Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

Taima posted:

You're a traveler and don't care about free trips and hotel stays? Fair enough friend. All is accepted in the church.

Without the Sapp Reserve I never would have gotten to experience the sublime Andaz Papagayo, man, good times.

Anyways it's not worth a derail beyond this, just wanted to let people know what else they could do.

I mean that's good to know, I only have two credit cards, I've not traveled outside the US in 20+ years (not counting an ill-fated cruise to Mexico), and I'm a lazy gently caress. If I plan any real trips I'd probable consider going this route.

Anyway, back to church chat, the Issaquah location scanning cards was big enough that it hit the local Seattle newscast on KIRO, our CBS affiliate. Betting this rolls out to all Costco locations by Easter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

Do they explain what the point of it is? Right now there's a person at the door looking at your card when you come in, and they want a device at the door to scan your card at and .... presumably a person next to the machine to make sure you actually do it? I don't get it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bread Enthusiast posted:

Do they explain what the point of it is? Right now there's a person at the door looking at your card when you come in, and they want a device at the door to scan your card at and .... presumably a person next to the machine to make sure you actually do it? I don't get it.

Eventually no there probably won’t be a person there that’s the whole point of the machine.

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

And then we all walk past the machine. Unless they install a gate or something.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Maybe if you try to check out with a card that didn't get scanned at the entrance you'll get scolded or banned from the food court for a month or something. You gonna risk losing access to that $1.50 1/4 POUND PLUS ALL BEEF HOT DOG AND 20oz. SODA (With Refill)? I didn't think so

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

DkHelmet posted:

It’s basically hibachi flavor in a bottle

And it's real fuckin good

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

Someone talk me out of this

Its overpriced and really good flashlights nowadays don't use any traditional cell batteries like that.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

w00tmonger posted:

Bachans bbq sauce is so good, and Im going to be real upset when it eventually disappears.

Very clearly not going to be one of those forever items

It's been at my co for at least 2 years.

I actually prefer the spicy version more - it's available at Whole Foods.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

w00tmonger posted:

imgur being weird on phone

so so good

I walked past it today, thinking about how I don't have room for it in my fridge. I might just reconsider.

I also figured out the cookie conundrum. Get a cookie and a vanilla ice cream and mush em up together. Simple.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

w00tmonger posted:

imgur being weird on phone

so so good

It serves so many purposes, it is good

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Safety Dance posted:

I also figured out the cookie conundrum. Get a cookie and a vanilla ice cream and mush em up together. Simple.

I'd still want milk with it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

:wrong:

I’ll give them the half a chicken bake because those are gross.

Half of a hot dog as a serving is dumb bad and wrong.

You can just eat two you know

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Busseto recall from Costco I wondered why I’ve had diarrhea nonstop for the last two weeks

https://www.today.com/today/amp/rcna134691

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

Busseto recall from Costco I wondered why I’ve had diarrhea nonstop for the last two weeks

you sure it wasn't something you "cooked"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cravin a dog and a slice rn

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Be the change you wish to see

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

the shoddy worksman always blames the tools

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I went to church on the second day of our portion of the snowstorm and it was a ghost town. I was able to browse the store at my leisure and enjoyed a hot dog on my way out. 10/10 Costco experience.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

"Coscto" in the article title. guess the AI shops at Sam's

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Got a cheese slice and the greatly maligned chicken bake (with added onion and mustard ofc). Satisfied.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Who puts mustard on a chicken calzone what a weirdo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Got a cheese slice and the greatly maligned chicken bake (with added onion and mustard ofc). Satisfied.

