Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I just hope Fisch keeps the UW line coach, Huff? I think his name is. Good oline makes for good football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

EmbryoSteve posted:

I just hope Fisch keeps the UW line coach, Huff? I think his name is. Good oline makes for good football

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Huff is going to Bama.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Manoueverable posted:

Our last WR who had any solid production is in the portal now as well, that's almost literally our entire two-deep that won't be back next season. Good lord, Fisch will have to do a hell of a job just to get us to .500.

Remember who entered the Portal when DeBoner showed up? Rome and McMillan. It’s what you do when a new coach shows up because you CAN. Not worried.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tulane may be having their best offseason ever. Jon Sumrall owns.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Would you even need an apartment? Just haunt the training facility. Crash on the couch in your office, crash on that one assistant's couch in their office. Back hurts? Sleep on one of the trainer's massage couches.

Extended Stay America for you. Only like $40k a year! That's low enough that you could probably get the team to pay for it!

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I don't understand why Fisch didn't just wait a year for the Florida job to open up? Most of his starting group was coming back this year, so he would most likely have a better season than last year which would drive his stock even higher. I heard Florida was his "dream" job

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1747048564906438718
Lol

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Cthulu Carl posted:

Remember when Tommy Tuberville climbed out of a bathroom window in the middle of recruiting a kid to Texas Tech so he could take the Cincy job?

That was 2012.

"Now." LOL.

Still the funniest recruiting story I can remember

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
https://x.com/nicoleauerbach/status/1746948884901892551?s=46

Ole Miss and Texas A&M fans everywhere dying of laughter.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

Still the funniest recruiting story I can remember

Gold Trans Am is another classic of the genre

Stunt Rock posted:

Oh I cannot wait to hear Godfrey on this one

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Stunt Rock posted:

Thank you Ohio State for not taking any serious candidates off the board for Florida's AD search this fall!

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

What makes anyone think Ohio State is miraculously going to turn a corner offensively and be a number one team?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I think that's less unreasonable than two G5 teams getting into the playoffs while Alabama or Penn State manage to not moonwalk into the last spot.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Wild they have two G5s. I wish that could happen.

Also, Tulane is winning the AAC next season.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Komet posted:

What makes anyone think Ohio State is miraculously going to turn a corner offensively and be a number one team?

Outside of last year, they've had one of the best offenses in college football under Day?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

whos that broooown posted:

Outside of last year, they've had one of the best offenses in college football under Day?

Going back to Troy Smith, it's been a constant rotating door of Heisman level QBs every year at Ohio State, but I have seen little evidence so far that they'll get back on track as quickly as next year.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Komet posted:

Going back to Troy Smith, it's been a constant rotating door of Heisman level QBs every year at Ohio State, but I have seen little evidence so far that they'll get back on track as quickly as next year.

The transfer QB they added is pretty good and obviously experienced. Plus, ya know, the last 20 years of good QB play as you pointed out.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Offensive line is by far the biggest concern anyway.

Tagesreste
Jan 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Oregon vs FSU 2: Electric Boogaloo sounds like a fun matchup. I do not see FSU winning that game, but otherwise sounds fun.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Ohio State - Michigan at the Rose Bowl Game would be an actual sign that ESPN controls college football

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

DrunkPanda posted:

I don't understand why Fisch didn't just wait a year for the Florida job to open up? Most of his starting group was coming back this year, so he would most likely have a better season than last year which would drive his stock even higher. I heard Florida was his "dream" job

Is Florida a better job than Washington? I don't really think so anymore

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

EmbryoSteve posted:

It will always be a better job due to the in-state talent alone. The job is great. They just keep hiring idiots to do it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tagesreste posted:

Oregon vs FSU 2: Electric Boogaloo sounds like a fun matchup. I do not see FSU winning that game, but otherwise sounds fun.

:stare:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Is no one saying anything about K-State being #4 in that prediction list?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

this ole forum o mine

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Manoueverable posted:

I mean, with Texas and Oklahoma gone, it’s not the most far fetched thing ever.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

EmbryoSteve posted:

I think I actually said this verbatim upthread. Washington is a great job and has way more recent success across multiple coaches.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

2022 Big XII champ K-State? Surely they can rebound, and maybe only Utah seems like they can come into the conference in a position of strength.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Manoueverable posted:

Who else is gonna win the Big 12

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Tagesreste posted:

:catstare:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Rude

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

this is the worst graphic ive ever seen. why did they not just do the whole bracket. where are the 7, 9, 11 and 12 seeds

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Truther Vandross posted:

It will always be a better job due to the in-state talent alone. The job is great. They just keep hiring idiots to do it.

I'd almost consider them equals, but more a slight edge to Florida. The state does have more upside to it from a recruiting perspective, Florida's space in the SEC is more of a known quantity than where Washington will fit into the Big Ten, and "GATORS" seem to be more of a brand than the Huskies. If "which is better, Ohio State or Georgia" was a 50/50 "they're equally good jobs," I'd think of Washington and Florida like a 48/52.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

post hole digger posted:

this is the worst graphic ive ever seen. why did they not just do the whole bracket. where are the 7, 9, 11 and 12 seeds

So you click on the article to see #12 Liberty

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

For what it's worth there weren't many dudes left other than those guys, they already lost the DC and his assistant to Texas before Fisch left (and the defense turnaround was arguably the biggest factor in Arizona's turnaround last year), plus several other coaches left for other jobs. The guys who are left are legacy guys that he probably didn't pick in the first place.

Fisch could easily characterize it as him hopping off a ship that was already pretty much sunk from a staffing perspective. Arizona failing away from athletics to me is the greater cause of this.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

CloFan fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 16, 2024

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
loving. Goddamned. Sigh.

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1747096333075575117

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
KDB fucks another program huh? Two in one week maybe he'll go for the hat trick

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Smh, poor downtrodden Alabama has to resort to Indiana castoffs to fill out it's staff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Its been a funny couple weeks