Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

happyhippy posted:

I'm surprised that there is still so much blue.

Part of it is just there's a lot of large rural constituencies that vote Tory.

Am pretty appalled Scotland isn't forecast to get back to a '97 level of Tory MPs. Shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I love how it's a sweeping defeat and the map is still half blue.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Mebh posted:

I love how it's a sweeping defeat and the map is still half blue.

I quite like that visualisation which shows each constituency as an equal-size hexagon, arranged such that it still makes the shape of Britain

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
me too, reminds me of blockbusters :)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*starmer privatizing out contracts for shipping reprisals* What letter of marque are we starting with, please?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

So the government has been advertising its guidance on XL Bullies in the leadup to the ban, and surprise surprise, it's completely vague and includes 3 completely unhelpful images at the bottom.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/official-definition-of-an-xl-bully-dog/official-definition-of-an-xl-bully-dog

Those are staffies! They look exactly like staffies, particularly the second one, and the 3rd one is the only one that looks even slightly like an XL bully.

The guidance and the advice all concerns what to do if you know you have a bully, but there is zero guidance for what to do if your dog is not a bully, but is tall enough to hit the height qualification - which is basically the only objective measurement in the new standard.

Oh, and it costs 90 quid to apply for a certificate of exemption, but you can only get one if your dog is an XL breed. If your dog might fit that criteria, it doesn't look like there's any way to preemptively exempt it.

In response to the criteria and the cost of the certificates, there's been a huge upsurge in people abandoning staffies and bulky breeds.

Tw for extreme animal cruelty: Apparently XL breeders have been burning the dogs in protest, and a bully was found with its legs tied together having been mutilated to death, but the only source I can find for that is the scum, so take with a pinch of salt.

I know I've said about this before when the criteria was first announced, but especially with the pictures it's loving useless and is actively endangering a whole bunch of other dogs covered by its vagueness.
These dogs are XL BULLYS, like the kind that used to beat you up in the schoolyard, but American and also dogs instead of humans! And the bastards that are breeding these monsters are setting them on fire! Will this madness never end!?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Luciana Berger should start making parachutes because it's a guaranteed safe landing no matter how loving incompetent or callous you are. gently caress off back to Liverpool. How long before she joins the Greens?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

This is what my riding instructor's XL Bully puppy looks like. (She didn't want an XL bully, but her now Ex-boyfriend said to her, "I'd like a large dog", and she said yes, expecting a labrador or a spaniel - something potentially useful that could happily exist in a farm/riding school environment where there will be kids running about (like her existing dog, a little terrier cross thing that's an amazing ratter) - boyfriend of the year comes back with Bruce and promptly expects her to do all the dog maintenance and training. The ban was already on the horizon when he decided to get the dog.)

Poor thing can't even be let loose in the arena because it would need stock fencing added to its existing fencing to stop him getting out.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jan 15, 2024

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It does seem weird to specifically want a roided out staffie.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Tories facing 1997 style wipeout, government will be 1997 style Tory lite for the next 2.6 parliaments instead.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 15, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Calling them steroid staffies in the media would at least be more fun than calling them excel bullies.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Guavanaut posted:

Calling them steroid staffies in the media would at least be more fun than calling them excel bullies.

emptyquote

Mebh
May 10, 2010

An excel bully is when your coworker deletes your conditional formatting.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Mebh posted:

An excel bully is when your coworker deletes your conditional formatting.

Screams in complex excel management.
Touch my formulas and I will cut you.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Roid rovers

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Grey Hunter posted:

Screams in complex excel management.
Touch my formulas and I will cut you.

*Merges cells*

"Please copy and paste the data into a new blank worksheet, thank you :troll:"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It does own how there's half the landmass of this country that's tory no matter what because the only people who live there are racist paedophiles and a handful of ordinary people who move to London as soon as they're old enough to escape.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Excel bully

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

TABLES!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

It suddenly makes sense that the shared UK trauma isn't Hitler, or Thatcher, it's Excel.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1603280657504927751

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Tesseraction posted:

It does own how there's half the landmass of this country that's tory no matter what because the only people who live there are racist paedophiles and a handful of ordinary people who move to London as soon as they're old enough to escape.

