Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

angry armadillo posted:

I left faction warfare and ended up in Brave. I've never lived in null before so I think at some point soon I will start to understand half of what you talk about ITT. Hurrah

There are some in BARVE leadership who genuinely believe that if the game's servers were better, they would have won Beeitnam and every time this came up when I was in BARVE I just rolled my eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

angry armadillo posted:

I left faction warfare and ended up in Brave. I've never lived in null before so I think at some point soon I will start to understand half of what you talk about ITT. Hurrah

why brave? now that theyre in imperium may aswell join waffe instead

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

There are some in BARVE leadership who genuinely believe that if the game's servers were better, they would have won Beeitnam and every time this came up when I was in BARVE I just rolled my eyes

Delta sqad won the war so hard that we reverse infiltrated brave's upper echelons multiple times on accident

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Dalmuti posted:

Delta sqad won the war so hard that we reverse infiltrated brave's upper echelons multiple times on accident

I think the posting would have been much better in BARVE had that happened

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

psilocybin laden posted:

watch out, they'll likely ban your account because companies really hate when people do that (companies are pieces of poo poo)

At this point I don't care. They have since come back saying that I bought alpha only (receipt proves that wrong) but have offered to refund me. I got the notice of the refund and the charge back from my bank at the same time. I hope they eat the charge back fees regardless the pricks.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

angry armadillo posted:

why on earth would you do this

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

eve. online.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Kaysette posted:

eve. online.

something that would cease to exist without fresh idiots, much like these forums

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
Brave is utter trash but they have some pretty cool new player resources

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

I read BARVE as something that sounds like a person vomiting.

Maybe that tells you something important, maybe not.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Stop boolying Brave. They're still trying to process being back in Querious.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I've got a question. I haven't played for almost 10 years so I forgot most everything about this game, but I have about 1bil Isk and 9 rifters in assets. If I wanted to get 4-5 buddies together for a little pirate crew to go do piracy, what would be some good ships to get my buddies into in order to make this happen?

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

50 pounds of bread posted:

I've got a question. I haven't played for almost 10 years so I forgot most everything about this game, but I have about 1bil Isk and 9 rifters in assets. If I wanted to get 4-5 buddies together for a little pirate crew to go do piracy, what would be some good ships to get my buddies into in order to make this happen?

Dessie gang can be done cheaply and with alpha clones.

Five Thrashers with points and webs are very fun. Then evolve to Kiki's.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Also, Skirmish Stabbers. Five stabbers. Or four with a logi scythe. Now that's a good and fun team.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

A Bad King posted:

Dessie gang can be done cheaply and with alpha clones.

Five Thrashers with points and webs are very fun. Then evolve to Kiki's.

What would you suggest for getting a dessie gang together?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

I read BARVE as something that sounds like a person vomiting.

Maybe that tells you something important, maybe not.

thats because thats what it was made for. brave + barf = barve

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

What would you suggest for getting a dessie gang together?

Friendship and an available/compatible time schedule between those friends.

Thrashers and other T1 destroyers fitted with meta mods will burn less than 5 mil each and move fast. Five will cost you less than a single fitted cruiser.

Meet up near a market hub (come south to Amarr!) and filament out! Die, reship, die again. Almost anything you kill will pay for your fleet with mods dropped. Pack a small bubble and sit at a drag bubble with some beers and dscan always up.

When you upgrade to cruisers, you can do ESS raids and really get the jimmies rustling.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i want to join alpha pirate crew

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Cactus Ghost posted:

i want to join alpha pirate crew

This is how goons met Eve, btw

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

A Bad King posted:

Thrashers and other T1 destroyers fitted with meta mods will burn less than 5 mil each and move fast. Five will cost you less than a single fitted cruiser.

All hail the thrasher.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

EVE Online btw, and we ain't kidding abut poo poo

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

I'll quote this one but I'm answering everyone at once

I went from amarr to hanging out with a small gang type corp (still in amarr) who wanted to go Angels when that was released so I did that... the problem was everyone went Angels so we had loads of blues. My small gang friends were going to go back to Amarr to create more reds at which point Fl33t tapped them up with the promise of "content" in the form of their freshly declared war on CVA

I couldn't bring myself to go with because Fl33t just feed on purpose in the name of keeping up appearances in front of the nerds on the eve discord and at the same time some amarrian friends said we are going to null but we need 20 people to get a corp.

