Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Learn the shortcut keys. Yes. The interface is something.

The game runs on 1 second server ticks. The interface is built around this restriction, and the game is a 2.5D submarine simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I just loaded into the game for the first time as a badass-looking corporation gunner, and this interface is anything unlike I've ever seen. What the hell...

lmao the eve thread made you stop winning eve

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

A Bad King posted:

Learn the shortcut keys. Yes. The interface is something.

The game runs on 1 second server ticks. The interface is built around this restriction, and the game is a 2.5D submarine simulator.

At least the game looks insane. Lots of detail.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

So, the tutorial let me die. Nice. The scale here is also kinda bonkers.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
The scale is bonkers. You have some systems 90 AU across. You have an entire separate cluster you can only travel to through wormholes, and it's just as large as the main cluster with the stargates. You have approximately 30k players online at peak hours, and they all wouldn't mind killing you.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I'm ready to raid corporations with the FEDs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I'd delete that in-game self-doxx but also you're just setting yourself up for donations now.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

A Bad King posted:

I'd delete that in-game self-doxx but also you're just setting yourself up for donations now.

What's posted is posted. Live by the forum rules, and die by the forum rules.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

do not play eve online

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

do not play eve online

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Holy loving lol you are about to understand Eve online very quickly

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Coasterphreak posted:

Holy loving lol you are about to understand Eve online very quickly

No. I don't understand why I can't use a joystick to fly my frigate.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

No. I don't understand why I can't use a joystick to fly my frigate.

you are playing the wrong game, nice things turn and run in the other direction as fast as actually possible

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Coasterphreak posted:

you are playing the wrong game, nice things turn and run in the other direction as fast as actually possible

I can see that. Click this, click that, click click click

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

The only fun thing about the game is being able to shitpost about it, so I’m currently enjoying myself greatly

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Coasterphreak posted:

The only fun thing about the game is being able to shitpost about it, so I’m currently enjoying myself greatly

You need to get some intact armor plates from a crate, and neut some folks in a Curse. That'll help.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Bad King posted:

You need to get some intact armor plates from a crate, and neut some folks in a Curse. That'll help.

why would I train Caldari

why would anyone

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
can i bring my drake tengu?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Coasterphreak posted:

nightmare
barghest
orthrus
garmur
caracal
gila
navy hookbill
phoenix navy
griffin
kitsune

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Coasterphreak posted:

why would anyone

Curse is uh.... Amarr.

The Amarr neuting rude boy.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Coasterphreak posted:

why would anyone

Kaysette posted:

average jackdaw enjoyer

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
The eve interface is very much like remoting into a VM at work that just happens to also be in space.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

A Bad King posted:

The scale is bonkers. You have some systems 90 AU across. You have an entire separate cluster you can only travel to through wormholes, and it's just as large as the main cluster with the stargates. You have approximately 30k players online at peak hours, and they all wouldn't mind killing you.

Thera is 342 AU across :sun:

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Basically carpal tunnel simulator. Except, not a simulator.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I just loaded into the game for the first time as a badass-looking corporation gunner, and this interface is anything unlike I've ever seen. What the hell...

Welcome to EVE.

Sadly, this is actually a great improvement. Back when I started playing in Winter 2012/2013, the interface confused me so much I stopped playing for a few months after first contact.

Only reading in this forum what people were actually doing in-game made me realize that my brain had just misinterpreted everything the game had told me, and tried again. Nowadays at least the tutorial is less poo poo!

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Bad King posted:

Curse is uh.... Amarr.

not Ishtar, don't care

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

A Bad King posted:

Curse is uh.... Amarr.

Skanid victor

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Are there any highsec old man goon corps?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
I can't believe this needs to be said, but here we go anyway:

Don't get your loving alliance logo tattooed on you

Don't get the actual progression of alliance logos tattooed on you

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Xolve posted:

he got a penis shaped unrequested gentle caress train with a fatbee on it.

wow

ded fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 21, 2024

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
that's dedication right there

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Xolve posted:

so this is goonfleet 2024, huh?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Rudeboy Detective posted:

so this is goonfleet 2024, huh?