You appear to have the culinary sensibilities of a hallucinating AI. Bravo?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Who puts mustard on a chicken calzone what a weirdo

quote:

Costco: delicious meal ideas on page 257!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I tear down the walls of the culinary world

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

Someone talk me out of this

Don't get that, this is the only flashlight you'll ever need: https://www.amazon.com/Coast-30325-XPH30R-Rechargeable-Headlamp/dp/B08L8CQPPL

Runs on normal 18650 cell (included), recharges directly from USB-C without removing the battery, waterproof, can hold it in your hand, wear it on your head, has a magnet on the side so you can stick it to your car frame, has a twist lens to zoom it into a beam, hold the button for 60 seconds of Stupid-Bright, pocketable enough to be an every day carry. Feels way higher quality then the aliexpress lights I used before.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 19, 2024

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

but can i use it tactically on woodsmen who try to stab me

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

Yes if you have it focused to a beam it will disable anyone you look towards.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

Yeah let's be real, we all want a flashlight that can also double as a bludgeon. I would have grabbed that Costco one had I seen it, all the ones I own are tiny.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

AcidCat posted:

Yeah let's be real, we all want a flashlight that can also double as a bludgeon. I would have grabbed that Costco one had I seen it, all the ones I own are tiny.

I feel like the hands-free flashlight plus knife is better combo and one you're more likely to have on you. Clubbing someone with the old D-battery Maglite is a cop thing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Don't get that, this is the only flashlight you'll ever need: https://www.amazon.com/Coast-30325-XPH30R-Rechargeable-Headlamp/dp/B08L8CQPPL

Runs on normal 18650 cell (included), recharges directly from USB-C without removing the battery, waterproof, can hold it in your hand, wear it on your head, has a magnet on the side so you can stick it to your car frame, has a twist lens to zoom it into a beam, hold the button for 60 seconds of Stupid-Bright, pocketable enough to be an every day carry. Feels way higher quality then the aliexpress lights I used before.

That’s a head lamp.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

I feel like the hands-free flashlight plus knife is better combo and one you're more likely to have on you. Clubbing someone with the old D-battery Maglite is a cop thing.

Yeah I can see the logic. But the appeal of the flashlight bludgeon goes beyond cop, it's a primal caveman mode.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

That’s a head lamp.

You can pop it out of that clip and then it's a flashlight. Anyway they said to talk them outta that chonker and that was my practical alternative, namaste.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

You can pop it out of that clip and then it's a flashlight. Anyway they said to talk them outta that chonker and that was my practical alternative, namaste.

Yeah I get that but it’s not shaped like a flashlight. I don’t think that Costco one is a bad deal really. It’s $30 and comes with a rechargeable battery :shrug:

(I also don’t need another headlamp but I’ve put it on my wishlist for later drat you :argh: )

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You dont want a low quality headlamp or flashlight get something like this

SureFire HS3-A-BK Maximus Rechargeable Variable-Output LED Headlamp , black , 12V https://a.co/d/a9DMBBL

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

quote:

The Something Awful Forums
Main
General Bullshit
General Bullshit › Costco: great flashlight deals on page 326!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Got the cookie on Wednesday and it was real good but this one woman was open mouth coughing and I thought “I’m gonna get sick because of you” and I woke up today feeling like poo poo.

Cookie was good.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

They emailed me a recall notice a day or two ago, thankfully we hadn't opened the package yet.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

I've been trying to tell everyone that eating Bussyto will make you sick but nobody listens

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
tried the cookie today. it was ok. probably won't get another one, but my curiosity was satisfied.

wasn't super dry, but also was kinda crispy like an actual homemade cookie. probably all the butter crisping up, lol. just was kind of boring is all. give me an oatmeal raisini the size of my head, or something.

had it with the ice cream, which paired well. with how everyone talks about them i thought this would be way more filling of a combination than it was. these two are fine, but the dog+soda i also had on top of it was a bit much. i don't usually regret getting the dog, but this time i did a little bit

i guess part of what makes it seem not worth $2.50 is that i can make cookies whenever, but i can't easily make my own churros. much to think about

Raluek fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Went to Costco last night for a few things, bought a lot of things. Didn’t make it 50 feet into the store and I had $40 in stuff in the cart. drat Costco clothing prices get me all the time.