Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
actually gravity isn't real and in this retort I will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

shoeberto posted:

I bought a house where they did this with joists for the second floor and the whole second floor sagged in that direction AMA

What did you do to fix this

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Sold it to the next clown, obviously.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Installed a tub to impress the :females:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

brugroffil posted:

What did you do to fix this
You cut corresponding notches in the top of the joists to make them bend back in the other direction.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

actually gravity isn't real and in this retort I will

I'm looking forward to the post that explains how plumbing works inside the framework of plasma cosmology. I hope "skin effect" comes a up a lot.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Now I'm not a plumber, but other than the obvious joists issue, I'm also fairly sure that you'll never be able to get a snake past a T-junction set up like that. At least not without a fancy camera or something.

(I say this from personal experience, when a plumber did come to try to unclog a toilet in a rental I was in, and the pipes were set up like this, so the snake came up through the toilet of the neighbouring suite.)

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Lead out in cuffs posted:

The snake came up through the toilet of the neighbouring suite.)

I hope they timed it well.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Azza Bamboo posted:

Is this a "boop" situation, or an oil check?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
"Thank you, plumber: you cured my constipation"

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Azza Bamboo posted:

Lol it was 1am. The neighbour woke up to a weird noise coming from her bathroom, and walked in to see a thing straight out of a horror movie flailing around out of her toilet bowl.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Lol amazing.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Now I'm not a plumber, but other than the obvious joists issue, I'm also fairly sure that you'll never be able to get a snake past a T-junction set up like that. At least not without a fancy camera or something.

(I say this from personal experience, when a plumber did come to try to unclog a toilet in a rental I was in, and the pipes were set up like this, so the snake came up through the toilet of the neighbouring suite.)

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Lol it was 1am. The neighbour woke up to a weird noise coming from her bathroom, and walked in to see a thing straight out of a horror movie flailing around out of her toilet bowl.

There was a story I read online years ago where a plumber was astonished to find a whole shower curtain when he snaked a clogged toilet, and meanwhile the lady in the next apartment was freaking out about the giant claw that erupted from her toilet and ripped down her shower curtain.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I read about a directional drilling crew who was curious about the sudden ease of feeding pipe when someone came running over the rise and reported that their drill string surfaced out the opposing side of the hill, skittered along the road, and then nailed a minivans sliding door.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Arrath posted:

I read about a directional drilling crew who was curious about the sudden ease of feeding pipe when someone came running over the rise and reported that their drill string surfaced out the opposing side of the hill, skittered along the road, and then nailed a minivans sliding door.

They must have had a really lovely locator that day.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Arrath posted:

Somewhere in the Osha thread there was a video of one just casually cutting into the radiator of a jeep

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

You got a plumber to come out at 1am to unclog a toilet?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

You got a plumber to come out at 1am to unclog a toilet?

There's good money to be made as a shift guy at a 24hr plumber business.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think the question was less “how” and more “why”

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I remember ages ago a goon posted that they'd gone to Walmart to buy a twelve pack of beer, a toilet plunger, a bunch of towels, and various cleaning products. The cashier said "you must be having a hell of a night."

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
And that's why "good plunger" should be on the list of poo poo to check for/buy when you get a new house.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Should I start another huge derail of Americans not understanding that civilized peoples don't need plungers?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Let's not and say you didn't.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

And that's why "good plunger" should be on the list of poo poo to check for/buy when you get a new house.

Didn't Haier get banned?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I remember ages ago a goon posted that they'd gone to Walmart to buy a twelve pack of beer, a toilet plunger, a bunch of towels, and various cleaning products. The cashier said "you must be having a hell of a night."

A fella could have a pretty good weekend in Dallas with all of that stuff.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Should I start another huge derail of Americans not understanding that civilized peoples don't need plungers?

"In my county no child would ever even think to try and flush way too much toilet paper at once. Even if they did, they'd be told to unclog it with their hands and then wash themselves using our sink that has a separate tap for hot and cold water so they don't become soft like those decadent Americans"

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Cat Hatter posted:

"In my county no child would ever even think to try and flush way too much toilet paper at once. Even if they did, they'd be told to unclog it with their hands and then wash themselves using our sink that has a separate tap for hot and cold water so they don't become soft like those decadent Americans"

Hey, the English are as weird to us as they are to you.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I'm willing to let all Americans get grouped together if we get to group all non-Americans together too.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

What's that god awful waxed toilet paper y'all had over there in the UK?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Dude wipes are flushable*

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Cat Hatter posted:

I'm willing to let all Americans get grouped together if we get to group all non-Americans together too.

They're your weird ancestors, you get to keep them :colbert:

corgski posted:

What's that god awful waxed toilet paper y'all had over there in the UK?

Izal?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Where is this?

Ice says "Nordic country", toilet says "Japan"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cat Hatter posted:

Lmaooooooo gotem.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Other countries are envious of America's Big Shits. They covet our turds.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

Where is this?

Ice says "Nordic country", toilet says "Japan"

I have no context, beyond that if you zoom in, you see text that might be Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

We're gonna need a bigger plunger.