Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

This is stuff she deleted before there was ever even a trial
Ok then that's not really a problem and trump ranting about deleted evidence is, as always, way off the mark

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alina Habba's so bad at this poo poo they call her Miss Trial :haw:

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Are those J/O crystals on his head?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

nine-gear crow posted:

Alina Habba's so bad at this poo poo they call her Miss Trial :haw:

post itt every time you lol that Trump's lawyer is Miss Trial

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

mobby_6kl posted:

Ok then that's not really a problem and trump ranting about deleted evidence is, as always, way off the mark

I'm pretty sure at this point, you can discount everything coming from within a mile of donald "TRUMP" as horseshit

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

kazil posted:

the law understander weighs in

I know people like to think that Trump is misinterpreting his trials to get the cult riled up, but as time goes on I am more and more convinced that he genuinely thinks what he's doing is how the law is supposed to work.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The entire series of questions was setup for Trump to complain about unfair trials, let's not read into if it was a genuine law tactic. Because Alina Habba isn't practicing law. She's working the court to get donations for TRUMP.

We really should have laws against this.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

lmao

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Thank you, Mr. Pmurté

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Thank you, Mr. Pmurté

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

mobby_6kl posted:

Wouldn't gmail likely retain some information even if she "deleted" the emails from her inbox?

If she was told to retain evidence and deleted it then than's pretty bad but if they just need this information it can probably still be found.
they retain information if they're served a warrant to do so, and good luck justifying one of those on the basis of "i can't stop defaming my rape victim"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Random Stranger posted:

I know people like to think that Trump is misinterpreting his trials to get the cult riled up, but as time goes on I am more and more convinced that he genuinely thinks what he's doing is how the law is supposed to work.

oh he absolutely 100% honest to god believes he's in the right on everything

he knows that he hosed up, it's just that he absolutely 100% honest to god believes he's in the right on everything

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

like every boomer, Trump thinks there's always one weird trick you can do to get out of anything

Michael Cohen is a liar? MISTRIAL
E Jean Carroll deleted death threats? MISTRIAL
Server room flooded with pool water? MISTRIAL!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Do we get to take bets on how much trump will owe after this trial? My bet is a bigger number than what Rudy owes.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The entire series of questions was setup for Trump to complain about unfair trials, let's not read into if it was a genuine law tactic. Because Alina Habba isn't practicing law. She's working the court to get donations for TRUMP.

We really should have laws against this.

How would you even have laws against this? His lawyer is going to be disbarred and he could be found in contempt and thrown in jail under the existing legal framework. The issue is no one is actually using the tools they have to censure them.

Vire fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 17, 2024

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

RocketRaygun posted:

Do we get to take bets on how much trump will owe after this trial? My bet is a bigger number than what Rudy owes.

Two-fifty million

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

that's john barron

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1747747074525798910
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1747747405003391302

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

jokes posted:

that's john barron

Juan Barron

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The trumpquote to end all trumpquotes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

Add in a sports bet for a Trifecta!

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Is there any law for someone who is found guilty of defamation and then repeatedly does it over and over forever or do they just need to have trials till he is dead? I don’t know what the actual punishment for doing something like this is supposed to be.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I agree that trump suffering damages sounds like a good idea

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Given Trumbo's infamous tactic of delay everything until the problem goes away, what's the chance of this judge putting a Must Pay By on these damages? Awarding damages doesn't mean jack all until they're paid.

In a related question, what's the over/under of the same. Show your working.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

"I Should Be Given Money" is the name of his next book (that was written by someone else)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

like every boomer, Trump thinks there's always one weird trick you can do to get out of anything

Michael Cohen is a liar? MISTRIAL
E Jean Carroll deleted death threats? MISTRIAL
Server room flooded with pool water? MISTRIAL!

I mean his other options are delay the trial until he's president again and/or dead or get a slip a chud on to the jury and hope they say nothing but "not guilty" until they hang the jury.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

wow nobody wants to work anymore

edit - also, that isn't New Hampshire, he just made an "nh" sound when they asked where he was headed

double edit - he was pooping

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Question: Does Trump know he's creating an alternate reality (in that right wing media will echo his claims, his followers will believe whatever they say, it will become fact for a certain percentage of the population), or is this just how he operates?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean his other options are delay the trial until he's president again and/or dead or get a slip a chud on to the jury and hope they say nothing but "not guilty" until they hang the jury.

he could shut up

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I should just become a lawyer tbh. Seems easy.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

emSparkly posted:

I should just become a lawyer tbh. Seems easy.

most states require you to go to law school, forcing you into debt or rewarding you for being born into the right family

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

jokes posted:

most states require you to go to law school, forcing you into debt or rewarding you for being born into the right family

And what about these states with no schoolin required?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

he could shut up

My friend, we both know there are two things in this world that Donald Trump will never do: pay up, or shut up.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Really putting the Dersh on

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

redshirt posted:

And what about these states with no schoolin required?

you have to apprentice anyways or basically work instead of go to school (and sometimes pass a test that's probably harder than the bar and law school)

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

kazil posted:

he could shut up

I think it’s perfectly apparent by now that he can’t.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao EJC defamation lawsuit #3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007