Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Reacher season 2 was really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Luckily they’re going back to the solo act

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

a sexual elk posted:

Random topic but I’m buzzed. Few months ago decided to grow my hair out after about a decade of high fades and just using clippers (#2) during the lockdown…the clippers finally breaking helped make the decision for me.

https://imgur.com/a/kqthMyX

Was pretty normal for like 15 years

Forgot my poo poo gets curly

https://imgur.com/a/k7AcE0p

E: side note I haven’t washed my hair with shampoo/conditioner in prolly a decade. Every time I did even with like Head and Shoulders I’d get bad dandruff. Occasional soap every now and then.

Head and Shoulders is extremely drying so you gave yourself dry scalp by using it when you don't have dandruff. Most people who think they have dandruff just have dry scalp anyway and if they would just use a moisturizing shampoo and a separate moisturizing conditioner it would solve the problem. Head and Shoulders just makes the problem worse. A sulfate free shampoo also helps. Clarifying shampoos also strip hair of moisture so those should be avoided as well.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

I was so annoyed watching the S2 finale. I had to pause and come back to it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

Head and Shoulders is extremely drying so you gave yourself dry scalp by using it when you don't have dandruff. Most people who think they have dandruff just have dry scalp anyway and if they would just use a moisturizing shampoo and a separate moisturizing conditioner it would solve the problem. Head and Shoulders just makes the problem worse. A sulfate free shampoo also helps. Clarifying shampoos also strip hair of moisture so those should be avoided as well.

Quoting this so I can find it when I’m home, cause I need to find a new shampoo lol

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I spent most of my childhood using head and shoulders and had the worst dandruff. Switching to better shampoo and conditioner mostly cleared all that up. It’s kind of amazing how bad head and shoulders is.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I use a clarifying shampoo with a moisturizing conditioner and my hair is fine. I wash 2-3x a week with it. I don't know of any decent moisturizing shampoos or I might use that instead.

Head and Shoulders is so loving bad lol

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Finally an excuse to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWkwdp7Easc

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hell of an AV/youtube thumbnail combo here

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

I forget how loving rich some of the people here are.

Yeah lol and I’m just sitting here like gently caress yeah finally made it to 55K :suicide:

Also I use Head and Shoulders once or twice a week or I get dandruff, but I used to use it every day and switched to Native stuff day to day because they have fun flavors

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I spent most of my childhood using head and shoulders and had the worst dandruff. Switching to better shampoo and conditioner mostly cleared all that up. It’s kind of amazing how bad head and shoulders is.

Head and Shoulders isn't bad if you actually HAVE dandruff. But dandruff is more like cradle cap, it's oily and sticky so you need something to dry it out. If you just have flakes what you actually have is dry skin on your scalp which a drying shampoo is going to make worse.

You only need clarifying shampoo if you use lots of hair products like mousse or gel or pomade, stuff that's going to give you build up that you need to remove.

I have oily hair but I use the Hairitage products at Walmart. They have moisturizing products as well. I pay $11 each for my bottles of shampoo and conditioner but it's worth it for good hair.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

We use it to put kids under conscious sedation if I have to set a bone or something.

I always ask them who their favorite Pokémon or whatever and tell them to think about them. I always tell parents not to watch, and they laugh when they come back and the first thing the kid says is “I met machamp”
Great, now I'm imagining that for a 45 year old guy under conscious sedation for a colonoscopy.

"Good news, we didn't find polyps or any sign of ulcerative colitis which you mentioned on your family history."
"Bulbasaur is so cool"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CannonFodder posted:

Great, now I'm imagining that for a 45 year old guy under conscious sedation for a colonoscopy.

"Good news, we didn't find polyps or any sign of ulcerative colitis which you mentioned on your family history."
"Bulbasaur is so cool"

God, that reminds me that I'm due for another colonoscopy and I really need to schedule it. :suicide:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Timby posted:

God, that reminds me that I'm due for another colonoscopy and I really need to schedule it. :suicide:
All I'm saying is I didn't pick a family history of ulcerative colitis out of thin air, I've been there: drinking laxatives and clear gatorade the night before the procedure.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CannonFodder posted:

All I'm saying is I didn't pick a family history of ulcerative colitis out of thin air, I've been there: drinking laxatives and clear gatorade the night before the procedure.

Oh, my friend, I'll be 40 in July and I've already had four colonoscopies in my time. I'm well aware of the hell that is the prep. Nothing better than drinking a gallon of polyethylene glycol and then spending the next 36 hours in the bathroom.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I use Dove for dry skin shampoo and it worked wonders for me. I had done anything and everything for my flakes and was just about to go get prescription strength stuff when I tried it years ago.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/HighwaysSEAST/status/1748651835840180352

going to be a fun commute in on Monday

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Today it's only like -2 wind chill and feels practically tropical. Drove to see my sister in recovery and parents, did some manual labor for them, dropped off some packages. I welcome the return to liveable weather for non-Canadians

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

:canada: our cold snap is finally breaking:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
it's been from daytime highs of mid 30s going to low 20s at night (all in that weird non-celcius temperature) in the UK for the last week and a half and people have been losing their minds because it's not been this continually cold in winter for nearly a decade

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

I’m watching the last episode and it’s so bad.

