Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Brett Hundley. Man, if you can't even get standard Ravens history right I'm not sure I can put much stock in your football opinions.

Not as bad as when Pop Dog chewed me out for forgetting who Alex Lewis was while he played for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

First one was in like 1998 where we played there against Favre and lost big. I wasn't watching then but I remember my dad said before the game we had no chance.

Then we lost to them again in 2001 where we took control early but then those dumb rubberband AI fumbles that happen to the Ravens all the time happened with Obafemi Ayanbadejo fumbled and they came back and Grbac got concussed but we left him in there too long after. I remember before the game on ESPN forums somebody said that Jon Ogden would turn Kabir Gbaja-Biamila into "I-need-a-beer-"

Then in 2005 I went to that game on MNF where Boller had a really phenomenal game and the Packers gave up like 44 points. That's when they had Samkon Gado or whatever his name was.

In 2009 I think on MNF again we were sort of competitive and lost and Zomodok got angry because I kept criticizing Flacco during the game and other fans of other teams were joining along by the end of it.

Then we played again in 2013 right after the SB year at home and it was a rotten game but they took control with a long Jordy Nelson TD.

Then in 2017 I think we played against that guy whose name was like Tyler Huntley. Like Richard Huntney? Some crap like that and we shut them out on the road and no team had done that for a while there.

Then in 2021 we lost a very close near upset to them with the real Tyler Huntley where we had one of our many failed 2 point conversions at the end of the game.

So the score differential is mainly from the shutout and that MNF blowout in 2005. The other games they won were a bit closer except the 98 game. And the 2001 game we had garbage time points and made it a one score game or something by the end.

These games don't matter though to this potential SB because we didn't have Lamar Jackson or Kyle Hamilton in any of those previous games. It's too many different players and coaches.

who knows

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Despera posted:

That Boller game was insane in the membrane

I remember exactly where I was that night (working in a sports bar).

I see the thread was gently pished today.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Pop Dog chewed me out
Rip pop dog. Ate kawa's rear end and died

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

rip

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think Rudolph is alright but the Steelers should trade for Fields if he is available.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Kawalimus posted:

I think Rudolph is alright but the Steelers should trade for Fields if he is available.

Think this is the first actual good advice I've seen .

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

owned

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Only one remains

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

No Steelers Titans Colts or Patriots, it's the Raven's year

To lose to the Texans

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Least embarrassing blowout of the weekend champs wooo

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

D-LINK posted:

Least embarrassing blowout of the weekend champs wooo

print the shirts

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I did not know this

https://x.com/DavidHasselhoff/status/298200595301531648?s=20

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mike tomlin when he remembers the ravens were the colts

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
GO BAKER!!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

He looks like the meme drawing guy. You know which one

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Kawalimus's favorite coach about to be the longest tenured in the NFL

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he passed away in 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Why is Tomlin speculated to leave? Is he just ready for a change of scenery himself or will he be fired? I don't understand why. I mean they were doing much better after firing Canada and having Rudolph instead of Pickett. And in this Bills game they could have rolled over and died down 21-0 but made a game of it despite missing their top defensive player. Is it just for lack of playoff wins lately? I don't know if I put a huge amount of stock in that as being a good reason to get rid of him. That's why I think they should trade for Fields to give them a dynamic weapon at QB and give him a chance in an organization that develops its offensive talent much more successfully.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
There’s been some rumormongering types who have said he’s looking to “retire” like Sean Payton so he has cover to go elsewhere in a year or two, definitely seems like more of a change of scenery thing

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think he's just angling for a big renewed contract.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Mike Tomlin will UNLEASH HELL on the open market as a free agent coach.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if he were to retire from the steelers and join another team 2 years later? you might could Call him sike tomlin.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Why is Tomlin speculated to leave? Is he just ready for a change of scenery himself or will he be fired? I don't understand why. I mean they were doing much better after firing Canada and having Rudolph instead of Pickett. And in this Bills game they could have rolled over and died down 21-0 but made a game of it despite missing their top defensive player. Is it just for lack of playoff wins lately? I don't know if I put a huge amount of stock in that as being a good reason to get rid of him. That's why I think they should trade for Fields to give them a dynamic weapon at QB and give him a chance in an organization that develops its offensive talent much more successfully.

