Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I thought this god dude had things figured out in advance? Do these people think lobbying god is like pressing a politician for a favor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I thought this god dude had things figure out in advance?

If you read the book, he's been making on-the-fly adjustments to the plan ever since some snake got chatty, and messed up his original idea.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mudlark posted:

Untreated anxiety issues mostly, in my experience of growing up in a family of them and dating countless number of gun-chuds in my earlier years.

Emotional support glock is absolutely a thing

They’re also taught to be afraid of everyone and everything from an early age, it’s incredible to hear colleagues who are amazed when you suggest walking through a city

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

redshirt posted:

Y'ALL BEEN LOOMERED!

Tiptoe down to social media plaaaaaaces
Cuff yourself and sit on the ground
Little giiirrrrrl throws a temper tantrum
Whatcha typing you caaaannn't Tweet it out

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mudlark posted:

Untreated anxiety issues mostly, in my experience of growing up in a family of them and dating countless number of gun-chuds in my earlier years.

Emotional support glock is absolutely a thing

I kind of imagine carrying a firearm to be the real-world version of wielding the ring in LoTR, it makes you feel powerful at first but then you just become an increasingly craven terrified and amoral shadow of your former self. Except these people already started out as pieces of poo poo rather than kindly hobbitses

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Also its critical to remember that the Taliban resuming control of Afghanistan is 1000% :smugdon: fault. If it was accidental or intentional is hard to say, but either way:
i'm trying to do this no notes, so if i get something wrong tell me and i'll correct it

Ashraf Ghani was the maybe-democratically elected president of Afghanistan. Dude was a crooked thief, but he wasn't the Taliban. While Ghani held the office of president of Afghanistan, in reality that means Kabul and the immediate vicinity - the ASNF and the Taliban were still very much fighting it out in the mountains. :chaostrump: wanted to GTFO out of Afghanistan so he moved for the US to broker a deal with the Taliban directly. (Also IIRC TORMP made a lot of noise about how corrupt Ghani was, but in retrospect it really seems like TROMP wanted to get him killed). The US and Taliban signed a peace deal, (5000 Taliban prisoners may have been released, either to open the deal or to close it :shrug:) which had secret annexes describing :stare: US Troop Locations :stare: . The US didn't disclose the deal to the ASNF or Ghani, so basically most of the ASNF woke up one morning to find out that their US air support was gone, and the Taliban increased its attacks 10x. It was pretty obvious to the police and ASNF on the outskirts of coalition-controlled territory that they needed to cut a deal with the Taliban now, while they could, because nobody was coming for them. Once the outskirts started cutting their own deals, there was no choice for the remaining defenders - make a deal or be horribly butchered.

Ghani fled, Kabul fell, :smugdon: Art Of The Deal, baby.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Scientastic posted:

They’re also taught to be afraid of everyone and everything from an early age, it’s incredible to hear colleagues who are amazed when you suggest walking through a city

Moved from the great white nowhere of Michigan's Upper Peninsula to a mildly large city and this is literally the conversation every week when I talk to family/old friends that never got out.

The fear-mongering is loving ridiculous.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I kind of imagine carrying a firearm to be the real-world version of wielding the ring in LoTR, it makes you feel powerful at first but then you just become an increasingly craven terrified and amoral shadow of your former self. Except these people already started out as pieces of poo poo rather than kindly hobbitses

Yeah, you ain't wrong on that. That's basically the entire loving right-wing aesthetic in a nutshell.

Mudlark fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 14, 2024

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Mudlark posted:

Moved from the great white nowhere of Michigan's Upper Peninsula to a mildly large city and this is literally the conversation every week when I talk to family/old friends that never got out.

The fear-mongering is loving ridiculous.

Yeah, you ain't wrong on that. That's basically the entire loving right-wing aesthetic in a nutshell.

Meanwhile it’s 1500 people towns like the one my wife grew up in that are featured on Forensic Files for having a serial child abuser/murderer

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

resident posted:

Meanwhile it’s 1500 people towns like the one my wife grew up in that are featured on Forensic Files for having a serial child abuser/murderer

That's precisely the kind of town I moved from and YEP. There were like 10 registered sex offenders for every kid and some guy behind us literally got raided for multiple homicide charges when I was visiting during college one year. Like, yeah, I see some crazy poo poo in the city once in a while but we had poo poo stolen out of our garage, like, every loving week when we lived out in the backwater and I've had more run-ins with violent crazy fucks out there way more often than I have in the city.

