Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I was just confused why you do a plot about assassins if the best idea you have is that they show up dressed like Mario. None of them seemed that into actually trying to kill him - closest they ever get is strangling him. But beyond that there wasn't any real fun had with them. Mario could have had a fireball thrower. The cowboy could have had a whip. Just anything.

There's an episode of Venture Bros where the family is being hunted by assassins and each of them loving rocks. One guy is called 'Go Fish' and he kills strangling his victims with a fishing rod and throws chum on them to get sharks to eat them. Another is a Herr Trigger, a Klaus Kimski inspired sadist who is turned on but his guns.

It's kind of like they they couldn't afford a combat choreographer so we just get a weirdly cut warehouse chase scene instead.

Still an OK watch, but yeah. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I think none of it matters when the dude said that he could turn a profit off of anything that he could get made for 250K.

With that sort of mindset you’re not going to get a quality movie.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like that Ben Schwarz's most recent Instagram post is still the one that everyone commented "breast milk and salt and honey" on.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Love Scott pointing out in the latest Springsteen when Adam starts sounding like a minksalmon brother and he has no idea what he’s on about.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Empty Sandwich posted:

Comedy Bang! Bang! The Podcast (The Book) is on sale for 50% off at B&N.

Signed edition, too. I got an Aukerman/Daly/Tompkins

Gotta give props to this post; I bought the book because of the discount AND got the same combo of signatures. Very satisifed, C+ Deal!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I went into a physical store and got to pick my signatures! (the only other option was Aukerman/Baltz/Sullivan.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
My B&N shipping estimate was next Saturday, and it got here today! I got Scott, Andy Daly and Mantzoukas.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I was shopping around Christmas time and saw a book signed by the Threedom trio. I didn't pick it up because my wife was with me and she already feels bad about pre-ordering me an unsigned copy.

I wonder if it's still there...

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Hobo Clown posted:

I was shopping around Christmas time and saw a book signed by the Threedom trio. I didn't pick it up because my wife was with me and she already feels bad about pre-ordering me an unsigned copy.

I wonder if it's still there...

Buy it and sell it online to some Piss Pig

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

My book is going on a wild journey. Original estimate of the 25th, this morning that was updated to yesterday, just now it updated to the 23rd.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

RandolphCarter posted:

My book is going on a wild journey. Original estimate of the 25th, this morning that was updated to yesterday, just now it updated to the 23rd.

If it gets updated to the 32nd, you're probably hosed

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Book update: tracking says it will arrive Saturday. I’m holding it in my hands. Think ups tracking might be garbage. Got Scott, Tim Baltz, and a third that starts with an L that I cannot make out.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
lilyyily makes perfect sense, don’t question it

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RandolphCarter posted:

Book update: tracking says it will arrive Saturday. I’m holding it in my hands. Think ups tracking might be garbage. Got Scott, Tim Baltz, and a third that starts with an L that I cannot make out.

Lily Sullivan? Guessing they could've signed a bunch when they were in to record Hey Randy. Otherwise it's Lisa Gilroy, the only other L-named person Tim has been on CBB with in the last year.

In less fun LA comedy news, Mark Rennie had to have his colon removed due to a rare infection, and then he lost his job.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the CBB book is very good. I can hear Bob Ducca reading his list of Inner Childhood ailments in my head. Tonka Fucks. Gino Lombardo lists his "True Heroes of Long Island" that are his (real) favorite sandwiches at his (real) favorite delis along every stop of the LIRR Babylon line.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 18, 2024

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

lilyyily makes perfect sense, don’t question it

How else are you going to contact Jason Mantzoukas on social media.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Lily Sullivan went with a terrible stage name. Randomly looked her up on youtube and she's getting boxed out by a Lily Sullivan who was an apparent murder victim exploited for true crime content and a Lily Sullivan who starred in the popular Evil Dead Rise.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I think she's done one of those actresses as a character before on CCB.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I think she's done one of those actresses as a character before on CCB.

comedy comedy bang

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Dr Sweetchat is a pusher bot

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pak chooie unf

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Breadallelogram posted:

comedy comedy bang

chinese communist barty

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

RandolphCarter posted:

I got Scott, PFT and 1 or 2 more I can't make it out. I compared to some on Reddit and I don't think it's Baltz/Sullivan combo. Any guesses?

Edit: Checked out the Discord. Someone posted a similar one and Scott said it's Taran Killam and Ego Nwodim

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 23, 2024

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Been a while since we had a true misfire of an episode. I had a feeling something was up when I saw the sub-hour runtime.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I haven’t listened (and at this point probably won’t), what happened?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Natasha Lyonne shows up late - my guess is that they delayed the start of the recording waiting for her to arrive and she had a hard out, so the whole thing got cut short. She's there with Jacqueline Novak to promote Novak's new Netflix stand-up special; Novak seems nervous and her interview is flat. Alex Fernie and Sandy Honig's characters never really find second gear, and they've got very little time to play (Sandy's character especially feels like a half-formed idea, but she was brought in with like 19 minutes to go and 10 minutes of that are plug bag.) It's just a mess all around.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
To be fair, it must really take the wind out of your sails if you decide to go with "raspy voiced rocker girl" as your character and then Natasha Lyonne barges in.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I was wondering if she was purposefully doing a Lyonne impression at first but they never really lean into it. Shame, as Lyonne seemed game to riff with them.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
This book really need the voices in your head to work, doesn't it. Explaining to my girlfriend why I'm laughing is about as easy as explaining to her why the guy on this movie podcast is speaking with a fake British accent.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

GigaPeon posted:

This book really need the voices in your head to work, doesn't it. Explaining to my girlfriend why I'm laughing is about as easy as explaining to her why the guy on this movie podcast is speaking with a fake British accent.

it is kind of weird that they're keeping up the facade of sprague the whisperer on scott hasn't seen at this point, they wouldn't lose much if they dropped it

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

it is kind of weird that they're keeping up the facade of sprague the whisperer on scott hasn't seen at this point, they wouldn't lose much if they dropped it

Yeah, I mean, he barely has two clients at this point so pretending he's a "superproducer" at this point is just ridiculous.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
can't believe the hate for spraggy baby itt rn

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

that's what makes it good

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Hearing Diston speak in his regular voice is weird at this point. That he has to keep up the British accent that he frequently falls out of for what's a two hour movie review podcast is comedy gold.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
When Scott Hasn't Seen started, I was sorta bummed that Diston was doing the character. Now I realize I was a fool, and Spragoo is a vital part of what makes the show work.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It doesn’t bother me or anything, I just think it’s funny that he keeps up the character voice for this long, even though the conceit of actually playing the character got abandoned so fast and Scott is on there as his most genuine self

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Among my favorite bits on CCB that's only come up a handful of times is that every time Tom Lennon and Rob Huebel are on they recite word for word the same dialog they had from the very first episode. Complete with all the references to work they were doing back in 2009.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Man, Thomas Lennon hasn’t been on CBB in a long time, and I think the gap before the last time he was on was even longer than that

Guess that means he’s gotten more successful (and PFT is a total washup)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
when scott and shaun were on blank check to talk about trainspotting 2 the hosts were mildly confused about how to introduce shaun and he ended up doing the whole episode as sprague iirc

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

root beer posted:

Guess that means he’s gotten more successful (and PFT is a total washup)

And we are all better for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Hearing Diston speak in his regular voice is weird at this point. That he has to keep up the British accent that he frequently falls out of for what's a two hour movie review podcast is comedy gold.

I don't know much about him outside CBB but I figured Rudy North and the Plumber Guy was his regular voice.