Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This is what I mean:

Yes it was cold, yes it was snowy, but Republicans WERE NOT enthused last night to vote Donny, and that's arguably one of his most favorable places, and he threw SO MUCH of his increasingly limited resources at it for a blowout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero posted:

This is what I mean:

Yes it was cold, yes it was snowy, but Republicans WERE NOT enthused last night to vote Donny, and that's arguably one of his most favorable places, and he threw SO MUCH of his increasingly limited resources at it for a blowout.

I'm seeing all these news sites saying Trump won the caucus in a record landslide and I'm like "he was president, he should have won it by way, way more than he did"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Not sure if I read it here or on WaPo, but exit polls indicate 60% of caucus voters last night don't think Biden won legitimately in 2020.

Which is a sobering number if anywhere close to accurate.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Like Trump ran like he was unopposed and anointed from God, and he got "eh"

Not participating in debates is stupid and short sighted. If Haley or Ron start actually attacking him they could start to make huge cracks.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Shats Basoon posted:

Casey’s is going to be the only spot in town in a lot of these places. Not just for restaurant choice either, sometimes it’ll be the only store in town period.

Thats fuckin bleak

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

I'm seeing all these news sites saying Trump won the caucus in a record landslide and I'm like "he was president, he should have won it by way, way more than he did"

Because the media wants Trump more than anyone regardless of reality, because they loving want money.

Trump is absolutely right corporate media is biased, in that it gives him every benefit possible because he's a spectacle that generates revenue.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If Donny shows up with a Cumberland Farms pizza in NH let me get ahead of the PR and tell you, their pizza sucks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

redshirt posted:

How the heck did DeSantis get elected Governor of Florida? I know Florida is Chud Central, but he seems to not have an instinctual political bone in his body. Did he face no competition in Florida? Was his opponent (Republican) that bad?

Beating the Dems, sure, but how did he get nominated?

Because he won the republican primary, FL’s governor elections are not lined up with presidential elections, FL is racist as gently caress and his first election was against a black man, and his second election was against a republican with a D next to his name.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

redshirt posted:

Not sure if I read it here or on WaPo, but exit polls indicate 60% of caucus voters last night don't think Biden won legitimately in 2020.

Something like 67% said they would vote for Trump if he was convicted. Now, that number is huge and sucks poo poo, but Trump absolutely cannot afford to lose 1/3 of the Republican vote.

also, he big mad

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

redshirt posted:

It's 60% of the 4% of registered GOP voters that actually showed up to vote in the primary last night.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Accipiter posted:

This is literally how it's always worked in all modern elections. Once someone is mathematically the winner, the race is called.

DeSantis complaining about this is like being totally new to any election in his lifetime.

In some jurisdictions, you cannot call the votes until the polling closes so as to avoid influencing last minute voters. It's not about calling it when it's mathematically probable, which happens during counting.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He didn't know enough to bring a truckload of Runzas to his Omaha rallies

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

ManBoyChef posted:

His tombstone is going to say "Its Okay to Say Gay Now."

Between Trump, Limbaugh, DeSantis, MTG, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Alex Jones, and the million other chuds in office and in the media who will die in our lifetimes we are going to single handedly solve the problem of the dearth of public unisex bathrooms in the next 50 years.

redshirt posted:

How the heck did DeSantis get elected Governor of Florida? I know Florida is Chud Central, but he seems to not have an instinctual political bone in his body. Did he face no competition in Florida? Was his opponent (Republican) that bad?

He had two things going, name recognition and Trump endorsing him. Remember the incredibly painful ads where he was trying to make his extremely small child say "Make America Great Again" as their first words? This was back when Trump ruled the party and all you needed was his endorsement to cruise to a primary win. It also helped he was running against a bunch of people who were complete political nobodies, only one of his opponents was a state elected official at the time, the other opponents were like private contractors and physical therapists.

He also did/does something that I noticed caught on in the 2022 elections. A lot of the high profile candidates made sure they were close to conservative media outlets while ignoring more mainstream outlets. I think Doug Mastriano in PA was the most prevalent example of that because he would decline talking to the Washington Post while agreeing to appear on some QAnon adjacent podcast. DeSantis has been laser focused on talking to only the friendliest of media since day one, so him saying something stupid or making weird faces was only something we discovered this year when he's been doing it the whole time, but had less of a national spotlight on his shoes clearly not having toes in them. It works great in primaries, but can be a major problem in the general.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Jestery posted:

I shared a house with a dude who mainlined Ben Shapiro for hours every night , and during my tenancy he lost his girlfriend.

Pretty funny

The one actual Ben Shapiro fan I know refers to himself as a "Christian Nationalist" and thinks liberals are trying to destroy society by first attacking the traditional nuclear family (through rainbows or something) because according to him the nuclear family is the pinnacle of order in the world. He just drank his marriage into a bitter divorce, moved into an apartment because his wife and son got the condo, and his roommates are about to kick him out because he can't do basic poo poo like "buy groceries, it's your week to get food please. Thanks."

Yes, he ate horse paste during covid.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

kazil posted:

also, he big mad

Is it his MIL's funeral today or tomorrow?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

Behind the Bastards had a few episodes on him fairly recently, and if I remember it right, he had good credentials (Harvard, lawyer, veteran) and was pretty good at playing the game it seems, and also much less (visibly) insane before Trump.

