Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

greazeball posted:

looks like I can by the last month of gamepass without subscribing to the streaming platform so I think I'm gonna do that. It was fee on top of fee on top of surcharge on top of subscription when I looked into it at the start of the season.

this is what happens when Germans do NFL coverage. one of these things is not like the others

They know who the true MVP of that team is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gadget Toght End God Taysom Hill Christian McCaffery

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a few years ago i was at a college football game and the indiana quarterback was wearing 21 and it really hosed me up

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 20, 2024

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

I am very anxious about this game

Not me. I'm hanging out carefree, happy to watch some football.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I'm really excited for this game. The Ravens are certainly the better team but for the first time in 20 years of following the Texans, it actually feels like they have the potential to play any team and pull some CJ Stroud bullshit. We had some good teams in the early 2010s but it always felt like we circled the Patriots on the schedule and thats where they wheels fell off, and it just feels more hopeful now.

edit; I guess there's a case to be made for Deshaun Watson bullshit, but his bullshit was generally some last second heroics after BOB got a 6 point lead and conservatively pissed the game away - Demeco doesn't seem to buy into dumb poo poo like prevent defence while up 10 - he's not letting off the gas until he's up 30 and pulling starters.

Dramatika fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 20, 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i am really not excited about this game but i always get a bad case of nerves before the texans play. hope they win!!!!!!!! i also hope my kids let me watch it lol.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Zero nerves today still riding the high of blowing out the Cowboys and that Jordan Love is good

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I'm the kind of broken person that went to every Texans home game last year despite us being garbage and knowing we were going to lose, so going in with hope is a nice change of pace

Kinda wish we hadn't cancelled our season tickets after the LOVIE SMITH EXPERIENCE but my liver, waistline, and wallet are certainly happy about not tailgating this year

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Go Texans

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Yes

To the offseason :evilbuddy:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thsi

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

go raven

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I wanna watch the meteoric rise of CJ the football DJ

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
i hope we see the part where cj stroud says it's texans time and tex's all over the field

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Dramatika posted:

i hope we see the part where cj stroud says it's texans time and tex's all over the field

Why would you want him to lose the divisional game in embarrassing fashion? I thought you were a fan?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

AndrewP posted:

I am very anxious about this game

Hell, same.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

so pluto tv set up a temporary super bowl channel

right now they're showing super bowl 25, which is retroactively the reason belichick has a head coaching career

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Vertical Lime posted:

so pluto tv set up a temporary super bowl channel

right now they're showing super bowl 25, which is retroactively the reason belichick has a head coaching career

Scott Norwood is the hinge upon which the next thirty years of NFL history turned.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Mahomes is bad now. So is Kelce. They're going to lose in embarrassing fashion yet still advance to the AFC Championship game through some unknowable devilry.

Looks like someone counted out Touchdown Tom Penalty Pat

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1748784658186223912?t=N5nEhlAcEEwGyCasxY7MKg&s=19

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1748782710951117058?t=pH7yAf8hxxOouhLD-CREzw&s=19

Obscure meaningless stats favor Baltimore bigly. No point in the Texans even showing up today.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Including regular season in that second one is silly for this game. Most rookie QBs kinda suck, or play for bad teams that got high draft position, and/or take a while to find their footing. So good coach is good against on average bad QB - shocking news. If it was just post-season, at least there you've narrowed it down to the rookies good enough to get there.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are going to win the Superbowl

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Lions are going to win the Superbowl

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens are going to lose the Superbowl.

I see us winning today but in a much closer game than the spread indicates and we might even go down multiple scores

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Texans are going to win because statistically they should lose and CJ Stroud is a stastical aberration

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If the Texans win I will side with Kawalimus on every debate and never believe the other Ravens fans again. If you can't beat a rookie you're frauds

even if he's like, the best rookie ever

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

kiimo posted:

If the Texans win I will side with Kawalimus on every debate
Quoting for posterity

Some real dark days could be ahead for you!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean his opinions are out there but inoffensive.

Unless the win breaks him and he goes hard into race science you should be fine

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dramatika posted:

I'm the kind of broken person that went to every Texans home game last year despite us being garbage and knowing we were going to lose, so going in with hope is a nice change of pace

Kinda wish we hadn't cancelled our season tickets after the LOVIE SMITH EXPERIENCE but my liver, waistline, and wallet are certainly happy about not tailgating this year

Lovie should get a statue outside the stadium for that hilarious final game that butterfly-effected the Texans into winding up with Stroud

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Docjowles posted:

Lovie should get a statue outside the stadium for that hilarious final game that butterfly-effected the Texans into winding up with Stroud

Lovie gave Chicago the #1 pick that:
-gave Carolina Bryce Young
-Chicago a loving haul for the #1 pick
-Texans Cj Stroud and indirectly Will Anderson
- Colts Anthony Richardson

I can't remember the last meaningless game that changed the face of 4 franchises so massively and potentially for several generational defining moments.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Docjowles posted:

The craziest story is that DeMeco Ryans wanted Will Anderson, Jr. more than C.J. Stroud, and it was GM Nick Caserio who pushed for drafting Stroud. Had we drafted Anderson at the 2 spot, there was zero shot we were getting a trade with Arizona to draft Stroud, so he drafted him first.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

We missed a Ravens snow game by about exactly 24 hours, shame

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

We missed a Ravens snow game by about exactly 24 hours, shame

I definitely do not want that poo poo in my own team's playoff games. Hell no

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Texans/Ravens GDT up

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I definitely do not want that poo poo in my own team's playoff games. Hell no

At least it's only 10 and not minus 30.

Im entering seclusion now I will see you all in 4 hours to lol at the outcome regardless of what it is.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if it had been ravens steelers in the snow vs a backup qb the ravens would have gotten plastered 13-3

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Edward Mass posted:

The craziest story is that DeMeco Ryans wanted Will Anderson, Jr. more than C.J. Stroud, and it was GM Nick Caserio who pushed for drafting Stroud. Had we drafted Anderson at the 2 spot, there was zero shot we were getting a trade with Arizona to draft Stroud, so he drafted him first.

Lmao Nick Caserios eyes flashed before his eyes the first time he heard DeMeco say that

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Timby posted:

I asked him that a month or two ago and he never answered. :v:

I thought I did

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I didn’t realise you lived in Australia

Why in the world are you for the panthers of all teams??

In 2002 madden started being sold over here and games started to be shown on TV. Esp when i got pay tv and espn would show replays.

When the season started I jumped on the panthers after they were rebuilding because I thought their logo looked cool. A year or so of playing the video game with my knucklehead friends and a friend who's a huge falcons / vick fan got me interested in the sport.

Played in a small rec league as a teenager around rugby and soccer. As technology got better and internet got better, watched more, learned more, got into playing fantasy and on it goes.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BlindSite posted:

I thought I did

In 2002 madden started being sold over here and games started to be shown on TV. Esp when i got pay tv and espn would show replays.

When the season started I jumped on the panthers after they were rebuilding because I thought their logo looked cool. A year or so of playing the video game with my knucklehead friends and a friend who's a huge falcons / vick fan got me interested in the sport.

Played in a small rec league as a teenager around rugby and soccer. As technology got better and internet got better, watched more, learned more, got into playing fantasy and on it goes.

Nice! I lived in Melbourne around then before we moved up to Wollongong, but I didn’t get into football until I moved to the states. I was deep into Aussie rules and rugby, though, so it eventually made the transition easier

Carolina and Jacksonville have two of my favourite colour schemes and logos, which is exactly how I always picked my fifa teams lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

E: not the Gdt!!