Tl;Dr- despite everyone's clear surprise about joining Brave, I still felt its a better option than fl33t haha

So far I'm enjoying it. Brave do seem to be new bro focused, if I get bored and want to fly bigger ships I guess I'm already half way to delve

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
At least I get good fights from brave when I fly there solo in a moa/stabber/whatever. Other places just drop 30 redeemers on me

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

They got their asses handed to them in two supercap engagements but sure the third one will work out when the field is even less to their advantage.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I pointed out the layout of the Querns Hardpoint i.e. the i-Hub with a faction fortizar in bombing range and a keepstar in skynetting range, and the layout of the T5Z gate grid with it's four keepstars, one of which housed about four full supercarrier fleets, let alone titans, as well as the faction fortizar dyson sphere and yes, they were still convinced that with decent server weather they would have broken through that. They also conveniently ignored that in M2 round two with decent server weather there were enough heavy fighters around their in-cyno to melt a titan every twenty or so seconds, and even if they had got critical mass and organisation to start volleying our supers we would have taken more down between doomsday titans to break that critical mass needed to do said volleying. Just pure delusion from the top down

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
by the eula papi won

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

A technical victory, the best kind of victory

Phanes
Jul 31, 2022

windex posted:

We've actually spotted folks anchoring or with anchored structures in wormholes mostly within the sun collision bounding box before, there's usually a little section of the side of the structure they can get to docking range in, which they have bookmarked, but when they go off tether at the undock they go flying, and if you scan out the structure you can never get near it or often even on grid.

I actually talked to CCP about that. Its bannable. You can use the sun grid and moon grids for near invincible caps too. They wont declare the grids as exploits, because they don't want to add clipping to celestials for some reason.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
CCP should add clipping

to the brain stem of anyone that plays their lovely loving game in tyool 2024

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Phanes posted:

I actually talked to CCP about that. Its bannable. You can use the sun grid and moon grids for near invincible caps too. They wont declare the grids as exploits, because they don't want to add clipping to celestials for some reason.

could it mess with warping? like gate A and gate B have planet C between them?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Thunder Moose posted:

could it mess with warping? like gate A and gate B have planet C between them?

Probably, I've been decloaked while warping by planets before

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
I’m having fun with the bounty hunting system on Thunderdome. Wish they could add it back to Tranquility but all the null blobbers would complain about TiDi.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Did they rip that out? I remember how much of a big deal they made about that when they introduced the "new" version.

I also got a survey request from CCP today, asking my thoughts about designing and selling my own skins in game....

Good old :ccp:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I got that email despite not having had an active subscription on any of my accounts for two months

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008
HELLO GOOSEFLEET HOW ARE YOU
I am doing fine I hope you are too <3 <3 <3

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

I pointed out the layout of the Querns Hardpoint i.e. the i-Hub with a faction fortizar in bombing range and a keepstar in skynetting range, and the layout of the T5Z gate grid with it's four keepstars, one of which housed about four full supercarrier fleets, let alone titans, as well as the faction fortizar dyson sphere and yes, they were still convinced that with decent server weather they would have broken through that. They also conveniently ignored that in M2 round two with decent server weather there were enough heavy fighters around their in-cyno to melt a titan every twenty or so seconds, and even if they had got critical mass and organisation to start volleying our supers we would have taken more down between doomsday titans to break that critical mass needed to do said volleying. Just pure delusion from the top down

Also didn't help they were running away before winning actually important objectives among other baffling decisions. Like less than 10% on a jammer or an ansiblex, haven't even lost critical mass yet, and just, running. You can't win a war if you're afraid of losing ships.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

They could have rolled 1DQ the first week, but didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Wibla posted:

They could have rolled 1DQ the first week, but didn't.

They did leave Init as poor and bankrupt as Test though.

I think the two groups that really proved themselves were Dracarys and Frat. FRT for having somewhat competent leadership and managing to not take out war bonds to fund a super cap fleet that jumps to the wrong beacon after the rug pull retreat.

Dracarys for having sheer grit to hold on to their own space even though it’s overlooked and being infinitely more reputable than Siberian Squads and Ranger Regiment.