My parents, who even lived in Queens, NYC for a few years while I was with them, cannot comprehend that a city can be just as safe, if not safer, than the loving meth outposts of the midwest thanks to 20-some years of constant fear bullshit. It's wild as gently caress. Pointing out all the armed confrontations with neighbors and poo poo over things like speakers, lawn equipment, etc. Yeah, that's just good ole fashioned american living. Fireworks in the city? YOU NEED A CCW AND YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE CITY IMMEDIATELY, MUDLARK.

Kind of funny if it wasn't so sad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the Taliban regaining control of Afghanistan was inevitable. We could stay there for the next 50 years and that wouldn’t change

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Data Graham posted:

Remembering when Trump pulled the troops out of Syria overnight, "surprise!" Zapp Brannigan style, and they didn't even have time to put tarps over everything let alone lock up or take the valuable poo poo with them so the Russians rolled up the next day "hey, free American stuff! :haw:"

Lol he didn't even pull them out overnight he just said he was. A buddy of mine was a former green beret and he was freaking out because he had friends still in country and no one actually knew how some of them were going to get out

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Yup, I came from small town of 7,500 located in Gym Jordan's congressional district, and my eyes popped when I caught the name of my hometown scroll across the chryon while eating breakfast at an Orlando Double Tree. A local militia was caught on tape plotting to kill a cop and then kill more cops at the funeral, and then eventually overthrow the government. Fantastic to see one of the chuds they'd rounded up was a bully who'd filmed himself loving with one of my town's autistic members and uploaded it to YouTube. People in cities learn how to live with each other and get along- the small fraction that don't usually get their rear end handed to them. People who live out in rural areas are the same- but the small fraction of sociopaths run around unchecked abusing the poo poo out of other people, afraid that they'd get treated the same way by other people if there were more of them around to do something about it.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Scam Likely posted:

How's the next South Park episode coming along?

Poorly, I keep trying to write that the the House of representatives should have more power and to abolish to electoral college, but Cartman as president keeps saying. "respect my authorita"

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Escape From Noise posted:

Just a couple of real tough SOBs talkin' about real life tough guy Donald J. Trump!

"The Tucker Carlson Encounter" sounds like some kind of sexual assault simulator.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

"The Tucker Carlson Encounter" sounds like some kind of sexual assault simulator.

Tanned balls are included.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt Tuck in the Swanson tv dinner family and therefore megafoodcorp money rich?

why cant he have a normal desk and a home studio like his old fox one?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

InsertPotPun posted:

as a very very white man in a very very blue collar job i talk to a LOT of trump voters, talk in quotes because trump voters fall into two camps:

the angry people that believe whatever they're told to
the clueless people that believe whatever they're told

you can't really talk to them but i, as a skilled employee with little to no fear of losing their job i can, and do, try to engage these people in low key conversations while i'm working

i can say, without a doubt, that this political fact WILL come up before the election. there are two scenarios:

"at least trump didn't start no wars!!" (the demographics of this "angry" group are old white men, clearly mentally unwell people, and skinny tweakers)
i will gently push back with facts
they will angrily deny the truth straight out. "fake news" or "no it's not". they just will not engage with the truth. i've had people refuse to look at news site on my phone.

"but trump didn't start no wars!" (the oddly smug demographic for the "clueless" group are usually very large men and grandmas)
i will gently push back with facts
"oh? huh." *silence* or a mumbled "i don't talk about politics" (i have NEVER started a conversation about politics) i used to take this silence as them thinking about the issue but now i realize they were just justifying their vote using this flimsy pretext and will just slide over to another flimsy pretext

this poo poo is why i'm a "doomer", or "pessimist" as loving adults say, i see this poo poo every day and have for twenty years. i had to stop reading the political cartoon thread because people repeat that poo poo. the dumbest, lowest hanging loving stupid drivel i have heard from people's mouths. did you know trump is one of the most successful people in america? or that he donated every dollar of what he made as president to america? or that he's "never taken a tax cut"?? I KNOW IT because dozens of people inform me all the time. i have had multiple people on multiple days tell me the same "fact" multiple times. did you know hilary never went to 9/11 but trump was there every day?"
oh do you have evidence that any of that isn't true?
no you don't.
i don't talk about politics.

i will say one of the very best times was when me and a drat near 90 year old vietnam vet lutheran church worker hugged it out over abortion.
we had absolutely opposite opinions on the subject. 100% complete and total disagreement on every issue but one: it's not the government's loving business. not state, not federal, not any. that was awesome

so, to sum up, that's who the information is for: people who it will be absolute fact for, and people who it will be a positive fact but not really change their mind if it isn't

"i will vote for trump 100% because of this fact!"
"it's not true"
"i will still be voting for trump 100%"

