Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It'd be neat if 3 of the 5 best players on the team were healthy. Welp, as Lamar goes so go we all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Thoughts on RG3. Running aside after the injury (and he could still scoot, just maybe not as much) he just stopped trusting his eyes or his ability to read coverage.

There's that photo pointing out 5 open receivers and he ends up throwing the ball away on the the play, that poo poo wasn't happening his rookie year, he'd just rip it. There was also the whole trying/demanding to become a pocket passer thing post injury--I don't think because he could not move, but because he thought it was better for his career--and that forced a whole deal with Shanahan who loved his roll outs at the very least fighting with Snyder who was all on board with RG3.

It was a weird time, there were a lot of things that went into him not working out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chalk me up with the non-believers of RG3 I never thought he was NFL quality and ran right into contact a lot on his own, too. His coaches sucked but I thought his early success was a bit of fool's gold. He's funny and also a salty bitch both can be true.

gently caress baylor also

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With distance the hardest I've laughed at a legit-serious sports tweet maybe ever

https://twitter.com/MarkMaske/status/1748368875765314038?s=20

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Good summary of the mess that is the Gruden/RGIII fight: https://sports.yahoo.com/robert-griffin-iii-jay-gruden-feud-enters-day-4-not-getting-any-less-sad-043153307.html

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Chalk me up with the non-believers of RG3 I never thought he was NFL quality and ran right into contact a lot on his own, too.

I think he had a chance to be a better passer than he was if he didn't go a little insane. But yeah he was always a straight line runner I thought.

You knew where he was going if you could get there first. He didn't have the shiftiness of Lamar or Vick, and he didn't have the size to not care about it like Cam for a while and Josh Allen now. Just top speed and unwillingness to do things that might save him a hit.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Interesting for the NFL-specific content, like Breer.

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1748392317973643499?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i really believe in lamar. his playmaking ability is second to none this year. jump passes, insane sideline throws after physically instructing mediocre players what to do while he's being chased around. stats or no stats. he is the best player there is in 2024. a true point guard. barring unforeseen circumstances, this is his super bowl season. no question about it. sorry to fans of the houston texans, kansas city chiefs, buffalo bills, green bay packers, san francisco 49ers, tampa bay buccaneers, and detroit lions. keep on fighting because you never know about those unforeseen circumstances. but without them, it's over. if something unexpected happens it's not but otherwise there's going to be a lot of 3-ring pimps around this place. they're going to be hollering

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Interesting for the NFL-specific content, like Breer.

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1748392317973643499?s=20

At this point its just hilarious how media companies get acquired and then just gutted and then sold for spare parts.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

soggybagel posted:

At this point its just hilarious sad how media companies get acquired and then just gutted and then sold for spare parts.

:capitalism:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Cavauro posted:

i really believe in lamar. his playmaking ability is second to none this year. jump passes, insane sideline throws after physically instructing mediocre players what to do while he's being chased around. stats or no stats. he is the best player there is in 2024. a true point guard. barring unforeseen circumstances, this is his super bowl season. no question about it. sorry to fans of the houston texans, kansas city chiefs, buffalo bills, green bay packers, san francisco 49ers, tampa bay buccaneers, and detroit lions. keep on fighting because you never know about those unforeseen circumstances. but without them, it's over. if something unexpected happens it's not but otherwise there's going to be a lot of 3-ring pimps around this place. they're going to be hollering

I know what you are doing and I advise you to stop. Now.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Cavauro posted:

you’re so right

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I think he had a chance to be a better passer than he was if he didn't go a little insane. But yeah he was always a straight line runner I thought.

You knew where he was going if you could get there first. He didn't have the shiftiness of Lamar or Vick, and he didn't have the size to not care about it like Cam for a while and Josh Allen now. Just top speed and unwillingness to do things that might save him a hit.

I've used RG3 to argue that Josh Allen needs to change his style but he might be such a loving moose that he can do it without ruining his career

Cavauro posted:

there's going to be a lot of 3-ring pimps

this is definitely what I'm calling Mahomes after he wins his third

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 19, 2024

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1747787639443619970?t=lgL4ut8zvdN56Z8C92_tiw

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Cavauro posted:

this seems legit.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

average, maybe. I see $656 to get in, which doesn't seem unreasonable for a home divisional game for a team without much success in decades.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This is a good divisional round

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

soggybagel posted:

At this point its just hilarious how media companies get acquired and then just gutted and then sold for spare parts.

