Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htGnW6YNPjs

Better or worse than Mutt dying in Vietnam and nazis shooting Romans?

Lol they're doing ley lines

First of May posted:

Indiana Jones and the 5.8 Metacritic Score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

First of May posted:

Indiana Jones and the 5.8 Metacritic Score

lol

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of todd

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htGnW6YNPjs

Better or worse than Mutt dying in Vietnam and nazis shooting Romans?

i didnt expect an indiana jones toddlike

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 19, 2024

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yoda booty dance

You wanna bet on a loving Yoda doing a booty dance?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Space Kablooey posted:

i didnt expect an indiana jones toddlike

It's more of an Indiana Jones Wolfenstein-like just to keep things incestuously self-referential.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

why the gently caress is todd touching it then

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Todd and indy just go together. Like todd and outer space, or todd and a live service game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Space Kablooey posted:

pet project

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Space Kablooey posted:

Machine Games is a subsidiary of Zenimax and their titles are published by Bethesda so they're all under Todd Howard.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arc Hammer posted:

Machine Games is a subsidiary of Zenimax and their titles are published by Bethesda so they're all under Todd Howard.

but that was always true, yet this is the first MG game he's overseeing himself

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

todd didnt touch the wolfenstein games

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well I dunno, maybe Todd just wants to dress up in a leather coat and pretend he's an archeologist or something and not a Peter Molyneux tier snake oil salesman.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

quote:

This was discovered in a pile of rubbish at the bottom of one of our trash bins. It's the score sheet for our very first Star Trek The Next Generation Trivia battle. This was, of course, before Mike lost by misunderstanding (or overthinking one might suggest) the final question, thus nullifying all of his winning up to this point. This piece of paper is a testament to a moment in time before Mike would return in the second episode and beat Rich Evans rear end into oblivion. Now, some at RLM INC™ have suggested "we've done too much TNG trivia" and that "we should wait 6 months to a year before we do part 3 of 10" to that I say, "Bollocks!" what do YOU think? Should Mike wipe the floor with Rich's flop sweat again? Let us know. - Krebs Gorlon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i find the trivia episodes light and funny

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like trivia program is as good a thing as any to transition to now that films and shows are over. There seems to be demand for it

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i like the trivia too. except there was one question i got before mike or rich and i felt sorry (for myself)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I hope Rich builds them a proper buzzer system at some point

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I hope mike breaks richs properly built buzzer system

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I hope mike breaks rich

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Sir Lemming posted:

To be clear, the main thing I doubt is that Shatner's daughter, specifically, is running his account. It probably is someone, I'm just not sure how it became her specifically.

it is allegedly run by his assistant paul camuso, crypto shill. alleged by reddit at least, whatever thats worth

love the trivia vids hope they never stop. itd be fun if they did a jeopardy format where they mix in all the different trivias, trek, lynch, bloodhound gang etc, with mike rich and jay competing, tim or mac hosting. or switch jay with tim or mac or get some other non josh non jack 4th

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just started Fargo S5. So Fargo has actual no-poo poo witch guys now? :confused:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
they should only do more star trek trivia if they make jay wear the man skirt uniform

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Outpost22 posted:

I hope mike breaks rich

you're decades too late

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ultimately mike broke himself in the process and rich endured. The lord-bondsman dialectic remains explanatory as ever in the modern day

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Sir Lemming posted:

To be clear, the main thing I doubt is that Shatner's daughter, specifically, is running his account. It probably is someone, I'm just not sure how it became her specifically.

it's some crypto scammer named paul camuso. he's been one of shat's handlers for years

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Non Compos Mentis posted:

they should only do more star trek trivia if they make jay wear the man skirt uniform

skant. do it

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

you have my attention

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

someone buy a dozen copies of this and mail em to the boys
https://a.co/d/9xDSQy5

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

just watched friedkin’s to live and die in l.a. after all these years. like everyone else, i am a fan of friedkin, dafoe, and extremely 80s films. but somehow this one didnt do it for me. had a bunch of twists and thrills but ultimately fell flat. honestly it was so extremely 80s with a fuckin wang chung soundtrack and an attempted reagan assassination that i was hoping would succeed. all of that was great but the film was disjointed and erratic. the dialogue was laughable almost all of the time. great special effects and car chases though.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It was all just a scam for Friedkin to gain fat stacks of counterfeit money

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Gutcruncher posted:

it’s rare for a director to just be straight out malicious like Lucas was in 1997.

Oh lucas definitely hates the star wars fan base. It's one of his most redeeming qualities. And also his worst, because there's a non zero chance he burns the original reels before he releases the pre special editions. He's a fascinating guy for good and ill

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

shouldnt it be 6 big features?

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

PostNouveau posted:

Point and click sidescroller is the only way Indiana Jones games should work.

Indiana Jones ripping off Tomb Raider is a real ouroboros.

it’s nothing new, indiana jones and the infernal machine (1999) plays identically to early tomb raider

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
https://x.com/PoorOldRoloTony/status/1748138161341915251?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So in another case of "what's the point of this?" Sony is turning another video game into a movie, this time the 2015 game Until Dawn.

You know, the game that is literally a movie with QuickTime events that homages 80s slasher films. Take out the gameplay and it's already a movie, it even has Remi Malek in it!

I also can't remember the name but a movie that was very obviously an inspiration for Until Dawn was on a Best of the Worst episode. About a vengeful guy who invites his former friends to an isolated ski lodge so he can start killing them.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

I also can't remember the name but a movie that was very obviously an inspiration for Until Dawn was on a Best of the Worst episode. About a vengeful guy who invites his former friends to an isolated ski lodge so he can start killing them.
Iced
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScgaYFvuBFM

Also has Silent Night Deadly Night 2. Good episode

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I was just listening to this podcast about Frank Schaefer, the guy who directed the documentary series How Should We Then Live? and Whatever Happened to the Human Race? which are largely credited for making abortion a major political issue for evangelical Christians and directly inspired multiple acts of violence against abortion providers including at least one murder.

Towards the end of the podcast the host says that Schaefer pivoted from Christian films and made several mainstream Hollywood movies, including the post-apocalyptic action movie Wired to Kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Arc Hammer posted:

So in another case of "what's the point of this?" Sony is turning another video game into a movie, this time the 2015 game Until Dawn.

You know, the game that is literally a movie with QuickTime events that homages 80s slasher films. Take out the gameplay and it's already a movie, it even has Remi Malek in it!

Striking while the iron is ice cold