Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He looks like an in shape version of the Sandlot catcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Glad to see he has the makings of a varsity quarterback after his father was killed

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Dude looks like he's about to tell me to smash that like button and subscribe to his prank channel.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

It’s USC or Ohio State. If he goes to Ohio State, look for Air Noland to transfer.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

Sorry but that dude looks like the villain in a 1980s summer camp movie.

He just wants those no class snowboarders to stay off Prep Skier Mountain

Oh no his girlfriend ran off with a snowboarder!

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

A Sneaker Broker posted:

It’s USC or Ohio State. If he goes to Ohio State, look for Air Noland to transfer.

Eh, Noland’s probably going to at least wait it out a year then. He’s tight with the receivers and TEs on the roster already. If he’s behind Sayin by end of fall, probably gone, but he doesn’t have the ability to hit the portal until spring at earliest and will already have a head start.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

Eh, Noland’s probably going to at least wait it out a year then. He’s tight with the receivers and TEs on the roster already. If he’s behind Sayin by end of fall, probably gone, but he doesn’t have the ability to hit the portal until spring at earliest and will already have a head start.

Portal season will never end. Also, I trust Kalen knows something about his new transfer QB, Austin Mack, that we don't. When Kalen got hired at UW, he let the #1 QB at the time, Sam Huard, go. Sam has not played well at all anywhere he has been so :shrug:

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Portal season will never end. Also, I trust Kalen knows something about his new transfer QB, Austin Mack, that we don't. When Kalen got hired at UW, he let the #1 QB at the time, Sam Huard, go. Sam has not played well at all anywhere he has been so :shrug:

Mack is kind of a freak if your only goal is deep balls and extended layer throws that mess with safeties. I don’t think he’s the same type of accurate that Sayin is because he didn’t have to deal with as right of windows, but he’s probably better for an offense where you’re mainly trying to get a ball out fast to a spot over the timing and space reads that guys like Sayin excel in.

What’s super funny is I bet you that Day and DeBoer would totally trade Noland for Sayin right now straight up. Noland is as close to a Penix approximation as you get in a prospect, and Sayin does the layer and zone spacing poo poo that Stroud did perfectly in high school.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

Mack is kind of a freak if your only goal is deep balls and extended layer throws that mess with safeties. I don’t think he’s the same type of accurate that Sayin is because he didn’t have to deal with as right of windows, but he’s probably better for an offense where you’re mainly trying to get a ball out fast to a spot over the timing and space reads that guys like Sayin excel in.

What’s super funny is I bet you that Day and DeBoer would totally trade Noland for Sayin right now straight up. Noland is as close to a Penix approximation as you get in a prospect, and Sayin does the layer and zone spacing poo poo that Stroud did perfectly in high school.

I loved Noland coming out of high school. When he chose OSU, I knew that Brown and McCord had an actual competition coming in.

E: Grammar

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I just want a QB that can run for a first down on 3rd and long, not an immobile JT Barrett like McCcord.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I just want a QB that can run for a first down on 3rd and long, not an immobile JT Barrett like McCcord.

Air Noland is that guy.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

NCAA should ban spring practice imo

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Oh poo poo the Lamborghini Longhorns got TE Amari Niblack from Bama, maybe we will have someone who can approximate Ja’tavion Sanders now.

Also I’m kind of wishing we had Bama on the schedule this year because it’s looking like a very winnable game, which would have been incomprehensible so very recently.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

Oh poo poo the Lamborghini Longhorns got TE Amari Niblack from Bama, maybe we will have someone who can approximate Ja’tavion Sanders now.

Also I’m kind of wishing we had Bama on the schedule this year because it’s looking like a very winnable game, which would have been incomprehensible so very recently.

poo poo, Georgia and Michigan aren't enough?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

NCAA should ban spring practice imo

I wish they could play an actual exhibition game in the spring!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

He looks like Matt Eberflus's kid, complete with the same haircut but it hasn't thinned yet

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Sam was a legacy recruit and overrated for a bunch of obvious reasons. Huskies could not NOT get him but he was pretty easy to discard.

Mack is legit and perfect for his offense - but it’s going to be funny as hell watching Dewhore do his "very good coach but with questionable real-time management skills that always seem to work out" schtick when he doesn't have a talent advantage thanks to some great legacy recruits. Also UW was great but not playoff level last year and the talent didn’t get deeper this last year, the existing players just had another year in the system. OU, Georgia and LSU are going to smoke Bama this season, book it.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/chris_hummer/status/1748409109114687652?s=20

That was quick.

