Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Could you imagine Trump already being guilty on the 14th amendment in Maine, cranking his hog along for weeks, and then Nikki Haley has to be the candidate because he's ineligible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Toxic Mental posted:

Hal is currently living on a big open farm upstate where he can run and play with all the other IKs as much as he wants

I haven't seen Teen Witch in a bit either. Did she go there too?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Waffle House posted:

Could you imagine Trump … cranking his hog … for weeks

No I could not, thank you very much.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Any predictions on how the Supreme Court would rule on the states barring trump from being on the ballot?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Waffle House posted:

Could you imagine Trump already being guilty on the 14th amendment in Maine, cranking his hog along for weeks
I'd rather not, thanks

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Further proof the most dangerous place for kids is not with drag queens but with evangelicals

https://twitter.com/antifaoperative/status/1748035494640828443?s=20

Spare the rod, spoil the parents

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Piggy Smalls posted:

Any predictions on how the Supreme Court would rule on the states barring trump from being on the ballot?

My prediction is that ":byodood: STATES RIGHTS" won't be a central part of their ruling because it doesn't get them to the conclusion they are working backward from

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Piggy Smalls posted:

They will side with the Colorado supreme court because if they don't, the president isn't a president but really a dictator that people ask not to kill all their political opponents or refuse to leave office. They won't rule on whether or not it was an insurrection.

That'll lead to a ton of states removing Biden from the ballot because of "border treason" or something and a bunch more removing Trump for actual insurrection. Then the few swing states will have both and nothing will change as far as the election result is concerned (unless more swing states remove Trump), but then you have a president that like 50%+ didn't just not vote for, but *couldn't* vote for.

So basically, get a bunch of state-by-state partisan ballot purging, or give the president dictatorial powers.

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 19, 2024

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Stoatbringer posted:

Sorry, I forgot, Hunter's hog is objectively what actually cranks.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Stoatbringer posted:

yes you could...you're doing it right now even

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Agents are GO! posted:

I hope haljordan is doing well, wherever they are. :ohdear:

Being IK of this thread can drive one mad..........

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
And anyone said Nim-Rod-a yet? Filing a trademark now.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

They will side with the Colorado supreme court because if they don't, the president isn't a president but really a dictator that people ask not to kill all their political opponents or refuse to leave office. They won't rule on whether or not it was an insurrection.

That'll lead to a ton of states removing Biden from the ballot because of "border treason" or something and a bunch more removing Trump for actual insurrection. Then the few swing states will have both and nothing will change as far as the election result is concerned (unless more swing states remove Trump), but then you have a president that like 50%+ didn't just not vote for, but *couldn't* vote for.

So basically, get a bunch of state-by-state partisan ballot purging, or give the president dictatorial powers.

The easy way out is to say that its up to congress to enforce who can be disqualified not states.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Waffle House posted:

Could you imagine Trump already being guilty on the 14th amendment in Maine, cranking his hog along for weeks, and then Nikki Haley has to be the candidate because he's ineligible?

No

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

The easy way out is to say that its up to congress to enforce who can be disqualified not states.

Anybody else noticing how weird separation of power got in tyool 2024?

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

digital penitence posted:

Wait, she was born in 1972? I thought she was 10 years older. She's aging like Ron Desanctimonius.

This guy was only 39. Working for the dark side ages you prematurely.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Being IK of this thread can drive one mad..........

What does the IK stand for? I must be the only person who doesn't know and google gives me some weird answers that don't seem correct.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Barometer posted:

What does the IK stand for? I must be the only person who doesn't know and google gives me some weird answers that don't seem correct.

Incel King.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Barometer posted:

Idiot King; you're not a mod, you're an IK.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Barometer posted:

Internet Killer

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Barometer posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=66

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Common Brushtail Possum

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Thanks!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Common Brushtail Possum

David Mitchell

mystes
May 31, 2006

Barometer posted:

Instant karma, because mods and iks tend to milkshake duck themselves

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I was actually confused by the pictures of Nikki Haley and was wondering why Michelle Bachman was back in the news. They both do that deranged look really well.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Steadiman posted:

yes you could...you're doing it right now even

Yes, but I’m nearly there now.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

That would invalidate the state’s own constitutions and their supreme courts and laws. They can’t do that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

SCOTUS will say Trump smells like poo poo and ketchup and can't be president and then he will spend the rest of the year going to trial and then be in prison for the rest of his life.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
You know who in Trump's orbit I'm glad is no longer really around? Kellyanne. She was so god dang obnoxious. Every time she opened her mouth, you could practically smell through your monitor the mountain of pure lies that would then pour out.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Barometer posted:

the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti'

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Catastrophe posted:

You know who in Trump's orbit I'm glad is no longer really around? Kellyanne. She was so god dang obnoxious. Every time she opened her mouth, you could practically smell through your monitor the mountain of pure lies that would then pour out.

She's still doing the Right Wing Propaganda circuit, spreading lies and hate.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The most likely outcome is the court lays out exactly what they consider to be an "insurrection" for the sake of disqualifying a candidate. They come up with some test to apply and my guess is Trump doesn't quite fit by their standard with a qualifier that this might not be true later.

It'll put all of the states on the same page with the fourteenth, which is the major legal issue they have to resolve, while abdicating as much responsibility as they can, doesn't make the president a dictator, and gives them the political outcome they want.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

That would invalidate the state’s own constitutions and their supreme courts and laws. They can’t do that.

I agree, but it's what they're going to argue in Feb and it seems like a pretty easy out.

quote:

The state courts should have regarded congressional enforcement legislation as the exclusive means for enforcing section 3, as Chief Justice Chase held in In re Griffin, 11 F. Cas. 7, 26 (C.C.D. Va.1869) (Griffin’s Case). In addition, section 3 cannot be used to deny President Trump (or anyone else) access to the ballot, as section 3 prohibits individuals only from holding office, not from seeking or winning election to office.
https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/23/23-719/298125/20240118171750343_Trump%20v%20Anderson%20Petitioner%20Brief%20on%20the%20Merits.pdf

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Agents are GO! posted:

David Mitchell
"nacho cheese" flavoured doritos brand corn chips

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Trump had diarrhea dripping down his pant leg while he cheered for his vice president to be executed. Many such cases.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

redshirt posted:

She's still doing the Right Wing Propaganda circuit, spreading lies and hate.

Oh. I hadn't seen her around in a while...

:mad:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

He posting about Carroll again

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

kazil posted:

He posting about Carroll again

turns out he never even met her??

Adbot