind the betting apps. Can't even bet on what you're watching

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Scarabrae posted:

my personal economic indicator is the trump thread number rereg person is slowing down on the new accounts

lmao

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, it's always hard to generalize because it's not like I have a sample size of a thousand companies. It's just something I've heard repeatedly from people in management positions over the last few years.
yeah I’d certainly think twice about hiring somebody out of Google who’s probably just going to jump ship in a few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Scarabrae posted:

lol