I think a lot about how a bunch of people spent 25-50 million to buy Deadspin to flush it basically straight down the toilet

Masterful business decision

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

kiimo posted:

I've used RG3 to argue that Josh Allen needs to change his style but he might be such a loving moose that he can do it without ruining his career

I don't know about that - Cam Newton was even more physically dominant and got absolutely crippled by too many (late, unflagged) hits. If Allen keeps running like he does he might not make it much longer than Cam did.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I hope it isn't bad mojo or a jinx to say that I think the Ravens are going to run away with it and should basically start getting fitted for their rings now

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Isn't that the adjusted gross income for most people in Detroit?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

trevorreznik posted:

I don't know about that - Cam Newton was even more physically dominant and got absolutely crippled by too many (late, unflagged) hits. If Allen keeps running like he does he might not make it much longer than Cam did.

Cam also refused to get surgery to treat his shoulder injury which eventually lead to him being unable to throw more than like 10 yards. He also claimed that he hurt his shoulder trying to make a tackle after he threw an interception. He did get beat to poo poo but his biggest problems weren’t really related to that.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Is it too early to start saying "Ravens Dynasty?"

I think not.

RG3ESPN
Jan 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Who cares.

People are still going to watch.

The NFL is in we can negotiate whatever we want and you will deal with it...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The tickets we got for free are currently on TM for $1800 now lol

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Waltzing Along posted:

Isn't that the adjusted gross income for most people in Detroit?

This ain’t it, chief

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Watching the Lions play in the divisional round is a literal once-in-a-generation opportunity.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm scared

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Has Rob Parker weighed in on this?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Watching the Lions play in the divisional round is a literal once-in-a-generation opportunity.

Historically ya, now I’m not sure

But then that’s why I’m going, just in case lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

I hope it isn't bad mojo or a jinx to say that I think the Ravens are going to run away with it and should basically start getting fitted for their rings now

I'm not sure how anyone thinks the Ravens should be favored in a rematch against the 49ers. We are completely screwed in that case.

Also remember recency bias. The Ravens were only just barely sneaking by the Chargers and should have been in a big hole at Jacksonville before their showings against the 49ers and a very injured Dolphins team.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 19, 2024

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Kawalimus posted:

I'm not sure how anyone thinks the Ravens should be favored in a rematch against the 49ers. We are completely screwed in that case.

A million points. A defeat so lopsided that they have to cancel the 2024 season so everyone can process what they just watched.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The 49ers tried to attack the Ravens through the air instead of on the ground where we are kind of middling on defense, while they have an MVP candidate at RB. They have the advantage of making adjustments after being the losing side in a recent matchup and unless McCaffery gets injured somehow I do not think the Ravens have much of a chance.

Our best hope is that Green Bay pulls the massive upset tomorrow.

I think it's possible the Ravens do trounce the AFC this year but a SB loss is imminent.

If we didn't have that god drat game on Christmas we could have won.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Kawalimus posted:

Also remember recency bias. The Ravens were only just barely sneaking by the Chargers and should have been in a big hole at Jacksonville before their showings against the 49ers and a very injured Dolphins team.

Also Jim already won a Championship so that means John cannot win one. This is the way.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

trilljester posted:

Also Jim already won a Championship so that means John cannot win one. This is the way.

John already won one in 2012. Or better to say Jim Caldwell won one.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Just snagged some free nosebleeds for the Ravens game :hellyeah:

RG3ESPN
Jan 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
KAWA I love you man. You are a good poster / guy.

But if Tony across the street in a Baltimore deli told me to take you take you out to the train tracks, I would totally wack your rear end for r$2,500.

Leave a gift basket by the door.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I don't think much about the Ravens, but I woke up this morning with an odd feeling that it's their Super Bowl year. Like the funny Bengals guy said.

Of course they'll get through the divisional round no problem. We can ignore that one, foregone conclusion. The conference championship, okay they'll sweat a bit but it'll be their game to lose. Super Bowl? Lamar runs it in for the win.

I can feel it.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

If the Ravens lose it is 100% Kawas fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

RG3ESPN posted:

Who cares.

People are still going to watch.

The NFL is in we can negotiate whatever we want and you will deal with it...

can you give me a $50 amazon gift card