Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i doubt its trump and more chinas economy is a massive shitshow.

Yeah I know nothing about East Asian economics but I know China is just as guilty as the US is with loving around with interest rates and such, so watching the market poo poo the bed is pretty on-par for the whole "capitalism" thing.

I mean, check out the US's tech industry going tits up after everyone realized that 0% interest won't stay forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/JustinMeeksAR/status/1747076531610956266

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1747293309322555559

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Pook Good Mook posted:

Eric is 40 years old and still says "Daddy"

Ew

Well, actually Jack Posobiec. Who is a mere 39.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Teeny tiny itsy bitsy masculinity on these incredibly hosed up dudes who tearfully and desperately clutch at anything to make them feel like big strong men

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Pook Good Mook posted:

Ew

TBF he just waved a flag to it.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Toxic Mental posted:

Well, actually Jack Posobiec. Who is a mere 39.

And also not a TRUMP failson. But I think referring to TRUMP as "Daddy" was a thing on r/TheDonald back in the day, so I presume they still call him that on PW or the MAGA sperm bank / social media site or wherever they are now.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted:

Ew

Was it Trump's lawyer who last week claimed the corrupt Judge Erogan dragged in Trump's kids into the trial?

His kids, you know, Choad and Stank?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

kazil posted:

It's weird that this thread just denies the fact that Biden isn't really all that popular.

he wasn't popular even for his first run, he's always been 'the guy the dems are shoving at us bc he has an association with Obama and they're trying to milk that for everything its worth'

I will take tepid and not popular, maintains the status quo dem over Trump any day, and any progressive or leftist who claims its all the same is being disingenuous. My voting strategy will change once Trump is dead and no longer a threat.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Batterypowered7 posted:

If we did that then nobody would reply to anyone else in the thread!

Special shoutout to the several people ITT last night who thought Iowa counties were Congressional districts and were amazed at how they were all square. Iowa does not have 50+ representatives.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They recently rolled back one hour a day on video games laws because it turned out that Chinese shut ins playing gachas is a load bearing pillar for their stock market lmfao

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yeah this does not math, I would be surprised if Trump had any idea, or remembered what he did with China.

:lol: Oh my god the Hyvee bag yesterday, loving gobbless the Iowans

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

StrangersInTheNight posted:

My voting strategy will change once Trump is dead and no longer a threat.

Why? The milquetoast republican would be just as bad if not worse simply because they wouldn't have an administration full of incompetent morons that don't know how to achieve most of the poo poo they try. That's why people were scared of DeSantis' rise before he poo poo the bed so bad. Everyone saw him as a more competent Trump.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Fuckin' lol

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

This guy is a Mormon who wrote a book about Mitt Romney and now ... this

lol

e:

lol lol

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It's been predicted for over a year that China is eventually going to have to face the music over the way real estate became overly heated, ever since the Evergrande fiasco. I'm also pretty sure you could go back a couple weeks and find a similar day on their index funds.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

kazil posted:

It's weird that this thread just denies the fact that Biden isn't really all that popular.

Biden was never particularly that popular though. Kinda of an LBJ figure in that liberals/leftists always kinda hated him and he was thrown into the mix to mollify moderates only to wind up being responsible for a lot of great things, and a fair few terrible ones. Then again, it's hard to think of any president that wasn't a giant flaming rear end on at least one foreign policy issue.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Ron, Nikki, it's time...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

No thanks if I wanted to experience those smells I would just huff a rancid dumpster behind a fried chicken joint

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Why? The milquetoast republican would be just as bad if not worse simply because they wouldn't have an administration full of incompetent morons that don't know how to achieve most of the poo poo they try. That's why people were scared of DeSantis' rise before he poo poo the bed so bad. Everyone saw him as a more competent Trump.

No one has an actual clue what the post-Trump GOP looks like. We are in full "après moi, le déluge" territory. The craziness continuing along out of sheer momentum, if only for a little while, is a safe-ish bet, but even then. Once the dust settles, there's absolutely no telling what is going to emerge.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

oh come the gently caress on how is this a real person

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I feel like I have to qualify my liking of Joe Biden because of a bunch of too online internet weirdos screaming echo chamber poo poo that bled into their subconscious from constant exposure to the internet. They'll pipe up with all their "WHATBAOUT" poo poo like a chud if there's a slight hesitation in agreeing with them that Joe Biden is a "succ lib piece of poo poo" or whatever.

