Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

For 2024, normal people brackets have like an extra 3k deduction across the board.. Married filing joint, filing single etc.

For 2023, nothing I guess. I forgot what year changes are for.

Ah yeah if its for 2024 doesn't make much different on this years taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

notwithoutmyanus posted:

For 2024, normal people brackets have like an extra 3k deduction across the board.. Married filing joint, filing single etc.

For 2023, nothing I guess. I forgot what year changes are for.

So Trump will get the credit on that one lol

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm watching ABC and they're interviewing three minority Republicans in Iowa and they're saying that very little effort is being made to reach out to them and I'm just like :psyduck:

Still, it's pretty crazy they were able to interview all three of Iowa's minorities.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Did anyone freeze to death yet? :ohdear:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Trump got some state GOPs to changes rules - CA being the most impactful - to give all their delegates to anyone who gets past 50%. This was expressly to accelerate him winning the nomination before the criminal stuff really gets going.

If you get the nom in the bag before any convictions it 1) makes it a lot easier to sell that the prosecutions are political and 2) makes it much harder for the GOP establishment to ratfuck him.

Him coming in sub 50 in Iowa is dire for these plans. It's a lot easier to claim political persecution when you're the nominee. If you're still fighting for your life in a primary after losing the election, it looks a lot more like you're just a loving criminal and Biden doesn't care if you're on the ballot or not.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

It's also starting to look more likely that the Child Tax Credit will come back, albeit a watered down version.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Ah yeah if its for 2024 doesn't make much different on this years taxes.

Actually I re-read it's around a $1500 bump for 2023 and 2024. That's not exactly small.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

It's good for :lol: that's for sure. Trump shows he's the defacto choice, but that half the party doesn't want to vote for him (they still mostly will). Haley and DeSantis each get a chunk but are just proving weak support for both. Both have no reason to drop out as Haley remains the Not Trump option and DeSantis stays in as the What if Trump goes to Jail? Chud of last resort. Vivek has soaked as many libertarian and Musk bucks as he could but is going nowhere.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

vaginite posted:

Trump got some state GOPs to changes rules - CA being the most impactful - to give all their delegates to anyone who gets past 50%. This was expressly to accelerate him winning the nomination before the criminal stuff really gets going.

If you get the nom in the bag before any convictions it 1) makes it a lot easier to sell that the prosecutions are political and 2) makes it much harder for the GOP establishment to ratfuck him.

Him coming in sub 50 in Iowa is dire for these plans. It's a lot easier to claim political persecution when you're the nominee. If you're still fighting for your life in a primary after losing the election, it looks a lot more like you're just a loving criminal and Biden doesn't care if you're on the ballot or not.

That's what I read from this too

Trump needed a blow out: his opponents got fairly good showings and breathing room in his friendliest state arguably

Pyrhic Victory in the worst way

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yes, a shameful display

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kazil posted:

some polls have Haley withing single digit percentages behind Trump in NH

If she can win NH that would be when pundits start chatting about the electable of trump right?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/SamanthaJoRoth/status/1747079780472688842

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Remember: Trump HEAVILY campaigned in Iowa, hell wasted ad space and rally time in Iowa, as his funds dissapear in fines and legal bills like a puff of smoke

And he got a resounding "Eh"

That's an :lol:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1747083411049545831

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

He sorta has a point.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

He is such a baby whiny bitch lmao

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Lmao :balldo:

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

CitizenKain posted:

5 people voted for Asa Hutchinson.

Asa Hutchinson
Bsa Hutchinson
Csa Hutchinson
Dsa Hutchinson
Donald Trump Jr

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

He got sub 50% and this looms over him like the Sword of Damocles

He's hosed

NH is going to be funny lmao

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

TulliusCicero posted:

That's what I read from this too

Trump needed a blow out: his opponents got fairly good showings and breathing room in his friendliest state arguably

Pyrhic Victory in the worst way

It's also a relief to see Trump's support among our wonderful GOP countrymen isn't nearly as strong as he's claiming. The right wing echo chamber has been the only indication to gauge his support since 2020. Now that pens are getting put to ballots, it looks like there's a lot of cracks in his support.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just in trump calling desantis running "election interference".

Edit: Important poll update:
Asa Hutchinson more has now more than doubled their vote count! Currently at 24(!!!) votes!
Correction: 25(!!!!) votes!

MAJOR CORRECTION: MORE THAN 6X THEIR COUNT TO 62(!!!!!!!!!!!) VOTES!!!!

IF THEY CONTINUE DOUBLING THEIR VOTE AT THIS SPEED THEY WILL OVER TAKE TRUMP IN APPROXIMATELY 21 MINUTES!!!!! (who ever they are)

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 16, 2024

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lol

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Lazyfire posted:

Vivek pissing loudly on a live mic during Alex Jones' return to Twitter is going to be one of those things we remember and laugh at every time he comes up.

Honestly, how often is that going to be? He's got the ghostfence to maintain.

Silly Burrito posted:

Grey Cat posted:

Hey we made a vaccine that increases your body's chance by 1000% to kill cancer before it's a problem.
Why didn't you guys make that 100 years ago? Seems suspicious!

We also made this vaccine that slows the aging process, you could live to be 500!
Pff, what a coincidence that everyone who ever died did so before the vaccine was invented.
We made a vax that lengthens your penis by 9 inches.

:thunk:

I don't think Grey Cat would be interested.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Deep thoughts by Bo Louden
so who is this dipshit.

Bo Louden. You really should read the posts you're replying to, I bet you feel real silly right now! :rolleyes:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
trump cannot lose today he put on so much extra orange

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

it kinda makes sense why he's attacking them so much. can't get over 50%... like a loser.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Looks like tons of votes finally coming in. Haley back in second place

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

If a challenge actually coalesced around Haley he might lose

These numbers are ROUGH

lmao RFK Jr. Will take more of his loons in a general

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

a third of the vote counted

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yates posted:

Asa Hutchinson
Bsa Hutchinson
Csa Hutchinson
Dsa Hutchinson
Donald Trump Jr

I am Basa Hutchinson

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat look at those nice squarish districts.

Iowa should be forced to have squiggle districts

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

The state is one giant farm. Of course it's all squares.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Agents are GO! posted:

I don't think Grey Cat would be interested.

No, but I will give someone else my mandated dose. Let's break some records, people.

Then again...

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Oh iowa.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

Gerrymandering calculated by the think tanks of the Lego Corporation

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grey Cat posted:

No, but I will give someone else my mandated dose. Let's break some records, people.

Then again...

How would a two foot long penis even work?

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

dr_rat posted:

Trumps at 50.4% at the moment, more then double the next candidate but still not a decisive win. Seems Ron and Nikki will probably be around for a while then.

back up to 52.7 with 39% in

lol low energy candidates

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

have they checked the caucus ballots for bamboo fibers yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

you'd think caucus style they'd wrap this poo poo up faster