Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm just happy my teams has greatly exceeded expectations this year and everything is gravy from here on out. It's been a fun week having won a playoff game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think the big question more than any other is what can Stroud do? I kind of want no part in finding out but it would be wild if Houston won another one

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think coming from the total abyss, knocking the Dolphins out from the division in the 11th hour, AND having a playoff win where Allen looked like a god would make this a not-the-worst season in a vacuum, but losing to the Chiefs again would/will pretty quickly salt away whatever minor good feelings I'm experiencing.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Nah, if you want to add first round byes, you'd need to add:

AFC:
13 - Patriots
6 - Chiefs
5 - Steelers, Broncos
4 - Ravens, Titans
3 - Colts
2 - Chargers, Raiders
0 - Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Texans, Jaguars, Bengals, Browns

NFC:
6 - Packers
5 - Eagles
4 - 49ers, Bears, Falcons
3 - Rams, Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Seahawks
2 - Giants, Cowboys
1 - Cardinals, Buccaneers
0 - Football Team, Lions

Dios mama Mia…

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

AndrewP posted:

yeah I've never put Miami in the same "bucket" as the truly dire teams because they tend to win game and sometimes make the playoffs. but never truly "scary" I guess. I thought this year might be the year, but the big scary 70 point-laying monster got whittled down until it wasn't very scary at all

doesn't help being in the same division as brady and then as soon as he's gone josh allen becomes a thing. they haven't been able to win the division since the one year tom brady went down in the opener (and the patriots still won 11 games)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fsif posted:

I think coming from the total abyss, knocking the Dolphins out from the division in the 11th hour, AND having a playoff win where Allen looked like a god would make this a not-the-worst season in a vacuum, but losing to the Chiefs again would/will pretty quickly salt away whatever minor good feelings I'm experiencing.

If ever there was a game for McDermott's game plan to be not just win, but stomp them into paste - its this one. Buffalo have such a good roster I feel they've just lacked that killer instinct and it's come back to bite them in the rear end time and time again.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Remember when everyone laughed at Buffalo for drafting a big stupid idiot at QB

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I think KC's defense is way too good to allow Buffalo to stomp on them. I figure it'll probably be a really tight game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I actually am worried about the Chiefs scheme of sending open rushers against the QB. That works against the Tuas of the world but leaving wide open lanes for Josh to run through if he dodges the blitz seems suboptimal. In fact the game could conceivably hinge on whether the pass rush can connect with Josh.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Remember when everyone laughed at Buffalo for drafting a big stupid idiot at QB

Always draft the humble himbo

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Always draft the humble himbo

Golden retriever QBs are the winning move

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Golden Retrievers are LOYAL

-Josh's exes, probably

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I really hope Pat gets weird with it when he gets older. Not like shoving clay in his butt weird, but maybe Kenny Powers weird.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

See more from my new favorite friend Jason

https://x.com/arrowheadpride/status/1748493064765607976?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

That is impressively stupid, even for a Cowherd show

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

kiimo posted:

Golden Retrievers are LOYAL

-Hailee Steinfeld, probably

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
LOL not even out of the playoffs and the click baiters are going ham. Andy's not going anywhere. He lives football.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

he's auditioning for dumb new hot take guy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sunday Morning posted:

LOL not even out of the playoffs and the click baiters are going ham. Andy's not going anywhere. He lives football.

He needs more time to spend with his k- um, wait his other ki- um you know he may just retire from family to spend more time with his football

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Mahomes is bad now. So is Kelce. They're going to lose in embarrassing fashion yet still advance to the AFC Championship game through some unknowable devilry.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

it's funny that the first year the AFC West was actually kinda gettable, the Chargers fully melted down

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

wandler20 posted:

I'm just happy my teams has greatly exceeded expectations this year and everything is gravy from here on out. It's been a fun week having won a playoff game.

Big fuckin same

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

AndrewP posted:

it's funny that the first year the AFC West was actually kinda gettable, the Chargers fully melted down

AFCW is the new AFCE where the Chiefs can be less than stellar and the rest of the conference just trips over their own dicks.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Edward Mass posted:

I mean NOW. It’s still one of the best rock albums this millennium.

Way back then there was one stretch (I think it was all the same year, hazy days lol) whete3 I saw Jimmy Eat World, Franz Ferdinand, Muae, Death Cab For Cutie, Foo Fighters, Millencolin, Matthew Good, Radiohead, and Pearl Jam do full live shows.

Goddamn are the blissful joys of youth wasted on the blissfully ignorant young.

Lmao opening for Jimmy was "The Gratitude", which was an emo band with a frontman who looked older than the Blink guys do today.

Uhhh

Anyways

Let's gooooo Texans, Packers, Lions, & Bills!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

wandler20 posted:

this

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

AndrewP posted:

Remember that week when the Broncos were two games out and then immediately went back to eating poo poo?

Good times...

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's time for every fan base just having fun out there to gently caress off. Chiefs fans with a secure legacy, you're out. Houstonians excited for the future of their rookie of the Century QB, you done.

Now is the time for sadness and regret. Now is the divisional round. Where legends are made and families are broken. Hell yeah baby, let's watch some Football.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

fsif posted:

All the cool and good people left in this world are rooting for you, friend

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

AFCW is the new AFCE where the Chiefs can be less than stellar and the rest of the conference just trips over their own dicks.

Don't you put that evil on us!!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I just realized Taylor probably won’t be in Buffalo Sunday night, not great

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Pron on VHS posted:

I just realized Taylor probably won’t be in Buffalo Sunday night, not great

Does this strengthen or hurt the chiefs?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/papameagzz/status/1748463587243540803?s=46&t=BSzhFErQ6N9N1FAHwRiTEg

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Lions, Bills, 49ers and I’m gonna say Ravens

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers are going to win all four games this weekend. I don't know how this works, only that it will happen.

(49ers, Bills, Bucs and Ravens)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ravens 9ers superbowl is my ultimate prediction.

I'm just happy I'll get to watch both games next weekend. Instead of having to dodge scores on a working monday unitl I can get home and try and fit two games into 4 hours.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

desired outcomes: texans, packers, bills, lions

expected outcomes: ravens, 49ers, chiefs, lions

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
hitting that texas moneyline like its going out of style cause i am a scared little bitch

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
texans. chiefs. packers. lions.

has the nfl championship/super bowl ever featured the same two teams as in the opening game of the season?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Desired outcomes: lions win, Packers lose, rest is gravy

What will happen: the opposite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Coaaab posted:

texans. chiefs. packers. lions.

has the nfl championship/super bowl ever featured the same two teams as in the opening game of the season?

According to my research (typing it into chat GPT) - never.

Edit, to elaborate I asked how many times there's been a rematch:

Super Bowl VI (1972): Dallas Cowboys vs. Miami Dolphins - They had met in the regular season, and the Cowboys won both matchups.

Super Bowl XVII (1982): Washington Football Team vs. Miami Dolphins - They had a regular-season matchup, and Washington won both games.

Super Bowl XXVIII (1993): Dallas Cowboys vs. Buffalo Bills - This was a rematch of Super Bowl XXVII, and they had also played each other in the regular season. The Cowboys won all three matchups.

Super Bowl XXXIX (2004): New England Patriots vs. Philadelphia Eagles - They played each other in the regular season, and the Patriots won both games.

Super Bowl LII (2017): New England Patriots vs. Philadelphia Eagles - They had a regular-season matchup, and the Eagles won both games.

This bodes badly for the 9er v baltimore prediction for 9ers fans.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 20, 2024