Actually nah I don't gotta qualify anything, I like Joe Brandon.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

My voting strategy will change once Trump is dead and no longer a threat.

If he dies they're just gonna suckle at and for a replacement the same way; politics is NOT that creative. You know as well as me that it's just gonna be the same issues, (however contemporary) amplification, and wrangling of an aging increasingly lame and sketchy support structure of weirdo Loomer-esque Twitter putsch gremlins, custom tailored to the next guy instead.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Bottom Liner posted:

The majority of Biden's presidency has been delaying and slowing down all the poo poo Trump did while president, you want Trump to get back in to lay out another 4 years of time bombs that will slowly gently caress with us for the next 5-10 years after he's gone?

people not realizing this poo poo is delayed and affects the next loving decade is wild to me. you're declaring that nothing would change while we're literally trying to peel back and correct the previous damage!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Serious_Cyclone posted:

oh come the gently caress on how is this a real person

He's like 35 years old

how unfortunate

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The majority of Biden's presidency has been delaying and slowing down all the poo poo Trump did while president, you want Trump to get back in to lay out another 4 years of time bombs that will slowly gently caress with us for the next 5-10 years after he's gone?

people not realizing this poo poo is delayed and affects the next loving decade is wild to me. you're declaring that nothing would change while we're literally trying to peel back the previous changes!

Would you mind listing these things? We recently got big funding for a national high speed rail project, and that wasn't exactly on Trump's limited radar.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This kind of thing pisses me off. People loving know what trump is and what his supporters are. Not going to his rallies doesn't make them uninformed or out of touch. It makes them normal. Trump's supporters are the ones who have no relationship with reality.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Biden has definitely been better than I was expecting. He seems to be interested in notching some wins on things that affect people's everyday lives (like student loans). Obama talked a very good game and ACA was a step forward, but mostly he seemed to want to just coast after that and be lauded as a uniter and post-partisan figure.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Another Bill posted:

lol

e:

lol lol

That's that actor, Toby something. He was in the Captain America movies as part of HYDRA.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Another Bill posted:

He's like 35 years old

how unfortunate

he's a goddamned pencil eraser

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Unfortunately the follow up defamation trial in NY doesn't allow phones/devices in the courtroom so no live tweeting Trump's outbursts and bullshit.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yes we klan.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

people not realizing this poo poo is delayed and affects the next loving decade is wild to me. you're declaring that nothing would change while we're literally trying to peel back and correct the previous damage!

No, that's not what I was saying at all. OP implied they would continue voting for the boring Dem as long as Trump is a threat, then reassess their voting practice when Trump is gone. I'm asking why you would be willing to boycott Dems when Trump is gone since the stock standard GOP candidate will be every bit as bad as Trump.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Also, just because I already had it

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Waffle House posted:

Would you mind listing these things? We recently got big funding for a national high speed rail project, and that wasn't exactly on Trump's limited radar.

yes also Biden has done good things! I am voting Biden and pro-Biden, I was saying to that person that people who bitch about Biden not doing poo poo are disregarding that you have to do a lot of work to fix systems previously broken and destroyed and we don't want another 4 years of that which would require yet more fixing on the backend

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Another Bill posted:

lol

e:

lol lol

Hail Hydra

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

This kind of thing pisses me off. People loving know what trump is and what his supporters are. Not going to his rallies doesn't make them uninformed or out of touch. It makes them normal. Trump's supporters are the ones who have no relationship with reality.

I wouldn't get too hung up on it, it's just desperate trawling for numbers.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Is there any actual proof on how popular or unpopular Biden is?

Like, something outside of flawed polls that haven’t been trustworthy/accurate for awhile or the dumb opinions of terminally online weirdos like us.

I seriously don’t believe a single person when they say the Israel/Palestine issue is going to be a significant thing for most voters. Especially since many if not most US politicians are even worse than Biden on the issue.

Hell, this thread talked nonstop about how unpopular presidential candidate Joe Biden was, and well……

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
which ugh, i'm not really 'pro-biden' it's more like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGmXGkIr7w0

the fact this song even exists is proof of how he's regarded