Yeah these people are beyond saving and not worth reasoning with. They are morons who derive emotional support and satisfaction from Trump because he’s a bully and they like feeling powerful and spiteful without repercussions. That’s also why they hate any kind of limitation or slight rebuke on Trump; it cuts right to the heart of their power fantasy and feels like an attack on them. There’s a reason these guys all look like greasy, unlovable fat fuxks: they are. That’s why they’ve latched onto the Uber Useless Brokebrain Narcissist as their spirit animal. If you ever get them drunk and talk politics it all degenerates into the talking points of right wing facebook memes: Kamala Harris only got there by sleeping her way to the top; Michelle Obama is a man; Obama is gay; Biden is braindead/bought by china. It doesn’t make sense but it’s how they conceive of the world and they can justify feeling better about themselves because the bad guys “hate America” and they don’t.

The reason I’m not a doomer about it is because I think they only make up like 30-40% of the population.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

PhazonLink posted:

isnt Tuck in the Swanson tv dinner family and therefore megafoodcorp money rich?

All that money, and using cheap office chairs for that fancy table in front of an empty gumball machine. Shameful.

e: maybe it's a lantern. either way: buy some taste with all that money.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1746621767030812834

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

poisonpill posted:

It doesn’t make sense but it’s how they conceive of the world and they can justify feeling better about themselves because the bad guys “hate America” and they don’t.

I'm fine with being the bad guy if that's their criteria, then. gently caress 'em. Go worship the walking overcooked ham. Blind nationalism pisses me off.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/PokerPolitics/status/1746583237877473632

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Wet Floor is actually code for a critical diarrhea overflow

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

poisonpill posted:

The reason I’m not a doomer about it is because I think they only make up like 30-40% of the population.

They do. Unfortunately the EC means those votes are worth a poo poo ton more that the other 60-70%

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Stoatbringer posted:

Do prayers on twitter work?
As well as any.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost

The man behind him is reaching for a handkerchief to cover his face from the "TRUMP" "ODOR".

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
ah yes that guy reaching into his coat , thats an antifa rear end.

also a failed rear end attempt that hasnt been reported on in the hours or days since the pic was posted??

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
poo poo we lost Burgum

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1746622972817776978

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Escape From Noise posted:

Just a couple of real tough SOBs talkin' about real life tough guy Donald J. Trump!

just a reminder kid rock grew up extremely rich and tries to portray himself as some "pulled himself by the bootstraps" common man when he has absolutely nothing in common with them.

i mean for fucks sake his last name is "ritchie"

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
why do all these deep state people behind all the conspiracies keep dropping all these gigantic hints everywhere about what they're doing? I'd simply not tell anyone anything about my advanced weather control machine assassination plot to rig the election. So simple. You'd never know if I had such a machine over Iowa right now. Buncha amateurs

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

PhazonLink posted:

Well, Tucker is the stepson of the heir of the Swanson frozen dinner empire because Tucker's birth mother almost immediately left his father after Tucker was born. Tucker's grandfather made an even more grand exit.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the Taliban regaining control of Afghanistan was inevitable. We could stay there for the next 50 years and that wouldn’t change

Oh, no doubt that was the end result of our involvement there, Trump releasing the people who led the takeover after we withdrew would have been an amazing self own if he had won a second term. Instead he lost and everyone blames Biden for the Afghanistan withdrawal which he had delayed in order to make it less of a clusterfuck.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Blinky and Hutch are still in it
https://www.politico.com/interactives/2023/republican-candidates-2024-gop-presidential-hopefuls-list/

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1746625884830740802

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1746620150516789392

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

who?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Wet floor

Wet Diap

President LOL

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Burgum nab it!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Strong Sauce posted:

just a reminder kid rock grew up extremely rich and tries to portray himself as some "pulled himself by the bootstraps" common man when he has absolutely nothing in common with them.

i mean for fucks sake his last name is "ritchie"

He grew up in loving Romeo Michigan in a God drat mansion, claims he's hard and lived in Detroit, gently caress that piece of poo poo con artist so hard

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

He sounds loving awful

Like holy poo poo he's not going to make it to Summer at this rate

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Roundup Ready posted:

They do. Unfortunately the EC means those votes are worth a poo poo ton more that the other 60-70%

lol that’s true

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Trump Caucus Captain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

PhazonLink posted:

ah yes that guy reaching into his coat , thats an antifa rear end.

also a failed rear end attempt that hasnt been reported on in the hours or days since the pic was posted??

No need, Trump personally did a flying roundhouse kick and sent the guy flying into the waiting secret service van and got a standing ovation from everyone, with tears in their eyes.
Weren’t you even watching?