There's a transcript here that I tried to quickly scan but I dunno if it's computer generated or something becasue it's a bit difficult to follow, but you can also listen to it:
https://podscripts.co/podcasts/behind-the-bastards/part-one-ron-desantis-florida-man?scroll_to_words=desantis

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

redshirt posted:

It was like 68% …. of republican caucus voters. This the horse paste crowd, they will never be reconnected with reality.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

tek79 posted:

The one actual Ben Shapiro fan I know refers to himself as a "Christian Nationalist" and thinks liberals are trying to destroy society by first attacking the traditional nuclear family (through rainbows or something) because according to him the nuclear family is the pinnacle of order in the world. He just drank his marriage into a bitter divorce, moved into an apartment because his wife and son got the condo, and his roommates are about to kick him out because he can't do basic poo poo like "buy groceries, it's your week to get food please. Thanks."

Yes, he ate horse paste during covid.

Sounds like a solid Republican voter. If he can remember which day to vote.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

redshirt posted:

He got endorsed by trump and as a resident I can confirm that florida sucks all the poo poo. For his re-election the state dem party ran charlie christ, a former republican governor who wasn't well liked and also did I mention he's a republican?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

mobby_6kl posted:

Behind the Bastards had a few episodes on him fairly recently, and if I remember it right, he had good credentials (Harvard, lawyer, veteran) and was pretty good at playing the game it seems, and also much less (visibly) insane before Trump.

There's a transcript here that I tried to quickly scan but I dunno if it's computer generated or something becasue it's a bit difficult to follow, but you can also listen to it:
https://podscripts.co/podcasts/behind-the-bastards/part-one-ron-desantis-florida-man?scroll_to_words=desantis

Yeah, I’m pretty sure this is a text to speech job

quote:

Florida, I am referring to the state in the southeastern portion of the United States, not the seminal genre defining rap artist, flow, writer,

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

big nipples big life posted:

He got endorsed by trump and as a resident I can confirm that florida sucks all the poo poo. For his re-election the state dem party ran charlie christ, a former republican governor who wasn't well liked and also did I mention he's a republican?

Also he succeeded Rick Scott, who got elected even after having been caught stealing hundreds of millions of dollars from sick old people. Florida voters are just plain terrible.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
We'll see if this holds but Haley and Tirmo are now tied in New Hampshire

The typo wasn't intentional but I'm not bothering to change it

quote:

A new American Research Group poll in New Hampshire finds Donald Trump and Nikki Haley tied at 40% each in the GOP presidential primary.

Key takeaway: Trump leads Haley 47% to 35% among registered Republicans. Haley leads Trump 51% to 24% among undeclared voters likely to vote in the Republican primary.

https://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2024/rep/nhrep.html

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Tumble posted:

Thats fuckin bleak

Welcome to the Midwest. Here's an honorary bottle of Ranch. You'll need it to drown out the sorrow hidden in all of the food.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Ah, the hidden valley of sadness.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

redshirt posted:

If Donny shows up with a Cumberland Farms pizza in NH let me get ahead of the PR and tell you, their pizza sucks.

I think it’s my experience with anything Cumby’s that leads me to believe Iowa gas station pizza sucks. I recognize that this is my own previous experiences clouding my judgement.

The best gas station food is Krispy Krunchy anyways.

(Also I really don’t know how to feel about people here telling me that somehow Iowa has edible gas station pizza, that is hosed up!)

kazil posted:

Something like 67% said they would vote for Trump if he was convicted. Now, that number is huge and sucks poo poo, but Trump absolutely cannot afford to lose 1/3 of the Republican vote.

also, he big mad

I’m still not sure which side of the coin I think most Trump supporters will fall on regarding this. I can’t see them actually having strong enough moral character to say “okay this is too much, he’s not getting my vote” since they’ve shown themselves quite clearly not to give a poo poo about any negative information about Trump. On the other hand maybe they’ll just kinda say “oh well I never REALLY supported him anyways”.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOi2cYz5nXE

The Lincoln Project's response to the "God made Trump" video that he boosted earlier this month. Not especially spicy but still entertaining and the ending is pretty good.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Seth Pecksniff posted:

TIRMO!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Tirmo sounds like a Star Wars politician. Like some chancellor who hosed a bunch of poo poo up 200 years before palpatine showed up to knock it all down.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

incoherent light posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOi2cYz5nXE

The Lincoln Project's response to the "God made Trump" video that he boosted earlier this month. Not especially spicy but still entertaining and the ending is pretty good.

Regular reminder that TLP sucks extremely hard.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It was like 68% …. of republican caucus voters. This the horse paste crowd, they will never be reconnected with reality.

It was also a historically low turnout, so you can't even say this is representative of all registered Republicans in Iowa.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

redshirt posted:

The man he ran against was black, it's Florida. Hope this helps.

Andrew Gillum had the best poo poo talk about Ron though. "I don't know if HE'S a racist, but all the racists love him".

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rhonne posted:

It was also a historically low turnout, so you can't even say this is representative of all registered Republicans in Iowa.

Eh, you can make a reasonable assumption that the people who didn't show up are equally distributed. It's not like DeSantis voters are extra vulnerable to the cold or anything like that. You might make an argument that only the most enthusiastic would go out for the caucus, but only the most enthusiastic are going to be there even if they weren't risking death by going.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Aramis posted:

Yes but they produce trump lols

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Andrew Gillum had the best poo poo talk about Ron though. "I don't know if HE'S a racist, but all the racists love him".

I get the shade, but if he can't outright say a man who tortured a bunch of Arabs in government black sites is a racist that's probably part of why he lost.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

He also much like younkin didn’t drop the mask right away and a lot of people thought he would be a boring moderate douche.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Lazyfire posted:

Remember the incredibly painful ads where he was trying to make his extremely small child say "Make America Great Again" as their first words?

No. I don't. WTF?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Aramis posted:

Absolutely - it's simply a case of a wasp landing on a nettle; you don't care who gets stung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah this poo poo gives her momentum going into next week

If Haley beats him he will be Enraged