A few episodes ago: “I like he’s a firefighter. They’re honorable and truthful” the dialogue is so bad

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

We’ve been on a rollercoaster in Charleston. We’ve got like a few days with highs in the 40s but it’ll be in the 70s next week MAKE UP YOUR loving MIND

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Joey Freshwater posted:

A few episodes ago: “I like he’s a firefighter. They’re honorable and truthful” the dialogue is so bad

I literally laughed out loud when the NYPD guys started trying to out flex 9/11 at each other

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LeeMajors posted:

We’ve been on a rollercoaster in Charleston. We’ve got like a few days with highs in the 40s but it’ll be in the 70s next week MAKE UP YOUR loving MIND

Stop the train, I want to get off.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Donated some platelets and now it's time for spicy Korean tofu soup on this fine rainy day

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was 12 when I got up this morning but don’t worry because it’ll be 75 on Thursday

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Air Skwirl posted:

I forget how loving rich some of the people here are.

I don’t think anybody here is anything crazy level except d link.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

The dialogue is hilariously bad and thank you for reminding me of this exchange.

The “badass”quote of “ASSUMPTIONS KILL!!” Is so cringe but I keep. Watching. The. Stupid. Show. So I’m part of the problem.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I haven't seen any of the show, but the list of clip titles upon typing "Reacher" into youtube is amazing.

Can a biker gang handle Jack Reacher?

Jack Reacher prison fight

Jack Reacher DESTROYS a child hijacker

Jack Reacher vs Dog abuser

Jack Reacher absolutely destroys a wannabe gangster

Young Reacher doesn't apologize to bully's parents

This might be the most "this is what conservatives actually believe" piece of media since the first Taken movie. Has Jack Reacher defeated MS-13 yet? Can he personally stop Black Blackwater?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can’t hear “you don’t mess with the Special Investigators!!” And not picture Donald Glover and Mystery Team

Which, if y’all haven’t seen it, is hilarious

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also after I watched it my stoner rear end switched over to a channel called COZI that played 24/7 Frasier so watch COZI. Frasier is so drat good

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Thaddius the Large posted:

I literally laughed out loud when the NYPD guys started trying to out flex 9/11 at each other

The scenes with the 2 New York as hell cops are probably the best parts of this terrible season

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

we didn't even finish the 1st episode of Reacher 2

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Silly Burrito posted:

You might just want to have a contractor come in and give an estimate and solicit ideas.

Yea, I do think this is what we need to do.

Shrimpy posted:

We did the construction in June through December(?) 2018. In the end, it was somewhere between 350k and 400k. My house was a split level with two bedrooms upstairs and then a lower floor that only had 6ft ceilings. To add the additional bedrooms and bathroom we actually dug down and turned it into a full height bottom floor. The other positive to going down, rather than up/out was we wound up with a completely new foundation which needed to be done anyway. We also worked with a full design + build firm which made the process easy, but not cheap.

From talking to people, prices have probably come up since then. I guess it also depends on what you get, if it costs 200-300k just to tack a room onto our house I would feel ripped off since we would still have the same poorly designed house, just with one extra room. If it costs a bit more than that but they completely gut the house and having everything working together nicely and not the 80 years of accumulated cruft then maybe it is worth it. Obviously need to talk to a contractor about those options and see what they come up with.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
South Florida quotes are around 280-350 a square foot to build. It’s insane. INSANE

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Pain of Mind posted:

From talking to people, prices have probably come up since then. I guess it also depends on what you get, if it costs 200-300k just to tack a room onto our house I would feel ripped off since we would still have the same poorly designed house, just with one extra room. If it costs a bit more than that but they completely gut the house and having everything working together nicely and not the 80 years of accumulated cruft then maybe it is worth it. Obviously need to talk to a contractor about those options and see what they come up with.

If you’re in the greater Oakland/Berkeley/East Bay Area, I’m happy to shoot you the name of the company we used over PM. We’ve done multiple projects with them, as have family members and friends.

They’re good about keeping the character of the original house (ours is 1930s) while fixing layout issues.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Shrimpy posted:

If you’re in the greater Oakland/Berkeley/East Bay Area, I’m happy to shoot you the name of the company we used over PM. We’ve done multiple projects with them, as have family members and friends.

They’re good about keeping the character of the original house (ours is 1930s) while fixing layout issues.

I am on the peninsula, but if they travel out here feel free to PM.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Timby posted:

Stop the train, I want to get off.

Hooooo boy that’s cold. We may end up turning our eyes to the Midwest, New England or Rockies when I complete my schooling and start my job search, and it’s going to be a big adjustment for our weak southern blood hahah.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

Hooooo boy that’s cold. We may end up turning our eyes to the Midwest, New England or Rockies when I complete my schooling and start my job search, and it’s going to be a big adjustment for our weak southern blood hahah.

That’s not even that bad. Mid 30s in January is warm. The lows in the negatives is abnormal, but we don’t get a ton of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Any recs for massage guns? I have a persistant knot in my upper back and shoulder that gets pretty painfull on the regular.