Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Well shucks then call me Troy McClure because I’m hornery for Fisch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Edna Mode posted:

The feelings of betrayal and misery caused by your coach leaving can only be alleviated by doing it to another team's fanbase.

well arizona doesn't have much of a fanbase per se,

(sorry rick)

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
incredibly dirty to gently caress over UA like this right after your coach got poached, but i suppose that's how poo poo works now

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

*has always worked since college football began

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Relentlessboredomm posted:

incredibly dirty to gently caress over UA like this right after your coach got poached, but i suppose that's how poo poo works now

Saban is causing the most enormous domino effect. He still reigns supreme over CFB even after he retired.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Are they supposed to not hire a coach?

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

It's the name of the game unless you want to be fired as AD but yeah poaching another coach feels bad

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Noah Fifita will be the most valuable player in the portal in about 48 hours. Right behind him will be Tetairoa McMillan.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

Thank god, we are losing so many pass catchers to the draft. JaTavion Sanders, AD Mitchell, Xavier Worthy, Jordan Whittington. It's probably like 90% of our receiving yards in the NFL Draft.

It still stings a little that we had 4 snaps from inside the 15 with this receiving corps with a trip to the NCG on the line and we couldn’t make it happen

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

??? now ???

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

If Washington is smart, they will put in a gigantic buyout clause for Fisch to leave for another college job like Oregon did with Dan Lanning since Jedd Fisch's alma mater might open next year.

I personally hope they don't do this, because unless Napier gets it together next year, the alternative is Florida HC Glenn Schumann in 2025. I do not want that poo poo.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Saban is causing the most enormous domino effect. He still reigns supreme over CFB even after he retired.

haha true

Metapod posted:

Are they supposed to not hire a coach?

Oh yea this has been a thing for awhile, it feels extra bad when you poach from teams who just turned around like UW and UA. When it's teams that have been consistently good and the coach has been there longer I don't think it hurts quite as much. For sure Fisch isn't gonna stay at UA longer than another 1-2 years, but absolutely brutal for them to have 1 good season for the first time in ages and immediately lose that guy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/byazuniga/status/1746596664284946794?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

https://x.com/byazuniga/status/1746602141664391448?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Declan MacManus posted:

well arizona doesn't have much of a fanbase per se,

(sorry rick)

It's fine. It's at least true for football.

I can't be too mad at him if he takes the job, it's a better one and there's never going to be a way that Arizona competes the same as Washington from an NIL perspective. Although it sucks that it is going to happen before they could lock the big buyout in this offseason.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Remember when Tommy Tuberville climbed out of a bathroom window in the middle of recruiting a kid to Texas Tech so he could take the Cincy job?

That was 2012.

"Now." LOL.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Don’t worry UF is going to take him in a couple years.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Lot of smoke around Fisch sorry Arizona bros

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Don’t worry UF is going to take him in a couple years.

After ya'll get and fire Napier's replacement?

Sidenote, Napier is absolutely getting fired next year, the UF schedule is brutal:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

It still stings a little that we had 4 snaps from inside the 15 with this receiving corps with a trip to the NCG on the line and we couldn’t make it happen

We didn't deserve that win, so it stung less, but I did watch that whole NCG going "goddamn, we would have matched up really well against Michigan".

It woulda been highway robbery if we'd gotten that last-second TD, buttttttttttttttttt pretty good shot at a national title if we had

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

there it is, RIP Arizona fans

https://x.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1746656033785647266?s=20

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Arizona has always been the home of has beens or never was. They wil be fine

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I legit forgot that Arizona is where they sent Rich Rod and Kevin Sumlin

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

That seems like the best hire Washington could make

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

yea that's a legit good hire for Washington. That roster is still brutal for next year but now maybe it's only a rough 1st year instead of an entire roster collapse

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Fluffdaddy posted:

I legit forgot that Arizona is where they sent Rich Rod and Kevin Sumlin

i remember rich rod having a couple good years there that intersected with the brady hoke implosion at michigan and people saying michigan made a mistake firing him lol
extremely dark times they were

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is a really lovely way to phrase this. It's "not a priority" because the entire school is broke. Sorry paying the football coach was something they left to the end of the month when students may not be able to take classes and literally hundreds of people are going to lose their jobs. loving rear end in a top hat.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Warbird posted:

Well come on now, Nick isn’t retiring again so out with it. Gimmie them deets.

I'm gonna need some time to put a post together. I don't have one ready to go at the moment and there are some background details that I feel like are kinda important to get the full picture on what went down.

The short version is that Scott Hanna (the previous director) was not let go as part of a ham-fisted PR move by the music school; he actually did something bad enough to get fired for-cause. However the music school let him resign instead because what he (allegedly) did was so heinous that it would've torpedoed both parties' reputations if it was made public.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 14, 2024

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Not hiring Grubb is going to look like a really dumb move. Especially when Fisch bolts next year to replace dogshit Billy Napier.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

clean ayers act posted:

i remember rich rod having a couple good years there that intersected with the brady hoke implosion at michigan and people saying michigan made a mistake firing him lol
extremely dark times they were

He was generally really good with Arizona. He was fired for enabling sex pests not being bad at football coaching.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

After ya'll get and fire Napier's replacement?

Sidenote, Napier is absolutely getting fired next year, the UF schedule is brutal:

drat. Five wins’d be an optimistic prediction looking at that.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Truther Vandross posted:

Not hiring Grubb is going to look like a really dumb move. Especially when Fisch bolts next year to replace dogshit Billy Napier.

It's extremely short sighted from the administration, yeah. We're gonna go through this again and even if Grubb's name stays hot we burned that bridge not giving him the job now.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You guys know people don't just automatically leave for their alma mater every time it opens right?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Rick posted:

This is a really lovely way to phrase this. It's "not a priority" because the entire school is broke. Sorry paying the football coach was something they left to the end of the month when students may not be able to take classes and literally hundreds of people are going to lose their jobs. loving rear end in a top hat.

yea that was loving gross, the school's broke right now.

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

drat. Five wins’d be an optimistic prediction looking at that.

whatever they're at when they start that final stretch of games beginning with UGA is what they're getting for the whole season.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

The shots of Pike Place Market and Fisch puns are going to be out of control next season.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Manoueverable posted:

It's extremely short sighted from the administration, yeah. We're gonna go through this again and even if Grubb's name stays hot we burned that bridge not giving him the job now.

Did Grubb even want the job? He's followed deboer for years.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

EmbryoSteve posted:

Did Grubb even want the job? He's followed deboer for years.

He made a post yesterday implying he went for it and got denied

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

You guys know people don't just automatically leave for their alma mater every time it opens right?

I’d always heard that was his dream job so who knows

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also he’s a dude from New Jersey who has never spent a minute at Florida without Spurrier being there. Seems like a stretch to say he’s a lock

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Remembering when people thought Mark Dantonio would leave for South Carolina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Edna Mode posted:

The shots of Pike Place Market and Fisch puns are going to be out of control next season.

That's what I call a FISCH MARKET! :dadjoke: