Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I'm honored to be a part of your jerkoff fanfic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Black Sunshine posted:

I'm honored to be a part of your jerkoff fanfic

i get to jack myself off, and you get to jackoff the quarterback you love a lot, deshaun watson

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

What on earth is going on in this thread

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Do you need an Appalachian interpreter?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It is 6:25 A.M. Sunday September 8th 2019. Today is the day I tell my grandchildren where I was, and what I was doing when the unstoppable 100 year long Browns Dynasty started. Sorry Titans.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i cant believe a raiders fan is coming in here to defend Watson but its happening right before my eyes

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I still hurt...

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Time posted:

i get to jack myself off, and you get to jackoff the quarterback you love a lot, deshaun watson

do i get to jack you off too

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

we jackin off in here or is everyone all talk?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Frank Walker

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

we jackin off in here or is everyone all talk?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Corey Ivy, actually

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I enjoy the automatic advancement to the divisional round. It's like winning a playoff game in December.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thank you for your service

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Deshaun was just looking for some leadership

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It is 6:25 A.M. Sunday September 8th 2019. Today is the day I tell my grandchildren where I was, and what I was doing when the unstoppable 100 year long Browns Dynasty started. Sorry Titans.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
So Green Bay is now the Ravens only chance at winning a SB(provided we get through the AFC of course). Unless Philly or Tampa somehow gets through which is doubtful. SF is a sure loss and Detroit is a probable loss. But Green Bay can potentially give us that and even though a SB win against them isn't quite as valuable as one against Detroit it's still very valuable. Tampa is the most valuable SB win but I really do not see them getting through.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
What in the gently caress are you smoking. The ravens blew up sf last month and honestly but a hard stop to the lions earlier this season which put them in question as frauds for a long time. Yes things could turn out differently but goddamn you start the pessimism with some sheer whining out the gate.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

So Green Bay is now the Ravens only chance at winning a SB(provided we get through the AFC of course). Unless Philly or Tampa somehow gets through which is doubtful. SF is a sure loss and Detroit is a probable loss. But Green Bay can potentially give us that and even though a SB win against them isn't quite as valuable as one against Detroit it's still very valuable. Tampa is the most valuable SB win but I really do not see them getting through.

Agreed

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

if the ravens win the super bowl im going to have a gigantic big baby meltdown fyi

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

UCS Hellmaker posted:

What in the gently caress are you smoking. The ravens blew up sf last month and honestly but a hard stop to the lions earlier this season which put them in question as frauds for a long time. Yes things could turn out differently but goddamn you start the pessimism with some sheer whining out the gate.

We had two very impressive late season wins although the 49ers game was heavily aided by turnovers and bad gameplanning where they didn't use CMC enough and tried to have Purdy win the game so he could get MVP and it didn't work out for them. If they had just based their offense around its best player we would never have had a chance in that. If we play them again they will know what adjustments to make and that team is not going to lose to the same team twice in such a short span. My hope was that The Rams would upset the Lions getting rid of them, then could upset the 49ers and then lose to Dallas so then we'd play them for the first time in the SB. We also would probably lose to the Rams in a rematch. And yes the Lions win was very impressive but they are good also and will know they have to approach a rematch differently. If we were playing these teams for the first time we'd be in a very favorable position. I said during the 49ers game I wish this had just been the SB.

Look at the Philadelphia Eagles. Through the first part of the season everyone would have called them a major SB favorite and probably the best team in the league. Jalen Hurts was obviously MVP. That's how these stories go and that's how the Ravens are now. We might be the team getting blown out in the future even though we're the one blowing out now.

And yes I'm overlooking the AFC because I can deal with losing those games except to Joe Flacco which thankfully can't happen now. But in the SB our franchise legacy is in serious trouble and I believe it may be this team's destiny to lose the Superbowl.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
If the Steelers win today, they will bounce the Ravens. You know it's true Kawa

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

D-LINK posted:

Only if Watt returns

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

Maybe. But we've already lost three times in the playoffs to the Steelers and it wouldn't be the AFC Championship game. So like I said I'm not as worried about it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Feels real odd being a lions fan in Cleveland right now. Usually nobody is still watching football

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Kawalimus posted:

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

Kawalimus posted:

https://twitter.com/Patrickqueen_/status/1746695347097702514

this you?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Well I'd never say this stuff directly to the Ravens at least :D

I can't imagine what I would have done as a teenager though if I could have tweeted directly at Ray Lewis or Jamal Lewis or any of the other players. That would have been bad.

