Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Amazon delivered the remainder of the McF ‘Batman & Robin’ movie wave. I cannot believe that in TYOOL 2024 I am stoked to be getting the entire wave of collector-grade detailed action figures based on the shittiest Batman movie from the 90s. What a time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I can’t believe it either. I don’t get it lol. I might’ve gotten Arnold for the laughs but hell no to anyone else.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Yes please! The old starter box / Green Knight mini was amazing, and is what sold me on Warhammer way back when.

The Green Knight is one of the best mini sculpts ever and it's mind blowing that it was the first mini created after the sculptor blew his dominant hand off in a canon accident.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Super7 got back to me and it seems like they're going to be willing to ship me out a replacement left hand for the MegaZord that's able to hold a weapon!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The Green Knight is one of the best mini sculpts ever and it's mind blowing that it was the first mini created after the sculptor blew his dominant hand off in a canon accident.

what

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Macdeo meant cannon accident.

I mean, they’re right it was canonically an accident that happened, but it was an accident with a cannon.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Anyone interested in a set of 4 display stands for 1:6 GB figures? I got them from some random Chinese seller on eBay and I’ve never seen their like again. They are pretty substantial, multiple layers of plastic and acrylic, kinda heavy, almost 8 inches across and 3/4” thick.

Just a little too big for my shelf.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’d have to buy the Blitzway figures for them, and they’re stupid expensive.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Agrias120 posted:

Super7 got back to me and it seems like they're going to be willing to ship me out a replacement left hand for the MegaZord that's able to hold a weapon!

what

Yeah, meant cannon.

As can be guessed from guys that makes his living sculpting historical English soldiers, the Perry Brothers were/are super into historical reenactment. At a reenactment of the Battle of Crecy, Michael Perry was standing next to a cannon that misfiresd during loading taking most of his right hand.

Going a bit stir crazy lying in the hospital bed he asked his brother for sculpting tools to teach himself to use his left hand and the result was this.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I went to order the juicy juggernaut in a moment of weakness and its another 30 to ship. Thank you Amazon for breaking my brain and making that a deal breaker.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, meant cannon.

As can be guessed from guys that makes his living sculpting historical English soldiers, the Perry Brothers were/are super into historical reenactment. At a reenactment of the Battle of Crecy, Michael Perry was standing next to a cannon that misfiresd during loading taking most of his right hand.

Going a bit stir crazy lying in the hospital bed he asked his brother for sculpting tools to teach himself to use his left hand and the result was this.

Oh, yeah, I wasn't giving you a hard time about the spelling. In my pre-coffee state I read it as "cannon", and was just shocked that he had a cannon-related accident. Also that sculpt is insane.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gonna cross-post this to a few places.

I got the NECA ‘Aliens’ remake of the Kenner Ripley figure. The original toy came with a badass flamethrower. Instead of making a new updated flamethrower for the remake figure, NECA instead just gave her a smart gun and called it a day.

Anyone here with any 3D modeling/printing/sculpting/customizing aspirations interested in making a few bucks and giving her the weapon she deserves?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, meant cannon.

Holy poo poo! I'd never heard that before. Still an all time favorite.

OMG JC
Jul 30, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

I got the NECA ‘Aliens’ remake of the Kenner Ripley figure. The original toy came with a badass flamethrower. Instead of making a new updated flamethrower for the remake figure, NECA instead just gave her a smart gun and called it a day.

Anyone here with any 3D modeling/printing/sculpting/customizing aspirations interested in making a few bucks and giving her the weapon she deserves?

Gridiron Studios sells Ripley flamethrowers.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, meant cannon.

also consider the level of miniatures that were releasing at the same time as it and it becomes even more impressive.

garbage like Durthu the Treeman, the plastic Lizardmen Saurus, and Skaw the Falconer all came out around the same time as The Green Knight.

e: also apparently GW agreed and they remade Durthu at some point recently, quite the glowup

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 17, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

drat that's on par with the Nagash glowup

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

While that would be an upgrade over what she has, I’m specifically looking for an update to the one the Kenner toy had:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Xenomrph posted:

While that would be an upgrade over what she has, I’m specifically looking for an update to the one the Kenner toy had:

Took my young self a very long time to discover the hole in her hip for the flamethrower to attach. But when I did, hoo man that was a cool mechanic.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kingtheninja posted:

Took my young self a very long time to discover the hole in her hip for the flamethrower to attach. But when I did, hoo man that was a cool mechanic.

