Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

I much prefer these relatively innocuous cartoons over his outright genocidal ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

the_steve posted:

Does anyone have that comic about MLK where they basically just do a rush job on his life and ignore everything he did except that one quote:
"MLK was born. Then he had a dream - 'People should be judged by their character, so quit playing the race card!' - And then he didn't do or say anything else until he died. The end."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the UK and US intervention in Yemen – The attacks on Houthi rebels sanctioned by Joe Biden and Rishi Sunak come amid escalating global tensions"

Telegraph:

The Houthis: inside the powerful militia’s enigmatic mindset

Times:

Taiwan election results: winner William Lai’s defiant message to China

Evening Standard:

Lib Dem leader Sir Ed Davey facing fresh calls to quit over Post Office scandal

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Foreign Minister Penny Wong criticised by both sides as she departs for Middle East tour (SBS). "Jewish groups are calling for the foreign minister to visit the site of a massacre while Palestinians want Penny Wong to take a stronger stance against Israel."

Rowe:

Spooner:

Wilcox:

Lethbridge:

The coronation of Denmark's new king Frederik X and the Australian-born Queen Mary.

Golding:

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

It is insane how conservatives are still mad that a teenager had the gall to call them out for burning the planet to make another buck. Like five years later and they are still doing ugly cartoons about her.

Guess I can’t be surprised considering when another teenager called them out on school shootings they photoshopped him as a girl and got uh…incredibly weird.
Kellies category suggestion: THEY TOLD ME WHAT TO DO

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sorry had a crazy busy weekend.

China Daily

No end in sight by Song Chen

US democracy in crisis by Cai Meng

Chip war by Ma Xuejing

Le Monde

by Le HIC from Algeria
Door reads: Happy New Year!

by Urbs from France
Who will go into what ministry? Prime Minister, Interior, Defense, Health, Culture, Foreign Affairs Answer: Macron

by Herrmann from Switzerland
"I love his second-in--class vibe!"
Macron recently chose a new prime minister in Gabriel Attal, who at 34 is the youngest Prime Minister ever. He's also a complete toady.

L’Équateur en proie aux violences du narcotrafic/Equator in the grips of narco violence by Ramsés from Cuba

by Stellina from Taiwan

by Urbs from France
Meanwhile at the Macron's
"Is Gabriel happy with his government?"
"I don't know, you'd have to ask."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Chip war by Ma Xuejing

Kellies nomination: Most inadvertently badass

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Progress report: internet outages slowed me down so I got through only 50, but I was able to do them very fast so I'm confident this process will be way faster than previous years. Thank you all for your patience. Microplastics I may PM you some bug reports; none of them are significant.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Kelley

Dallas Cowboys

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Ableism)

(Sorry if I invented yet another Kellies category, but gently caress does this cartoon piss me off)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

This is not a very good cartoon, but it is interesting in the sense that it illustrates just how much the GOP has changed in the last two decades.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Drawn by someone who has last seen a teenager playing games circa 2002.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

I feel like a different candidate was complaining about what polls people were looking at, too. Could you guess which one, Bob, you hack?

Kellies nomination: Most opposite of reality

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mokotow posted:

Drawn by someone who has last seen a teenager playing games circa 2002.

I just noticed that the buttons are in the middle of the controller and in the wrong configuration

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Phlegmish posted:

This is not a very good cartoon, but it is interesting in the sense that it illustrates just how much the GOP has changed in the last two decades.
Interesting how the party full of people who resist social change at every possible opportunity leave behind the most inflexible true believers in their own bullshit. Or as they would put it, Mitt Romney was the best man in the world to defeat Barack Obama until he was a RINO years later. Both things he's always been depending on when you ask.

Edit: FORPINO
The face of the Republican Party in name only

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tories facing electoral wipeout – After yet more bad polling, Rishi Sunak and his party are in deep electoral trouble"

Telegraph:

"Strengthening the Rwanda Bill is the only path to victory"; Snow forces hundreds of schools in North of England and Scotland to close

Matt:

Late Queen ‘infuriated’ over Harry and Meghan claim she had approved naming daughter Lilibet

Times:

Evening Standard:

"The Standard View: A second Donald Trump term would spell pure chaos"

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

So if you rotate the cartoon so it's right side up, Biden's polls are skyrocketing. Way to gently caress up a visual that's been done to death anyway.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

So if you rotate the cartoon so it's right side up, Biden's polls are skyrocketing. Way to gently caress up a visual that's been done to death anyway.

Uh...

If you are reading it from Biden's* perspective, his polls are skyrocketing. If you are reading it correctly, his popularity is plummeting and he also has pants down & full of doo doo.

* a sicko

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Technowolf posted:

I just noticed that the buttons are in the middle of the controller and in the wrong configuration

The console has a play, pause and back button - with a cd drive, it's probably a CDi, last available new 26 years ago, 1990-98.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sorry had a crazy busy weekend.

China Daily
US democracy in crisis by Cai Meng

Uncommon sight to see a political cartoonist depict folks wholesale robbing big TVs from a store and not have it be obviously transparently black people. The detail giving up the game that this isn’t a domestic cartoon, American artists could not resist the call to be racist.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Also I think they use that font on most of their cartoons.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dopefish Lives! posted:

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Ableism)

(Sorry if I invented yet another Kellies category, but gently caress does this cartoon piss me off)

If you hadn't done it, I was going to once I caught up with the rest of the thread.

