Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

Embarrassing stuff imo

Not arguing with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

chiefs by 10. ravens by 9. 49ers by 13. lions by 4.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Diet Crack posted:

This is a good divisional round

It definitely feels like all the worst teams to watch got thrown out right away this year. The ultra-injured Browns, the black-hole-vibes Eagles, the Steelers and whatever they call offense...

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Edward Mass posted:

It's not even Cowherd's rankings.

Anything on Cowherd’s show has his stink on it no matter what

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think the Bills, 9ers and Ravens win and win easily through their offensive firepower.

Buccs Lions is more of a toss up because it depends on which Buccs team shows up. If they play like they did against the Panthers they'll get destroyed, if they play like they did last week I can see them sneaking it by a field goal and a big day from White.

I also think the Ravens defense is the toughest CJ will have faced this season. I know the Browns were lofty on paper but what Baltimore does on the back end is probably the best in the NFL right now.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

BlindSite posted:

I think the Bills, 9ers and Ravens win and win easily through their offensive firepower.

Buccs Lions is more of a toss up because it depends on which Buccs team shows up. If they play like they did against the Panthers they'll get destroyed, if they play like they did last week I can see them sneaking it by a field goal and a big day from White.

I also think the Ravens defense is the toughest CJ will have faced this season. I know the Browns were lofty on paper but what Baltimore does on the back end is probably the best in the NFL right now.

he already faced the ravens defense, in week 1. threw for more than 250 yards but also got sacked a million times and didnt score a touchdown. but the texans as a whole played like doodoo the first few weeks of the season.

baltimore is probably going to win but i dont think it will be easy.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

lobster shirt posted:

he already faced the ravens defense, in week 1. threw for more than 250 yards but also got sacked a million times and didnt score a touchdown. but the texans as a whole played like doodoo the first few weeks of the season.

Week 1 is about as relevant as what happened last year.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Baltimore has had a bunch of these avalanche games when the defense and offense are both clicking and they just can pour it on. I think it could be a close game, there's a possibility it's a blowout in favor of the Ravens, but I don't see the Ravens getting blown out because the defense is too drat good. I might think differently if Houston had a nasty run game.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

yeah that game was not easy, and Stroud was starting his first NFL game, which is a far cry from where he is now. on the other hand, the Ravens offense was wonky as hell, since it was also the first game under Monken, plus all the new receivers and stuff. it will be a hard matchup for sure

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

I know what you are doing and I advise you to stop. Now.

if that's how you think then you must be trying to do it the opposite way. that's what you're all about. let that be a lesson. these accusations don't feel so good

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Week 1 is about as relevant as what happened last year.

well it did happen last year :v:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kawalimus posted:

I know what you are doing and I advise you to stop. Now.

As a reminder: Cavauro never lies.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

Baltimore's defense got better as the year went along and nothings changed from how they did that. They still rush well and still give quarterbacks fits with their disguised coverages on the back end. CJ is a very good QB, but I don't see how a 25 to 9 score line is an argument in CJ's favour, unless you think that the Baltimore defense was some how performing worse now after they poo poo housed the Jags, 49ers and Dolphins back to back to back.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cavauro has not broken kayfabe once in the decade or so I've been posting here and I respect it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
there's no kayfabe

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Both teams have improved greatly since Week 1. But which teams has improved more since...?

Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
We were really rusty in that week 1 game on offense. We got better later in the game but I was ranting and raving how we were the same drat offense as under Roman etc.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mega64 posted:

Both teams have improved greatly since Week 1. But which teams has improved more since...?

Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Letting things play out before making your judgement just sounds so weird and unamerican

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i hope the texans win. but i think that they will not. but the only way to find out is to play the drat game.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wow they turned on Pat quick

The number of people sick of State Farm commercials grows by the day.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I thought this was interesting. How regular season performance has translated into postseason performance across the NFL since 2000.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I didn't realize Miami's recent playoff history was so dire

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Kawalimus posted:

John already won one in 2012. Or better to say Jim Caldwell won one.

Sorry, I meant this year. John cannot win one this year.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Vox Nihili posted:

I thought this was interesting. How regular season performance has translated into postseason performance across the NFL since 2000.

gently caress the Cowboys :hmmyes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Coldforge posted:

gently caress the Cowboys :hmmyes:

:sickos:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Longest playoff win drought in American sports. 23 years.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

fsif posted:

Longest playoff win drought in American sports. 23 years.

Imagine being clowned on that by the likes of the Bengals, Browns, and Lions.

Not to mention the other major sports.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Vox Nihili posted:

Does this count first round byes as playoff wins?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

AndrewP posted:

I can’t imagine how Chiefs fans could ever care about how someone ranks their multi-MVP multi-Super Bowl winning QB

Taking after their whiny, entitled, persecution complex having QB.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
he’s got us there

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I've never heard Josh Allen whine about nobody believing in the Bills and, consequently, he's never won anything of import.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

AndrewP posted:

think this chart emphasizes how we've had so many middling seasons (e.g. 8-8) where we miss the playoffs and few disaster seasons. like we have one more playoff appearance than washington in that timespan, despite having won 30-40? more games than them

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Taking after their whiny, entitled, persecution complex having QB.

that's not really necessary man we're just having fun

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Counter point: he potato head

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

I've never heard Josh Allen whine about nobody believing in the Bills and, consequently, he's never won anything of import.

The Bills have the opposite problem of people continuing to believe in them when they definitely shouldn’t.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Parallax posted:

think this chart emphasizes how we've had so many middling seasons (e.g. 8-8) where we miss the playoffs and few disaster seasons. like we have one more playoff appearance than washington in that timespan, despite having won 30-40? more games than them

yeah I've never put Miami in the same "bucket" as the truly dire teams because they tend to win game and sometimes make the playoffs. but never truly "scary" I guess. I thought this year might be the year, but the big scary 70 point-laying monster got whittled down until it wasn't very scary at all

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

kiimo posted:

that's not really necessary man we're just having fun

KC fans here are fine, if a touch smug these days, that comment was directed at the sorts you see in the wild.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure if smug is the word, the pressure just isn't there anymore. Like if we lose to Buffalo it will suck but the heart wrenching is gone.

If Buffalo loses it's a different kind of feeling for their fans

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Does this count first round byes as playoff wins?

Nah, if you want to add first round byes, you'd need to add:

AFC:
13 - Patriots
6 - Chiefs
5 - Steelers, Broncos
4 - Ravens, Titans
3 - Colts
2 - Chargers, Raiders
0 - Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Texans, Jaguars, Bengals, Browns

NFC:
6 - Packers
5 - Eagles
4 - 49ers, Bears, Falcons
3 - Rams, Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Seahawks
2 - Giants, Cowboys
1 - Cardinals, Buccaneers
0 - Football Team, Lions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Bills have the opposite problem of people continuing to believe in them when they definitely shouldn’t.

Bills fans jump from dangerous heights onto burning tables for fun, telling them they shouldn't believe in something greater than themselves seems cruel.