Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1747325457966789119?t=BfRW_krnKz3_j31Ic_u54A&s=19

poo poo sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Penisaurus Sex posted:

It's also useful to note that Vanguard and companies like them don't make more money by their assets inflating in value: they're fees-based.

This means that the implication is that these asset manager companies are mostly interested in owning as much of the publicly traded stock market as possible, *not* just the pieces that show the most profitability (or whatever passes for that nowadays, you get what I mean).

Seems like a clear distinction from the preceding framework of stockholders being motivated by a return on their investment -- eg. profitability of stock transactions.

Asset Manager Capitalism as a Corporate Governance Regime

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

skooma512 posted:

Xaris and I are gonna be rich off our Costco stocks

that’s right

god bless goons and TikToks and shareholder value board of directors for all these sick tendies

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/rondakaysen/status/1747736036732518627

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Knowing the NYTimes most of the article will be landlords whining about how the state makes them repair their apartments and how hard they have it

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I loving knew it. I was trying to search for a book I own but didn't have in my office this week and had to give up because there was just nothing there, no matter how I tweaked the search.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Media meltdown continues with Pitchfork getting axed. It's turned into a complete shell of its former self and is just a blatant content mill handing out 7s/8s to any label that's going to pony up for it, honestly feels like another victim of the times now that things have shifted to vibes based Spotify/Apple Music playlists.

https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/1747693175886533044

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Beached Whale posted:

Knowing the NYTimes most of the article will be landlords whining about how the state makes them repair their apartments and how hard they have it

she’s gonna get at least one offer to buy that list

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Penisaurus Sex posted:

It's also useful to note that Vanguard and companies like them don't make more money by their assets inflating in value: they're fees-based.

This means that the implication is that these asset manager companies are mostly interested in owning as much of the publicly traded stock market as possible, *not* just the pieces that show the most profitability (or whatever passes for that nowadays, you get what I mean).

Seems like a clear distinction from the preceding framework of stockholders being motivated by a return on their investment -- eg. profitability of stock transactions.

This is true, but the reason they are interested in broad ownership of publicly traded companies in the first place is of course because they have an expectation of returns--if not for themselves directly, then at least on behalf of the shareholders they effectively represent.

My point is that the control these asset managers exert on firms is more centralized and direct than just "shareholders of competing firms in a market economy maximizing profits", and that this structure serves the interests of big-C capital collectively, even though asset managers themselves have an only indirect relationship to the profitability of the firms they own. In any case I think it's wrong to dismiss the notion that large asset management companies exert influence on the firms they own, or that this centralization of ownership doesn't have ramifications

Actually what webcams for christ posted articulates this better than I could so I will just link the paper he posted again:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

i got laid off lol

thanks jpow

owned lol. two of my friends have the axe dangling over them, layoffs coming across different depts

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Beached Whale posted:

Media meltdown continues with Pitchfork getting axed. It's turned into a complete shell of its former self and is just a blatant content mill handing out 7s/8s to any label that's going to pony up for it, honestly feels like another victim of the times now that things have shifted to vibes based Spotify/Apple Music playlists.

I give Pitchfork a 6.8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beached Whale posted:

Nice. End of an era.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Vanguard like vaguely pretends that you can dictate their priorities for the funds that they're investing in on your behalf but like literally no one exercises those rights at all.

their fees are pretty low tho

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Now this is the good poo poo.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

my boss got forced out due to politicking today related to a recent project. we used to talk about dropping acid at Grateful Dead shows, and it’s an extremely corporate place, so it was probably overdue. going to miss my 9-4 schedule when the new boss cracks the whip.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

:siren:https://www.applebees.com/en/specials/date-night-pass:siren:

it's $30 per visit, what will that even buy you lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

*boner sound*

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

When you're feelin' really fancy and want to treat your date.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

me and who

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1747708990656532987

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

Would if Chili's

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

In Training posted:

owned lol. two of my friends have the axe dangling over them, layoffs coming across different depts

yea. oh well. time to take a nice nap

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

that's just about everyone

011624_5
Jan 17, 2024
The bourgeoisie continue to receive super-credit 3 years beyond Actual Bankruptcy? All sorts of Poverty actually begins out of no where impacting them [thread title]? 3 years after the official deadline [COVID]? All because the bourgeoisie cannot symbolize Immediate Bankruptcy?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

actionjackson posted:

that's just about everyone

theyre looking for renters who are willing to be humiliated for not being "fiscally responsible"

011624_5
Jan 17, 2024
No renter found.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Would if Chili's

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

derivative suits seems like they have had more influence as outsiders than institutional investors

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

Passes will discount up to $30 of food and non-alcoholic beverages only per use.
Passes do not include tax, gratuity, alcohol, retail (including gift cards) or fees.
Your Applebee’s Date Night Pass cannot be used with any other offer.
Applebee’s Date Night Passes cannot be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, damaged or used without authorization.

amazing deal!

Jan 18, 2024
derivative suits seems like they are larger/stronger than institutional investors :thunk:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I love numbers guy because I wouldn't have anyone to probe for weeks and weeks otherwise and I can put jokes and ads in the leper colony.

Be sure to check out Smut's new single "18 tons" on Spotify, Youtube or whereever the hell you get your music.

Apr 7, 2003

011624_5 posted:

The bourgeoisie continue to receive super-credit 3 years beyond Actual Bankruptcy? All sorts of Poverty actually begins out of no where impacting them [thread title]? 3 years after the official deadline [COVID]? All because the bourgeoisie cannot symbolize Immediate Bankruptcy?

god bless this man

Apr 7, 2003

When you post, he pays for the bandwidth

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

he should be given a bulk discount on reregs or something - 8 grand for 1000 re-regs

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Morbus posted:

This is true, but the reason they are interested in broad ownership of publicly traded companies in the first place is of course because they have an expectation of returns--if not for themselves directly, then at least on behalf of the shareholders they effectively represent.

My point is that the control these asset managers exert on firms is more centralized and direct than just "shareholders of competing firms in a market economy maximizing profits", and that this structure serves the interests of big-C capital collectively, even though asset managers themselves have an only indirect relationship to the profitability of the firms they own. In any case I think it's wrong to dismiss the notion that large asset management companies exert influence on the firms they own, or that this centralization of ownership doesn't have ramifications

Actually what webcams for christ posted articulates this better than I could so I will just link the paper he posted again:

see this is a good explanation, that tiktok sucked

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

doing gods work.

011724_5
Jan 18, 2024
"if the loans come up short nothing bad will happen"

011724_5
Jan 18, 2024

RadiRoot posted:

doing gods work.

the brutal struggle that is Existence

011724_5
Jan 18, 2024

shrike82 posted:

he should be given a bulk discount on reregs or something - 8 grand for 1000 re-regs

2 grand a month dawggg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

I think this guy should be unbanned