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia to manufacture missiles from next year (Canberra Times).

Rowe:

Golding:

Spooner:

And of course there's a tiny wind turbine.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

"No Scan Do"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

Spooner:

And of course there's a tiny wind turbine.
Of doing what?? What's the metaphor?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Doesn't scan.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I hate QR codes. Not everyone has smart phones, signal, or wifi or wants to. Nothing wrong with a menu! I don't know how good it is to agree with a Kelly but I do!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol this is literally my boomer dad

e: but yeah I don't like QR menus either

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Guys, I'm worries about Kelly, he's starting to fantasize his left hand as a girlfriend.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kellies Nomination: Worst Nudity

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Phlegmish posted:

lol this is literally my boomer dad

e: but yeah I don't like QR menus either

I'm more in favor of regular menus as well, especially because in my experience, it's a lot harder/drat near impossible to make any requests like "hold the onion" or something. At least more often than not, there's no way to request it short of trying to call a server over.
Like, they're fine when they work right and if they're formatted well, but I'm still definitely in favor of traditional.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Even today's no good teens hate the QR code.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Since he didn't specify who's bad and who's worse, this is a Good Cartoon taken on its own.

Content:

quote:

THE IOWA CAUCUS- WINTER’S BITTER BITE
Cartoon published 01/15/2024

Election season kicks off tonight with Iowa’s caucus. A caucus is different from regular primary voting. We won’t go into it here…suffice to say that Trump is way ahead in the polls. What’s interesting is who will come in second.

Because Trump is so far ahead, the stragglers are trying to stand out from each other. Vivek Ramaswarmy made news over the weekend telling potential voters that to “save Trump, you must vote Ramaswarmy.” That went over like a lead balloon with Trump supporters and even Trump himself chimed in and stated, “Vivek is NOT MAGA.” Whoever advised Vivek that pissing off the MAGA base is a great strategy is probably looking for a new job today.Instead of messing with the Iowa voters by playing mind games, Vivek should be supporting President Trump 100%. Trump can save himself by pardoning himself when elected. He doesn’t need Ramaswamy’s assistance.

The Iowa event coincides with pronounced wintry weather. The bitter cold probably won’t phase Iowans. They are used to it as we are up here in Montana. We had a record-breaking temperature of minus 33 degrees here in NW Montana along with a half foot of snow. Today it reached 2 degrees and it actually felt warm. We are acclimated to the cold. Al Gore would call it ‘global warming’…er.. ‘climate change.’ We call it winter. Still, those from southern states such as Florida might feel the bite more acutely in Iowa.

We support Trump, but it doesn’t hurt to poke a little fun once in a while.

Stay Warm and Stay Tooned!
— The GrrrTeam

quote:

RAMASWAMY SHOOTS HIMSELF IN THE FOOT, BUT THEN DOES THE RIGHT THING TINA TOON
Cartoon published 01/16/2023 This cartoon was created before Ramaswamy dropped out and endorsed Trump…

President Donald J. Trump won the Iowa caucus last night in a massive landslide. After 30 minutes both FoxNews and CNN called the race for Trump.

Ron DeSantis and Vivek Ramaswamy both ended up with egg on their faces. Vivek made a huge miscalculation the day before the Iowa caucus when he tried to play a Jedi mind trick on Trump supporters. “This is not the vote you are looking for…to save Trump, vote Vivek.” Unfortunately for Ramaswamy, he isn’t close to being a Jedi, and all Vivek accomplished was the anger he received from the MAGA base. Vivek, like Ron DeSantis, both shot themselves in the foot. MAGA has a very long memory and this may send both men’s ambitions for 2028 into the trash bin. Nikki Haley alienated Trump and his supporters along time ago.

The massive Iowa landslide for President Trump sends a signal to everyone still campaigning: Get out of the way and endorse President Trump or get run over.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

DeSantis and Ramaswamy just got ran over. They both should bow out gracefully, endorse Trump and unite the base so we can get to the most important part and that is defeating and destroying Biden/Obama and the communist Democrats in November.

AND RIGHT ON CUE, VIVEK HAS DROPPED OUT OF THE PRESIDENTIAL RACE AND HAS ENDORSED PRESIDENT TRUMP. VIVEK IS A SMART MAN, HE DID THE RIGHT THING. WE ARE CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC ABOUT HIS FUTURE.

We at GrrrGraphics are proud to endorse President Trump as the GOP candidate for President. Trump is the only candidate out there with the experience, strength, and knowledge to defeat the globalists, drain the Deep State Swamp, close the southern border, end pointless wars, and save America.

According to Nikki Haley this is a ‘two person race.” 🤡

The people are with President Trump and together we will win.

—The Grrr-Team

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Well you definitely wouldn't.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

If you think that's the worst angle from which we're going to see David Rowe's Trump this year then brace yourself.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

White AND rich people both have to be personally inconvenienced for racial equality to happen? The gently caress out of here

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I love how Garrison’s opinion of you wholly rests upon what you think of Trump.

He’ll flip the moment you speak against him or kiss the ring.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Vib Rib posted:

to be fair stantis does keep in mind the famous speech wherein MLK floated in an empty void for twenty minutes before shrugging and saying "politics! amirite, folks??"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Nudity
i'm distracted by haley wearing nothing at all...nothing at all...nothing at all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bob Englehart

Bill Bramhall

Christopher Weyant

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David Horsey

Dick Wright

Jeff Koterba