No, luckily this is on the body of a pubbie who left ascee to join turbo (which has a waifu riding a torpedo as its logo.) He must really miss ascee.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

do not play eve online

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

eve online more like eve offline lol

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
If anyone wants some care bear drama. Director AAR is set to members and alumni only.

“ 🗒️ **WHC AAR Readers Collection** 🗒️

With the Director AAR now being published it has been brought to my attention that a one-stop collection point for all the AARs touching on the WHC eviction shortly before Christmas would not be a bad idea, hence this soft-ping.

- *Director AAR*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=128420 More than just an AAR, it is also sort of a State of the Uni report, I would personally suggest that everyone reads it even if they are not interested in the WHC side of things. It is long, yes, but worthwhile. Also make sure to check the comments, time permitting

- *FC Team AAR*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=128386 Written by Gideon and the FC Team, it provides a strategic overview of the eviction and the surrounding timeframe

- *Last Stand AAR*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=128251 The boots-on-the-ground AAR by Archemide who was FC for the last stand during the hull timer of The Rock, it also includes a link to a video of the fleet itself

Other AARs and discussions:

- *Friendly Pitchfork Rally*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=128372 A discussion event held by members of the WHC and organized by Professor Academiac to have a grassroots discussion about the WHC eviction, the future of WHC and events surrounding it. The summary will be up soon

- *White 0rchid's/Lonez' Open Letter*: <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_c0Sgpnj9P3dUNhwX6tHmEVLoKCQhdd-evA-Cal8d6c/edit#heading=h.31oodaast7qv> An AAR/open letter that predates the official ones above and also goes into the past, present and possible future of the WHC

- *Arps'/Zeeroak's podcast*: <https://declarationsofwar.com/269-grinches/> one of EVE's longest running podcasts where Zeeroak gives a recounting of the WHC eviction and lessons learned, it predates some of the AARs

And there you are, if you haven't done so already, you have a lot of reading ahead! 😇”

salartarium fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 23, 2024

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

salartarium posted:

If anyone wants some care bear drama. Director AAR is set to members and alumni only.

“ 🗒️ **WHC AAR Readers Collection** 🗒️

With the Director AAR now being published it has been brought to my attention that a one-stop collection point for all the AARs touching on the WHC eviction shortly before Christmas would not be a bad idea, hence this soft-ping.

- *Director AAR*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=128420 More than just an AAR, it is also sort of a State of the Uni report, I would personally suggest that everyone reads it even if they are not interested in the WHC side of things. It is long, yes, but worthwhile. Also make sure to check the comments, time permitting

- *FC Team AAR*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=128386 Written by Gideon and the FC Team, it provides a strategic overview of the eviction and the surrounding timeframe

- *Last Stand AAR*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=186&t=128251 The boots-on-the-ground AAR by Archemide who was FC for the last stand during the hull timer of The Rock, it also includes a link to a video of the fleet itself

Other AARs and discussions:

- *Friendly Pitchfork Rally*: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=128372 A discussion event held by members of the WHC and organized by Professor Academiac to have a grassroots discussion about the WHC eviction, the future of WHC and events surrounding it. The summary will be up soon

- *White 0rchid's/Lonez' Open Letter*: <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_c0Sgpnj9P3dUNhwX6tHmEVLoKCQhdd-evA-Cal8d6c/edit#heading=h.31oodaast7qv> An AAR/open letter that predates the official ones above and also goes into the past, present and possible future of the WHC

- *Arps'/Zeeroak's podcast*: <https://declarationsofwar.com/269-grinches/> one of EVE's longest running podcasts where Zeeroak gives a recounting of the WHC eviction and lessons learned, it predates some of the AARs

And there you are, if you haven't done so already, you have a lot of reading ahead! 😇”

what

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

tl;dr

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

this is all of the context around Eve Unis WH division getting evicted by a bunch of high-class WH freaks and associated parasites. there's a shorter video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
some days you're the worm and some days you're the hole