Before the game :

Hey Ray some guys on the internet said the Bears are going to beat you week 1 because you're not as good without Jamal Lewis. I told them they weren't ready for what they were going to face in our defense but I'm starting to get nervous as the game approaches that I went too hard and will look foolish if you do somehow lose. I thought you were going to have Barry Sanders or Robert Smith but you only got Terry Allen. Please win this one big for me

After the game:

Well you won but it was only by 11 points and the Bears fans seem to think they were right just because they were competitive for most of the game. And you let them go right down the field and score a FG on their first possession. I also made my dad real mad during the game by not shutting up about this the entire time. So thanks for nothing

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 15, 2024

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rank the remaining playoff teams. kalwamus

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

1. Ravens
2. 49ers
3. Lions
4. Packers
5. Bills
6. Chiefs
7. Steelers
8. Texans
9. Eagles
10. Bucs

That's part of the problem though. You do not want to be #1 on this list. 2-5 is best.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the problem, as always, is that the baltimore ravens are simply way too good at football

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the packers seem way too high. you said you can beat them. i would put them down at about 5 or 6.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

the packers seem way too high. you said you can beat them. i would put them down at about 5 or 6.

Because we'd be playing them for the first time this year so they don't know what Kyle Hamilton is going to do against them yet. It's not that I think they're bad enough for us to beat as I can see us losing to teams like the Texans or Steelers. But they're good enough to maybe upset the 49ers and Lions or the others and then we have a first matchup we can take advantage of.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

something to consider is the Green Bay Packers lead the series 5-2

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yet the ravens have outscored them 165 to 139. that means you will most likely lose any game against the Packers that isn't a huge blowout win. that's a tough gamble.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

yet the ravens have outscored them 165 to 139. that means you will most likely lose any game against the Packers that isn't a huge blowout win. that's a tough gamble.

First one was in like 1998 where we played there against Favre and lost big. I wasn't watching then but I remember my dad said before the game we had no chance.

Then we lost to them again in 2001 where we took control early but then those dumb rubberband AI fumbles that happen to the Ravens all the time happened with Obafemi Ayanbadejo fumbled and they came back and Grbac got concussed but we left him in there too long after. I remember before the game on ESPN forums somebody said that Jon Ogden would turn Kabir Gbaja-Biamila into "I-need-a-beer-"

Then in 2005 I went to that game on MNF where Boller had a really phenomenal game and the Packers gave up like 44 points. That's when they had Samkon Gado or whatever his name was.

In 2009 I think on MNF again we were sort of competitive and lost and Zomodok got angry because I kept criticizing Flacco during the game and other fans of other teams were joining along by the end of it.

Then we played again in 2013 right after the SB year at home and it was a rotten game but they took control with a long Jordy Nelson TD.

Then in 2017 I think we played against that guy whose name was like Tyler Huntley. Like Richard Huntney? Some crap like that and we shut them out on the road and no team had done that for a while there.

Then in 2021 we lost a very close near upset to them with the real Tyler Huntley where we had one of our many failed 2 point conversions at the end of the game.

So the score differential is mainly from the shutout and that MNF blowout in 2005. The other games they won were a bit closer except the 98 game. And the 2001 game we had garbage time points and made it a one score game or something by the end.

These games don't matter though to this potential SB because we didn't have Lamar Jackson or Kyle Hamilton in any of those previous games. It's too many different players and coaches.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 15, 2024

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Now we're cookin with gas

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Then in 2017 I think we played against that guy whose name was like Tyler Huntley. Like Richard Huntney? Some crap like that and we shut them out on the road and no team had done that for a while there.

Brett Hundley. Man, if you can't even get standard Ravens history right I'm not sure I can put much stock in your football opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
That Boller game was insane in the membrane