This view explains a lot about your thinking.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Update on my colleague (you know you want it), he ended up being in on Monday, home half ten on Tuesday, WFH Wednesday, then Thursday/Friday as emergency holiday after I spoke to him on Wednesday evening to confirm he would definitely be in as I was driving 100mi each way to the office, for a meeting to help him catch up. He’s not apologised although he did have the decency to look somewhat embarrassed when he said “no updates from me” in our accounts review just now. He thanked me for picking up a meeting on Friday and I said I didn’t, the client called to say no-one was there and it’s rescheduled for me to squeeze it in tomorrow. Colleague looked like he was going to pass out or throw up or both, so he’s definitely got some severe anxiety, or is incredibly good at faking it. Still sympathetic, still supportive, still pissed off.

Edit: the “very surprising” email he sent the boss a week ago accuses the business of being unsupportive, unsympathetic and causing his anxiety, in a somewhat circular argument. It threatens further steps if further steps aren’t taken. It’s not very well written but our HR company say it needs to be taken seriously. It is by all accounts a massive escalation, also ballache.

Sanford fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 15, 2024

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
As long as you keep popping in with these derails, the thread is never gonna get back to crispchat

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Failed Imagineer posted:

As long as you keep popping in with these derails, the thread is never gonna get back to crispchat

Sorry. Have you noticed how curly salt and vinegar Squares are these days? Not a flat one in there. Like eating a bag of damned Quavers!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Sanford posted:

He thanked me for picking up a meeting on Friday and I said I didn’t, the client called to say no-one was there and it’s rescheduled for me to squeeze it in tomorrow. Colleague looked like he was going to pass out or throw up or both, so he’s definitely got some severe anxiety, or is incredibly good at faking it.

Sounds like the CEO will be getting another complaint about you in the near future, claiming you deliberately humiliated him in a meeting.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Sanford posted:

Update on my colleague (you know you want it)...

... He thanked me for picking up a meeting on Friday and I said I didn’t, the client called to say no-one was there and it’s rescheduled for me to squeeze it in tomorrow.

This is the kind of stuff that's gonna have the biggest impact I think.
You might be able to try and pick up the slack, but long term a lot of clients might start looking to go elsewhere if this continues

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Pistol_Pete posted:

Sounds like the CEO will be getting another complaint about you in the near future, claiming you deliberately humiliated him in a meeting.

There was only me and him there so whatever. I did say that he knows if he gives me a heads up I’ll catch these things for him, which he acknowledged. I’ve just found out that the boss thinks he was in Spain when he should have been back at work on the 2nd “but there’s no way to prove it.” Thanks 68 year old man, we’ll be the judge of that. Hopefully this will move things along more quickly.

VVV
Fair one, I originally posted here looking for advice on the anxiety angle, which I knew I would find here. Won’t mention it again.
VVV

Sanford fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jan 15, 2024

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i'd just like to say idgaf about your work politics, sanford

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GBNewsSpin/status/1746678494115799550

:allears:

e: I enjoy your posts Sanford :justpost:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jan 15, 2024

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I love Sanford's office drama updates, don't you dare stop

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Trying to tempt Nige back perhaps?

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
More work chat
More boat chat
More stupid poo poo from twitter
More circular firing squads
:justpost:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Sanford posted:

he did have the decency to look somewhat embarrassed

looked like he was going to pass out or throw up or both, so he’s definitely got some severe anxiety, or is incredibly good at faking it.

Still sympathetic, still supportive,

Sanford posted:

“but there’s no way to prove it.” Thanks 68 year old man, we’ll be the judge of that. Hopefully this will move things along more quickly.

Charming

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

In between those two posts I learned he was in loving Spain while I was doing his job! Let’s draw a line under it here, thanks.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
There's a part of me that wants to see a Spring GE so we can finally get rid of the current GOV but the part of me is why such a hurry to see Keith get into no10 and do absolutely shite all.

Country is always going to be a burning trash heap no matter who is pretending to run things.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I am interested in the office posts Sanford keep those bad boys coming.

what can I say I’m a messy bitch who loves drama

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1746844844788527613

The rebels will definitely rebel this time... honest....

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Sanford posted:

Update on my colleague ..... It is by all accounts a massive escalation, also ballache.

Keep us updated as you can. :suspense:

And keep yourself safe from this shitstorm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ronnie posted:

There's a part of me that wants to see a Spring GE so we can finally get rid of the current GOV but the part of me is why such a hurry to see Keith get into no10 and do absolutely shite all.

Country is always going to be a burning trash heap no matter who is pretending to run things.

That's assuming it is Keith who gets in, with the way the press is revving up the character assassination it might be... :shudders: Wes? :retches: Reeves? :gazes at ceiling with empty bleeding eyesockets: Blair?