Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh drat Edmonds almost broke that outside

e: ah hold anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

this is the funniest game ive ever watched

Sorry you missed the Chargers versus Raiders game earlier this season.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

triple sulk posted:

no, the flyers won and are in 2nd in the metro and are probably gonna make the playoffs in the first year of a rebuild

So a bad day for Pennsylvania besides eight square blocks of South Philly

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If you are Bill do you want the Cowboys, Eagles, or retirement lol

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

im just tuning in are there any funny pictures of sirriani

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Black Lighter posted:

lets go flyers baby love da flyers

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LMAO

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope they do the push tush 1 last time. for old times sake

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
lmfao and got the first anyways

close to it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How are the teams not in the playoffs worse than this

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

stuker posted:

im just tuning in are there any funny pictures of sirriani

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Hey while we're watching the Eagles' death throes here I just had a thought. What if kickoffs for safeties were reversed? In other words when you eat a safety the other team gets two points but they also have to kick it back to you? Would it mean a lot more intentional safeties? Would it be game-breaking?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this is the worst secondary of all time

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Nick Siriagonni

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
He ain’t fakin’ it, he bakin’ it

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Cheesecake Factory parking lot going to be :a2m:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Let's just go home here, there's nothing else to be done.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
So...are the Bucs decent or are the Eagles just that bad? I want the Lions to demolish the Bucs....

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tayter Swift posted:

Hey while we're watching the Eagles' death throes here I just had a thought. What if kickoffs for safeties were reversed? In other words when you eat a safety the other team gets two points but they also have to kick it back to you? Would it mean a lot more intentional safeties? Would it be game-breaking?

yes, if you were at 4th down anywhere outside of fg range you just run it back, safety, try again

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Let's just go home here, there's nothing else to be done.

Tampa Bay can run up the score

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Tayter Swift posted:

2 points for like 20 yards of field position seems like a bad trade unless you’re killing clock with a big lead

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Kalit posted:

So...are the Bucs decent or are the Eagles just that bad? I want the Lions to demolish the Bucs....

they're a 5 win team that lucked into 6 extra wins

Swiller of Beer
Jan 2, 2003
Cold Hearted S.O.B.
Soiled Meat

Cavauro posted:

i hope they do the push tush 1 last time. for old times sake

Eagles should run their offense out of the tush push formation for the rest of the game

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Field goal makes this game.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Kalit posted:

yes

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

We can pretty easily go week by week and show how lucky they've been. A lot of this is going off rough memory but it's close enough.

Week 1 @ Pats: W 25-20, NE hosed up a chance at the end I think?
Week 2 vs Vikings: W 34-28, again if I recall, Cousins hosed up a comeback opportunity
Week 3 @ TB: W 25-11, comfortable enough but TB really sucks
Week 4 vs Washington: W 34-31 in OT, Washington blew a shot to win in some fashion
Week 5 @ Rams: W 23-14, don't remember much about this one but it was close enough and they only scored 6 points in the second half
Week 6 @ Jets: L 20-14, lmao
Week 7 vs Dolphins: W 31-17, their only quality win
Week 8 @ Washington: W 38-31, should not have been this close and should not have given up 31 points
Week 9 vs Cowboys: W 28-23, had a chance to lose this one and I think Dak blew a shot to win?
Week 10: bye
Week 11 @ KC: W 21-17, the one receiver hosed up a perfect Mahomes bomb for a TD
Week 12 vs Bills: W 37-34 in OT, should have lost this one but again the QB did some dumb poo poo or something
Week 13 vs 49ers: L 42-19, got their poo poo kicked in after two good defensive drives and two offensive drives they hosed up which set the tone
Week 14 @ Cowboys: L 33-13, got their poo poo kicked in for a second week in a row

They very easily could have lost weeks 1, 2, 4, 9, 11, and 12 if one or two things went differently, be it a drop here or better clock management there. You could say that about a lot of football games, but it was consistently uncomfortable win after uncomfortable win all season, and even if that only happened in half their games, you're still looking at a 7-6 team that's outclassed by several other teams in the NFC. They have @ Seattle, vs. Giants, vs. Cardinals, @ Giants left, and are almost assuredly going to drop one of the two games against the Giants, and I wouldn't be shocked if they lost both and go 1-3 or 0-4 the rest of the way out.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Tayter Swift posted:

it'd be busted as gently caress. kneel 3 times and then run into the endzone and repeat ad naseum

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also the eagles coaching has been like this over the past decade. new coach comes in, they suddenly look revamped and amazing, then a year or two later, after all the assistants have been poached by other teams, the offense and defense deteriorate, the running game disappears, the defense gets soft, and the head coach gets fired

the process will keep repeating until the eagles manage to actually hold on to coaching talent. there's just too much turnover

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kalit posted:

the bucs are not great and will probably get stomped by detroit next week, but who knows!

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

triple sulk posted:

they're a 5 win team that lucked into 6 extra wins

Is that better or worse than the Lions? Honestly, I have no idea, even though the Lions have more wins overall :confused:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

in a BEST case scenario where like 3 games the eagles were handed on a silver platter were lost, they'd be an 8 win team

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalit posted:

The eagles are just that bad. The bucs are mid at best when the vibes are good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

emmitt smith's rushing record is finally getting the recognition it deserves throughout this one

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

gently caress the chiefs, cowboys and eagles

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
NFC Least

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

the bucs are not great and will probably get stomped by detroit next week, but who knows!

yep

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Black Lighter posted:

... and Delco!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Siriani will fail in to a new job, no worries.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The hell was Philly doing with their timeouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Kalit posted:

Is that better or worse than the Lions? Honestly, I have no idea, even though the Lions have more wins overall :confused:

The Lions are actually good at several things, the Eagles are good at 4th-and-1