5 consecutive playoff losses

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

5 consecutive playoff losses

More of a QB issue. And yesterday was bad turnovers early. These losses were in Roethlisberger's latter years plus the latest QB struggles. They've built a good team otherwise.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/ScottKacsmar/status/1747050904694534652?t=BhBwSorwTKFtLOcEQn9QEg&s=19

Dude has 3 playoff wins in the last 13 years. And he beat AJ McCarron, Matt Moore, and Alex Smith to get those. He also has 0 playoff wins in the last 8 years. The closest loss in the 8 years was a 3 point loss to Blake Bortles.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

More of a QB issue. And yesterday was bad turnovers early. These losses were in Roethlisberger's latter years plus the latest QB struggles. They've built a good team otherwise.

Idk, I like and appreciate Tomlin, but his post season record is starting to look like Marvin Lewis

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Fondly thinking back to when Marvin Lewis called Johnny football a midget in a press conference

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/937theFan/status/1747070985692487762?t=jtic6sL-JUCubVV20_Huug&s=19

Former first rounder talking openly about how the culture is bad.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

Idk, I like and appreciate Tomlin, but his post season record is starting to look like Marvin Lewis

I would replace Harbaugh with Lewis or Tomlin in a heartbeat.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Kawalimus posted:

I would replace Harbaugh with Lewis or Tomlin in a heartbeat.

That's dumb as hell, bro. Just nah.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I would replace Harbaugh with Lewis

crazy that the Ravens got the one seed by accident with a sub-Marvin Lewis coach

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

harbaugh should retire soon though. ideally if he wins the super bowl he would go one more year to try to run it back. and if he keeps on winning the super bowl then he would keep going one more year for each time that he wins the super bowl. but after he doesn't win it, go ahead and retire. don't stick around too long like bill belichick

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

John Harbaugh has lost 4/5 playoff games. That's almost five in a row. Lost at New England. Lost to the Chargers. Lost to Tennessee. Beat Tennessee then lost to Buffalo for loss 4. Lost to Cincinnati. Not to mention that blown game in 2016 or whatever against the Bengals late season.

My dislike for Harbaugh isn't even about that and I didn't even think of this until just now. So how come Harbaugh doesn't get flak for playoff losses but these other guys do? He's made of teflon because he doesn't do anything so you can't blame him for anything. His coordinators take all the blame.

It is true, however, that we do not get blown out very often under Harbaugh.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 16, 2024

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

John Harbaugh has lost 4/5 playoff games. That's almost five in a row. Lost at New England. Lost to the Chargers. Lost to Tennessee. Beat Tennessee then lost to Buffalo for loss 4. Lost to Cincinnati. Not to mention that blown game in 2016 or whatever against the Bengals late season.

My dislike for Harbaugh isn't even about that and I didn't even think of this until just now. So how come Harbaugh doesn't get flak for playoff losses but these other guys do? He's made of teflon because he doesn't do anything so you can't blame him for anything. His coordinators take all the blame.

It is true, however, that we do not get blown out very often under Harbaugh.

How many of those games did he have his starting QB for though

Hell he almost beat the Bengos with Huntley, it’s not his fault that Snoop went full galaxy brain at the worst possible time.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Freaquency posted:

How many of those games did he have his starting QB for though

Hell he almost beat the Bengos with Huntley, it’s not his fault that Snoop went full galaxy brain at the worst possible time.

It was also a dumb playcall when Dobbins was running like crazy you give the ball to him not the backup QB. That was the only game he didn't have his starter for.

And again Tomlin had a broken down Roethlisberger after full seasons of punishment and also some middling and bad QBs in current times but he gets blamed. Harbaugh doesn't. In Marvin Lewis's first playoff game they were rolling until Carson Palmer's injury but he still gets blamed. Harbaugh doesn't no matter what happens.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

It was also a dumb playcall when Dobbins was running like crazy you give the ball to him not the backup QB. That was the only game he didn't have his starter for.

And again Tomlin had a broken down Roethlisberger after full seasons of punishment and also some middling and bad QBs in current times but he gets blamed. Harbaugh doesn't. In Marvin Lewis's first playoff game they were rolling until Carson Palmer's injury but he still gets blamed. Harbaugh doesn't no matter what happens.

-Lost to the Chargers in the season where the offense wasn’t tailored to Lamar’s skill set
-Lost to the Titans because of classic AFCN bullshit
-Beat the Titans only to have Lamar concussed in the 3Q against the Bills
-Then Lamar was out for the end of the last two seasons

Meanwhile in that same timespan the Steelers lost to a Browns team that had half of its starters out due to COVID, and let Blake Bortles style all over them. It doesn’t take a brain genius to see why one fanbase might be optimistic and the other a little cranky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Aw man that reminded me of Chris Henry, now I'm sad