:siren: QB BATTLE IN COLUMBUS :siren:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Will be fun to watch one of them languish on the bench before transferring and taking a program to the playoffs before being drafted higher than any of the QBs that stay.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Will be fun to watch one of them languish on the bench before transferring and taking a program to the playoffs before being drafted higher than any of the QBs that stay.

I don't think Duane Brown survives this.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I don't think Duane Brown survives this.

Devin?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I'm drunk.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

poo poo, Georgia and Michigan aren't enough?

That’s what I’m saying, a Bama that has lost like 2/3 of their starters will likely be a very winnable game which we could use. What a weird thing to think, it would have been insane a couple weeks ago.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

A Sneaker Broker posted:

:siren: QB BATTLE IN COLUMBUS :siren:

Will Howard ate of the Pop-Tart, he's The Guy

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It’s funny you think we’ll be a quality win.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Bama is going to be a 10 win team next year, take it to the bank. Sitting here in January thinking “well I guess they just won’t have good players 8 months from now” is pretty silly.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

UW was great but not playoff level last year

More playoff level than 2/3 of the other playoff teams

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Cthulu Carl posted:

Will Howard ate of the Pop-Tart, he's The Guy

Oh I know. But the backup battle is gonna be interesting to see.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Warbird posted:

It’s funny you think we’ll be a quality win.

I just said a winnable game. Not a quality win, not an easy win, just a team that a good team ought to be able to beat. Like Vanderbilt, or Florida. :laugh:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thermos H Christ posted:

That’s what I’m saying, a Bama that has lost like 2/3 of their starters will likely be a very winnable game which we could use. What a weird thing to think, it would have been insane a couple weeks ago.

Obviously both OU's and Texas' conference schedules get significantly more difficult next season, but with the whole of 2023 wrapped up I think Texas gets the easier of the two:

Oklahoma
Temple
Houston
Tulane
Tennessee
@Auburn
-bye-
RRS
South Carolina
@Ole Miss
Maine
@Mizzou
-bye-
Alabama
@LSU

Texas
Colorado State
@Michigan
UTSA
ULM
Mississippi State
-bye-
RRS
Georgia
@Vanderbilt
-bye-
Florida
@Arkansas
Kentucky
@Texas A&M

OU again doesn't have a big non-con game but @Ole Miss, @Mizzou, Alabama, and @LSU all in the last six weeks vs. @Michigan and Georgia for Texas. Think y'all already have enough winnable games :colbert:

General Dog posted:

Bama is going to be a 10 win team next year, take it to the bank. Sitting here in January thinking “well I guess they just won’t have good players 8 months from now” is pretty silly.

Definitely not taking that to the bank but it also wouldn't be surprising at all.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

Think he meant 2022 there.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Thermos H Christ posted:

Not this year. Last year. When they didn’t make the playoffs.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Not this year. Last year. When they didn’t make the playoffs.

Oh ok carry on then

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Julian Saiyajin

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Texas is on an all-time tampering recruiting hot streak right now. Wow.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

General Dog posted:

Yea, sitting here like the transfer portal is only one way. I would put them in the grave if in say, March or April, things are looking a bit dire, but as for now I can't say either way.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yea, sitting here like the transfer portal is only one way. I would put them in the grave if in say, March or April, things are looking a bit dire, but as for now I can't say either way.

On3 says 2,229 players have entered the portal this transfer season. When the spring ball portal period opens, I expect that number to hit 3,500 with new entries and re-entries.

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/wire/football/2024/

RG3ESPN
Jan 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Im White...

And that dude looks like the biggest douche bag to think im better than you....Nope.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

dirty shrimp money posted:

Guess he’s following Bill O’Brien to Ohio State

Which btw I absolutely cannot believe they’re letting BOB call plays. Is Ryan Day trying to get his buyout this year?

rees was the oc for bama last year, not bob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

A Sneaker Broker posted:

On3 says 2,229 players have entered the portal this transfer season. When the spring ball portal period opens, I expect that number to hit 3,500 with new entries and re-entries.

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/wire/football/2024/

You might be right, it was ~2/3 of total portal entries that occurred in the first window last year. The thing is most of the portal entries in April are end of roster types being processed more or less to make scholarship limits, most of the difference makers show up in the first window.