I’d love it if an enterprising customizer were to replicate the gimmick for the NECA figure but it wouldn’t be a dealbreaker if they didn’t.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Get a gundam rocket launcher and a Neca flamethrower and glue it

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

I thought it was cool how her torso moved independent of her head so you could wave the flamethrower around while she looked in one direction. I also thought it was cool when my friend discovered this could be used without the flamethrower, to make it look like she was jiggling her boobs around.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
They’re making a nice, interconnected toy universe over at Skybound. Today’s Cobra Commander is another great staring point, and comes out the gate with some of my favorite weirdos.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Xenomrph posted:

I hear Metalhead comes with one. You should get him.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 17, 2024

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fuzz posted:

I hear Metalhead comes with one. You should get him.

I will light you on fire

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Got my maiden from Amiami yesterday:

Good figure despite the non-existent leg articulation.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

They’re making a nice, interconnected toy universe over at Skybound. Today’s Cobra Commander is another great staring point, and comes out the gate with some of my favorite weirdos.

I'm very slightly annoyed by the "THIS AIN'T YOUR DADDY'S TRANSFORMERS/GI JOE!!!" level of brutality and gore, but only slightly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’d buy some gory rear end gi joes. That sound sick

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

I’d buy some gory rear end gi joes. That sound sick

Buy regular GI Joes, buy Citadel paint “Blood for the Blood God” technical paint, apply liberally. That stuff is fantastic for doing gross wet blood effects.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I did that lol

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

I've had that figure on myself for years and only now learned her gun is wrong. I never had the original so I had no point of reference, but now I can't not see it.

Anyway, FYI, if anyone is in the market for a Hammond Collection Dimetrodon, be aware there appears to be a manufacturing issue where they're shipping without their eyes. Every one I've seen in person is missing them and I've seen reports of others saying the same.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Shiftypenguin posted:

Anyway, FYI, if anyone is in the market for a Hammond Collection Dimetrodon, be aware there appears to be a manufacturing issue where they're shipping without their eyes. Every one I've seen in person is missing them and I've seen reports of others saying the same.

Yep. I got one for my daughter actually as we have a few other Hammond dinos we play with. At first I thought she might have just gotten a bit rambunctious but when I stopped by the store they were all the same. For her it doesn't really matter and I could probably substitute the eye with a bit of paint but it is definitely wrong.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shiftypenguin posted:

I've had that figure on myself for years and only now learned her gun is wrong. I never had the original so I had no point of reference, but now I can't not see it.

Where they’re going, they won’t need eyes to see. :kheldragar:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lencho posted:

Got my maiden from Amiami yesterday:

Good figure despite the non-existent leg articulation.

Good, they kept her dirty feet.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Found the GITD Superman and Krypto chase figure at Target tonight. No Batman chase, unfortunately. I'm not a huge Superman fan, but I couldn't pass on having a mullet Supes and Krypto in my GITD collection.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I know there has been a bunch of WH40K discussion, so I apologize if this has been covered, but I didn't see it in my skimming through, anyone pick up McFarlane's Space Marines? I remember reading good things about the JoyToy ones, but McFarlane just put out a Khorne Berserker and I thought it looked awesome.

At only $30, I'm now used to absurd Super 7 prices and the two pack NECA Turtles being over $50 ( although I guess that is 2 for $25 ).

Didn't see any reviews in a quick Google search, mostly just where to buy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Endless Mike posted:

I'm very slightly annoyed by the "THIS AIN'T YOUR DADDY'S TRANSFORMERS/GI JOE!!!" level of brutality and gore, but only slightly.

I don't mind the blood to be honest, its not too over the top so far. Now if they make Optimus or Duke start swearing, that's too much.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

I don't mind the blood to be honest, its not too over the top so far. Now if they make Optimus or Duke start swearing, that's too much.

“Freedom is the motherfucking right of all goddamn sentient beings, holy poo poo.”

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Weirdly enough it kinda fits in with the whole GIVE ME YOUR FACE Optimus we got in the movies.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

This feels like it was made solely for me.

https://x.com/preterniadotcom/status/1747998119378247936?s=46

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Are those an original IP just for toys, or based on entertainment? Those are really really neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Are those an original IP just for toys, or based on entertainment? Those are really really neat

Those look to be unlicensed World of Warcraft murlocs?