Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
colded brew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

smoobles posted:

bad coffee kicks rear end when you're on a road trip in the early morning

yes

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Ball

WIDE MOUTH

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Insert balls into OP's wide mouth hahaha :hehe:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

How many balls can your wide mouth hold OP

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

DaysBefore posted:

Solemnly whispering a land acknowledgement before my first cup like I'm saying grace

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

DaysBefore posted:

Solemnly whispering a land acknowledgement before my first cup like I'm saying grace

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Dokapon Findom posted:

Insert balls into OP's wide mouth hahaha :hehe:

:eyepop:

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

enjoying my cup o' joe this mornin

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

snack soul posted:

just drank some coffee

same

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

filling up my jo mug

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Cup o greedo in the jar

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Enoying a nice medium Ethiopian decaf atm

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

lumpentroll posted:

filling up my jo mug

lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

rad

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

folks, I have a cautionary coffee tale for you all:

yesterday I went to the grocery store (the nice one that roasts their own beans) and bought two bags of beans: one medium roast, and one decaf (for the evenings). this store has a label printer where you weigh your coffee and label it.

well, late last night I made a cup of what I thought was decaf... little did I realize I'd labeled both bags as decaf!

I fully caff-blasted my brain and was up until 4am wondering what was wrong with me

luckly I used the late night to get ahead on some work, and this morning saw the two bags and realized what I had done! :)

the story has a happy ending: I've mixed the two bags together and now have half-caff beans which'll be a great change of pace, allowing me two cups per morning instead of one.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

looks good but u dont need the straw.... trying to protect your p[erfect little teethers? vain.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
personally im drinking coffee that was left in the pot yesterday. i put ice in a mug and then the room temp yesterday coffee in it. becomes ice coffee. really good. waste not want not

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

personally im drinking coffee that was left in the pot yesterday. i put ice in a mug and then the room temp yesterday coffee in it. becomes ice coffee. really good. waste not want not

yep

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

about to head out for a coffee, and then its off to work to order more coffee!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

smoobles posted:

yesterday I went to the grocery store (the nice one that roasts their own beans) and bought two bags of beans: one medium roast, and one decaf (for the evenings). this store has a label printer where you weigh your coffee and label it.

well, late last night I made a cup of what I thought was decaf... little did I realize I'd labeled both bags as decaf!

I fully caff-blasted my brain and was up until 4am wondering what was wrong with me

luckly I used the late night to get ahead on some work, and this morning saw the two bags and realized what I had done! :)

the story has a happy ending: I've mixed the two bags together and now have half-caff beans which'll be a great change of pace, allowing me two cups per morning instead of one.

one of these coffees always decafs, while the other gives only buzzes. which would you say guards the door to Snooze City

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Smythe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIaHw4fUNn8

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

smoobles posted:

a great way to double your potential coffee intake. nice work

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

coffee and cats. living the dream.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

eSports Chaebol posted:

theres v distinctly good bad coffee and bad bad coffee

Id argue coffee bad enough shouldnt be considered coffee. a guy I used to work with made a mean cup of joe and would add salt to the grind. I tried to recreate this once and it was the saltiest thing Ive ever tasted. Much rather have whatever watered down swill 7-11 is serving up any day of the week. At least thats coffee

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I love airplane coffee, a little bit of comfort at 30,000 feet. I love the little cups.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I made a mug of coffee to try and help me focus, but I was so sleepy I spilled half of it on me. Finished what was left but I'm still so sleepy

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

anyone have a favorite fair trade bean company? looking specifically for one that partners with local indigenous communities to bring jobs and opportunity to an otherwise impoverished region.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Starbucks

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

$4 for a cup of coffee is not a "fair trade"

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

smoobles posted:

yep

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

smoobles posted:

well, I'm willing to pay that extra buck to help the impoverished coffee farmers of the global south. sorry if you aren't.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yuo. Not a good look y'all.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

smoobles posted:

I love airplane coffee, a little bit of comfort at 30,000 feet. I love the little cups.

Something about the air on a plane that makes certain things taste better

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

yeah i'm eyeing the baratza encore, seems to be the consensus upgrade pick

can't tell you about brands because we have different ones, but the important thing is to get a burr grinder and not a blade "grinder". before pouring your beans into a blade grinder you might as well p our them in the trash, it has the same effect

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
not googling the model the quoted poster mentioned ftw.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i like my fellow ode v1 a lot except for the fact that it spews perfectly ground coffee all over my countertops

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I have a $10 off brand Javapresse manual coffee grinder that probably came off the same assembly line in China as the $40 version.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

coffeh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

teh