Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pershing posted:

Never been to my Co on a Saturday, had to go in to exchange my battery....literally every space was full.

But they had cookies!

The trick is to go to one that has -20° weather. Nearly got frost bite jumping my car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

That cookie might be good, but there is no way I would eat that without milk to drink with it. Which I don't think the food court will ever sell.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

binge crotching posted:

Safeway/Alberstons, which will soon be Kroger if the purchase goes through. I'd still rather shop Kroger instead of Walmart. Walmart is an actively evil company that delights in the suffering of their employees, while Kroger, et al. are more indifferent to it. Still lovely companies, but better than the alternative.

And yes, I have the luxury of having a couple dozen grocery stores within 30 minutes (and two Costcos), while the nearest Walmart is about 40 minutes away. It's a lot easier for me to never give them money vs someone living in a food desert.

lol safeway/albertsons is hell to employees in non-unionized stores, same with kroger. avoiding walmart to go to safeway/albertsons/kroger/etc is like a litmus test of "lol libs" stereotype.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Celexi posted:

lol safeway/albertsons is hell to employees in non-unionized stores, same with kroger. avoiding walmart to go to safeway/albertsons/kroger/etc is like a litmus test of "lol libs" stereotype.

It’s called slaveway for a reason.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Quixzlizx posted:

As someone with GERD, the amount of butter and chocolate in that cookie would probably cause my digestive tract to dissolve like I'm the wicked witch of the west.

that which can be destroyed by the truth cookie should be.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That cookie might be good, but there is no way I would eat that without milk to drink with it. Which I don't think the food court will ever sell.

im thinking about getting the cookie and also a cup of the strawberry ice cream :thunk:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Just go into the warehouse, buy a bulk container of milk and share it with everyone else in the food court. Next time, someone else is obligated to cover you.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Gotta go to the ‘co today. Anticipating an empty store because it’s -6 outside. Really hoping they’re giving the door checkers space heaters or something!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Celexi posted:

They are 100% union, at least here in the Seattle area.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I know the guy who created the formula for the spiced rum, he said they were told to match the Sailor Jerry flavor fwiw. I think they also do the gin. It's a flavor house that does a lot of work with the alcohol industry.

binge crotching posted:

Issaquah has the scanner, it's weird

I mean, this doesn't surprise me that they have it, since it's the "HQ" store. I haven't been to my regular churches since before Christmas (Sodo, Shoreline) so I'm not sure if it's at others around here yet.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Raluek posted:

that which can be destroyed by the truth cookie should be.

im thinking about getting the cookie and also a cup of the strawberry ice cream :thunk:

I should get a gallon of milk, then get the cookie, then sit in a corner of the food court methodically eating the cookie and taking pulls off the gallon of milk straight from the bottle, all while maintaining unbroken eye contact with the staff.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

You could make 16 glasses of milk at .50c each and sell to other cookie early adopters while they figure out the concept of bagged milk

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Got the vanilla birthday cake with the cheesecake mousse filling for the kiddos first birthday party and it was a huge hit with everyone. 16.99 and it was probably a bit higher quality than what the supermarket had for $40. PBUC

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I should get a gallon of milk, then get the cookie, then sit in a corner of the food court methodically eating the cookie and taking pulls off the gallon of milk straight from the bottle, all while maintaining unbroken eye contact with the staff.

"i can't believe this guy, he's been here since opening and we're about to close! I can't even tell if that's the same cookie or the same gallon of milk!"

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I know the guy who created the formula for the spiced rum, he said they were told to match the Sailor Jerry flavor fwiw. I think they also do the gin. It's a flavor house that does a lot of work with the alcohol industry.

Unless that formula changed, I don't think he nailed it.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Alucard posted:

Just go into the warehouse, buy a bulk container of milk and share it with everyone else in the food court. Next time, someone else is obligated to cover you.
Group buy that gallon.
Standing on a flat cart in the middle of the food court, loudhailer in hand:
"Who wants some milk? Toss a quarter in the hat, and I'll run grab a jug."

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tell him bird with big dick says he’s loving terrible at his job.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

CitizenKain posted:

Unless that formula changed, I don't think he nailed it.

I honestly have never tried it, since spiced rum in general tastes too much like college to me. He also did the Rumchata formula.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

binge crotching posted:

They are 100% union, at least here in the Seattle area.

in seattle they are, in SF too, but in most other california they're not, idk about rest of wa

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I suppose I should say something. I like the ham cheese croissant things in the freezer section.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 15, 2024

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

I mean, this doesn't surprise me that they have it, since it's the "HQ" store. I haven't been to my regular churches since before Christmas (Sodo, Shoreline) so I'm not sure if it's at others around here yet.

I was at the Shoreline one today and they recommended I get my membership card replaced since my picture had completely faded they were supposed to be getting them soon

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Is church open tomorrow?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

B33rChiller posted:

Group buy that gallon.
Standing on a flat cart in the middle of the food court, loudhailer in hand:
"Who wants some milk? Toss a quarter in the hat, and I'll run grab a jug."

It’s sold in packages of two gallons. Are you actually a member?

TurdBurgles
Sep 17, 2007

I AM WHITE AND PLAY NA FLUTE ON TRIBAL LANDS WITH NO GUILT.
Cookie report: served warmed enough for runny chocolate, split 6 ways and still had happy kids. It was salty as hell though, everyone got a glass of water when we got back

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Dr Tran posted:

Is church open tomorrow?

It is.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

TurdBurgles posted:

Cookie report: served warmed enough for runny chocolate, split 6 ways and still had happy kids. It was salty as hell though, everyone got a glass of water when we got back

See? This is why milk is obligatory.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

TurdBurgles posted:

which section did you the glassware from

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Wayne Knight posted:

It’s sold in packages of two gallons. Are you actually a member?

My location sells them by single gallon but now that you mention the two gallon I remember the plastic thing they used to have to keep the gallons together.

I also went to Costco this Saturday and what a rookie move. I said to myself, "I'll go one hour before closing, there will be less people there." Yeah me and everyone else in the county had the same idea it was a mad house. Then in an even more rookie move, I ordered from the food court. Those are hardest working people I see at Costco but the way they handle a rush at my location is so inefficient but them poor people were slammed.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

google says my co food court is open at 9am

would it be weird if i went just for a hot dog and slice

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

Absolutely not!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

yes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

hell yeah

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Alan Smithee posted:

I've seen animals mainlining poutines at 9 30a at the local costing co

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i wish our costco had poutine

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Raluek posted:

Did this with my wife and kid (1 cookie + strawberry sundae for all 3 of us) the other day. Really good. The cookie is great to split - since it’s so huge, the inner part is super soft and gooey but the edges are crisp. It meant that everyone got their preference of cookie doneness. Way too much for 1 person though.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Slotducks posted:

I've seen animals mainlining poutines at 9 30a at the local costing co

feeling targeted right now

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I tried the food court poutine when I visited Vancouver BC. It was good but there’s no way I could finish it, it’s like 1,500 calories. That’s definitely something you share.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I tried the food court poutine when I visited Vancouver BC. It was good but there’s no way I could finish it, it’s like 1,500 calories. That’s definitely something you share.

Isn’t a normal meal about 1500 calories?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

pencilhands posted:

:goonsay:

quote:

To achieve or maintain a healthy body weight, balance the number of calories you eat and drink with the number of calories your body uses. 2,000 calories a day is used as a general guide for nutrition advice.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

They only eat 1 and 1/3 time a day is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

pencilhands posted:

If you’re dieting maybe, my normal meals run about 2500.