Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Thundarr posted:

Letting the thought linger, because any literal answer would be less effective at selling her point than whatever Allison's imagination is coming up with.

yeah there have been commenters all along doing back of the napkin estimates of all the 'more centuries than grains of sand on a beach' type imagery and the answers are both absurdly huge and and way less impressive when laid out as just a number too big for you to have any frame of reference for

Enough that "how many" isn't even a meaningful question anymore

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Joe Slowboat posted:

See I think those limitations are also the limitations of Allison’s current life-affirming Nietzschean philosophy, is the thing. He is her, but bad. So that makes him more compelling to me than Jagganoth, Gog, or even Metatron.

E: I can see him being the ‘scouring of the shire’ type final challenge, where the huge mythic victory is achieved but he remains in the world and must be dealt with, after what is the climax in one sense (Metatron, Zoss) but with massive emotional and thematic weight nonetheless.

Cleaning up incubus is the hero’s return to normality. He’s the narrative boss after the final boss, the secret boss, and the challenge boss have all been dealt with and the hero is at level 99

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 16, 2024

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Tosk posted:

How do you all interpret Gog's expression in the panel after Allison asks her how many cycles there have been? (beyond conveying 'a lot')

Trying not to break down into anguished hysterics.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Tosk posted:

How do you all interpret Gog's expression in the panel after Allison asks her how many cycles there have been? (beyond conveying 'a lot')
Thousand-parsec stare.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tosk posted:

Thundarr posted:

Letting the thought linger, because any literal answer would be less effective at selling her point than whatever Allison's imagination is coming up with.

maswastaken posted:

"The number is comically high - and I'm trying be taken seriously right now."

Youremother posted:

Trying not to break down into anguished hysterics.

All three at once, because if she even started trying to actually articulate it, she'd immediately break down and her dedication to the bit means it'd still be darkly comical somehow.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

She did try to articulate how it feels, fail, and break down in a darkly comedic way in panels 2-5 anyway

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

M_Gargantua posted:

Cleaning up incubus is the hero’s return to normality. He’s the narrative boss after the final boss, the secret boss, and the challenge boss have all been dealt with and the hero is at level 99

Wrong journey, I think.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

We're going to get an ending where it turns out Zoss was actually looking for an heir to keep resetting the universe, cause he couldn't handle eternity anymore. All his chosen heirs trying to fight the inevitable was a miscommunication.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Zoss will tear off his beard and reveal he was Joseph Campbell with a tan all along.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Tosk posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
wait so Gog's problem is actually that she's Extremely Divorced

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Big Worm Cop energy.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I'd say all of the Demiurges need some sort of Kim-like minder but looking at Mammon that didn't help much.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Harry could probably reach heaven by violence but I dunno if Alison could've solved the hanged man case... Well she probably would by accident and luck

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

She wouldn't need half an hour to ponder generally getting her poo poo together just remove the body from the tree, at least.

She would absolutely introduce herself to Klaasje exactly the same way.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 16, 2024

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Youremother posted:

Well she probably would by accident and luck
A perfect 1-to-1 for Harry's performance, then.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Comic author creates, mantles Wheel, cannot control

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Abaddon sighs, and begins drawing the comic from the beginning again. Maybe this time he'll get it right.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

But the Thread remembers. The Thread is immortal. And most of all... The Thread always wins.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Man catastrophically owns himself by writing a straightforward character that posters cannot wrap their heads around.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Youremother posted:

Harry could probably reach heaven by violence but I dunno if Alison could've solved the hanged man case... Well she probably would by accident and luck

adding a third axis to the "could solve the death note case/could figure out the death note" detective allignment chart

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Youremother posted:

Harry has achieved and lost royalty dozens of times

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Harry is the exact opposite of a furious dumbass, he's more like a sad, self-destructive smart person, and also one of the least royal characters I can imagine

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Harry would be first in line to get himself wormed, if only he'd manage to get out of bed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GlyphGryph posted:

Harry is the exact opposite of a furious dumbass, he's more like a sad, self-destructive smart person, and also one of the least royal characters I can imagine
He'd make a hell of a demiurge, though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Royalty is a sword

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

GlyphGryph posted:

He has the soft heart of a peasant, which in his case is a good thing.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 17, 2024

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mr. Evrart is helping me find my Key of Kings

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
DETECTIVE HARRIER DU BOIS, Tequila Sunset, the Infernal Engine, the Shivering Man, the Apricot-Poisoned One, bearer of the word PALE and Fuckup of the Seven-Part World

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

girl dick energy posted:

He'd make a hell of a demiurge, though.

Oh, he would absolutely rock being a demiurge. Trapped in a prison of his own design? Actively making the lives of those around him worse because he can't escape from his past or walk way? That's definitely his jam.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

GlyphGryph posted:

yeah, being that broken up about a woman after that long is NOT royal

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
now, turning away from the ruin, going forward?

that is the first step on the path to royalty

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

DETECTIVE HARRIER DU BOIS, Tequila Sunset, the Infernal Engine, the Shivering Man, the Apricot-Poisoned One, bearer of the word PALE and Fuckup of the Seven-Part World

Also a HUGE FUCKIN' COMMIE

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Allison comes to Harry's domain to seek out his key, like she did the other demiurges. He is wearing The Expression. They walk towards his dark throne room, Harry turns on the light and falls down, dead. Through use of his Key of Kings he returns to life. Harry invites her to take a seat as if nothing happened, while he sits down himself. He keels over, dead. This is going to be a long day.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Raphael Ambrosius Costeau isn’t royal but his necktie definitely is.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

look Operant, the moment you have gods and the Absolute-in-Itself saying that They/It are liars, you definitely were setting yourself for a lot of nagging once you decided to have a Camusian amor fati conflict thing. lmao

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

He should just go back to earlier in the comic and start rewriting it

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kei Technical posted:

better yet, have zoss hit the reset button and just start posting the comic over again from page one, watch everyone go over every page with a fine-tooth comb looking for differences, see how long you can get away with it

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Kei Technical posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

Mr. Evrart is helping me find my Key of Kings