Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

credburn posted:

I feel safest when I know at any moment my life could be over.

same, i certainly didn't have to do years of therapy afterwards, still waking up to nightmares. it's great & cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Saw something similar posted here recently

It's not Quakers, but it does boggle the mind that in a housing market like this people think weird stipulations are somehow reasonable

(and also that you can rent for $800 lmao)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
That one just feels sad, like it's a kid or an adult with a childlike view of the world with 0 experience paying for a place to live, tbh

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Nobody Interesting posted:

It's not Quakers, but it does boggle the mind that in a housing market like this people think weird stipulations are somehow reasonable

seems like they want a substitute parent more than anything else

anyway im Gay

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

seems like they want a substitute parent more than anything else

anyway im Gay

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Great, now I'm having flashbacks to the time when I was in college, trying to find housing. Every group was looking only for the perfect new best friend, who had to share all of their values, no compromises accepted, down to the favorite cocktail.

Well, except for the guy who was looking for a female roommate only and wrote he'd do all the chores and she wouldn't even have to pay rent. Not sure if he thought that would get him laid or had a fetish, but I hope no woman went near him.

On a more entertaining note, there was the guy looking for a room big enough that he could convert half of it into a terrarium for his boa. I hope this guy found some likeminded roommates and is living his best life.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
“Nothing I’m unwilling to lose!!!”

::goes to ‘reeducation camp’ because he isn’t willing to lose his license::

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

“abit” is even worse than “alot”.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

amegabit

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Assuming it was a weird fetish thing and he didn't force himself on her I kinda hope that guy who wanted to do all the cleaning and cooking and not have her pay rent found a woman to be his roommate. He'd be happy, she doesn't have to pay rent for a year, seems win/win.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hope you found a place, Gamemaster Anthony

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Did they decrease because of the new law or just because they've been decreasing for years and this is part of that continued trend?

Coolness Averted posted:

That one just feels sad, like it's a kid or an adult with a childlike view of the world with 0 experience paying for a place to live, tbh
Yeah I dunno, it feels like someone who's got pretty severe social problems and doesn't really understand how this works or how to live with other people and is writing this out of frustration and naive hope.

Vib Rib has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Jan 17, 2024

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
written on a typewriter i like to believe

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Air Skwirl posted:

Assuming it was a weird fetish thing and he didn't force himself on her I kinda hope that guy who wanted to do all the cleaning and cooking and not have her pay rent found a woman to be his roommate. He'd be happy, she doesn't have to pay rent for a year, seems win/win.

to any seattle goons like this: dm me

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

New gangtag?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Runcible Cat posted:

New gangtag?

*gaytag

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Runcible Cat posted:

New gangtag?

I've already requested it

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Is it also called the LRT in Calgary or do they call it the Ctrain exclusively? Up until a few years ago in YEG they might have actually been able to find something in that price range. Alberta sucks for many reasons but I'm willing to live in an old-rear end building and can get a 1br downtown for sub 1k still, including my parking.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

uranium grass posted:

Is it also called the LRT in Calgary or do they call it the Ctrain exclusively? Up until a few years ago in YEG they might have actually been able to find something in that price range. Alberta sucks for many reasons but I'm willing to live in an old-rear end building and can get a 1br downtown for sub 1k still, including my parking.

Definitely heard it referred to as either or, I think it's mainly an out of town thing to call it LRT?

I call it LRT when phoning home, because England "the train" is a ubiquitous piece of equipment that takes you to any city you like.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Inceltown posted:

I've already requested it

Didn't think you could just request to be gay. I thought there was a program of some kind?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Push El Burrito posted:

Didn't think you could just request to be gay. I thought there was a program of some kind?
I think you have to wait until there's a mandate.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Push El Burrito posted:

he's just doing transmaxxing, but an entire town at the same time

(do not look that up if you aren't already cursed with knowledge)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

tokin opposition posted:

Is that related to TJ?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

they legalized a kind of gun crime and gun crime rates went down? amazing!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'll find my roommate
Who took my roommate

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

tokin opposition posted:

I should have listened to your advice

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Mx. posted:

I should have listened to your advice

Do not doubt me in the future

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

uranium grass posted:

That's gotta be Calgary, there's no lrt in the North West of YEG. There might be a west line in the next 5 years but that's depending on testing and idiot drivers not running into it.

Fake edit: plus the Stamps reference. Dead giveaway.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

DarkDobe posted:

Should I bother trying to read Pact and Twig if I found Worm to be middling on average? Some good stuff absolutely bogged down by those parts you described so succinctly.
I loved Twig and quite liked Pact and have come around on appreciating it more in hindsight. I'd honestly just give each of them a try of a couple chapters to see if you like them. Something to keep in mind is that Worm is the first thing he wrote and actually put out there and he does absolutely improve over time as a writer, even if I've got my criticisms of how over-invested he can get in the fandom and specifically trying to get blunter and blunter if people are having abysmal media literacy instead of just letting the story flow as planned.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

PetraCore posted:

I loved Twig and quite liked Pact and have come around on appreciating it more in hindsight. I'd honestly just give each of them a try of a couple chapters to see if you like them. Something to keep in mind is that Worm is the first thing he wrote and actually put out there and he does absolutely improve over time as a writer, even if I've got my criticisms of how over-invested he can get in the fandom and specifically trying to get blunter and blunter if people are having abysmal media literacy instead of just letting the story flow as planned.

i'm about 9/10ths of the way thru worm (so. many. goddamn. words.) and I've seen the improvement just from chapter to chapter, thanks for hyping me for the later works.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

tokin opposition posted:

i'm about 9/10ths of the way thru worm (so. many. goddamn. words.) and I've seen the improvement just from chapter to chapter, thanks for hyping me for the later works.

Later Wildbow works get gayer and gayer. I don't really need or even expect queer representation in stuff I read but drat if it isn't nice to have an author that will just do it and not make a big deal about it. And not just the classic same sex attraction kind of representation, but really a whole grab bag of fun with gender stuff

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

tokin opposition posted:

Do not doubt me in the future

why don't they listen :confuoot:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

hitler was a socialest everyone knows :shuckyes:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

hitler was a socialest everyone knows :shuckyes:

I want to kidnap Musk and tattoo "North Korea is a democracy because it has the word democratic in its official name" on his massive beer cum hormone gut.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it always amazes me how powerful the myth that "rich people are smart, that's how they got rich" still is

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Flesh Forge posted:

it always amazes me how powerful the myth that "rich people are smart, that's how they got rich" still is

I think most people who become rich (not inherited wealth) are probably smart. I also think they are mostly evil loving bastards. If you aren't born rich you need a combination of smart and evil to get there unless you're a once in a generation pop star or athlete.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

lmao see?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

his massive beer cum hormone gut.

I don't think beer is supposed to cum

Adbot