Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i’ve purchased a lot of different musical instruments and learned a bit on each of them but this synth cost me more than anything else ive ever owned so i have been putting in a lot of time learning how it works and making cool sounds with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SIDS Vicious posted:

i played drums for 7 years i just havent had a set in a decade! im very excited! i was playing with a sample pad on my phone tonight which is just a simple DJ style sampler with effects built in so i was just beatboxing into it and doing some reverby stuff and loops it was fun, i spent about 4 hours earlier just playing ambient stuff on my microfreak it was a very good day for music for me today

Oh poo poo I never knew that you played drums before! That's awesome!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I bang on those bongos I bought pretty often while I'm just sitting around or watching bullshit on TV. they're exactly what i was hoping for honestly as just a thing to do with my hands and practice and gently caress around with

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Anyone remember the "quiet quitting" fad from a little bit ago, where millennials were trying to do only their prescribed jobs?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY0CDcLURRU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I bang on those bongos I bought pretty often while I'm just sitting around or watching bullshit on TV. they're exactly what i was hoping for honestly as just a thing to do with my hands and practice and gently caress around with

this post brings me joy like crazy

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
you shouild come and post in the drum thread aard. dooeeet

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
drums are for bums

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Shelly, I'm not fooling around anymore! The first thing you're gonna learn is to have a good attitude. That's the key! Anybody'll tell you that.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

kntfkr posted:

drums are for bums

Kindly make for yhe exit you bufoon

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Tcggo45TQ

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

This guy gets it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
time stamped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPLGsWXleCg

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ah, it was the Friday thread. October.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

After my shots yesterday I went to a music store to get a cheap used guitar stand. I ended up adding a full drum set to my new music room that I'm making.

I don't really know how to play the drums besides a basic rock beat but I'll learn. :haw:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dixville posted:

This guy gets it

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Timestamp didn't work :(

However

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVfBAHB_2hw

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

this art crap where they project poo poo on buildings is starting to feel kind of stale

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 21, 2024

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

poo poo

full of hell rules. so does full of health. i saw foh play with the body at first unitarian and it was intense. ugliest crowd i've ever been in lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Just bought two tickets to see McLusky in March.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I'm meeting a couple friends in Atlanta in March to see KMFDM. Haven't seen them live since 2003 and after seeing Skinny Puppy's final tour earlier this year I figure I need to see them again sooner than later. You think the bands you like will tour forever until they don't.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

digging this piece though

012024_5
Jan 21, 2024

TrashMammal posted:

digging this piece though

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

thanks for keeping the lights on :tipshat:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You should be able to get a big plastic jug of lovely beer for a couple of bucks. Like the kind you'd store gas in.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

KMFDM Sucks!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

hell to the yes

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Smugworth posted:

KMFDM Sucks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS-NMVDlbSQ

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol woke up before 8 am because im excited about getting drums

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SIDS Vicious posted:

Sids don't wanna sleep
He just wanna bang on da drums all day

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

SIDS Vicious posted:

I want a kit SO BAD, just a bass w/ a double kick, hat with a tambourine, snare, two floor toms, four toms, a cowbell and 3-4 cymbals

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That high school basketball team kicking everyone's rear end is big news in Maine today.

After reading more about it, I've tempered my initial opinion. This team (Oceanside High School, based in Rockland Maine) is averaging 96 points a game, which is pretty unprecedented, and their style (which I love) is to full court press the whole game, run a fast offense the whole game, and shoot as many 3's as possible. It works. BUT, in the stuff I read, the coach casually mentioned some individual scoring goals for 3 players, AND, they have had their starters in most games well into the 4th and are still full court pressing with huge leads (like 40 and more points). As in, running up the score to get these 3 guys more points, and maybe set some state records in offense.

That does seem to be crossing a "good sportsmanship" line IMO, given that this is Class B High School basketball, and ultimately all high school sports are primarily about learning and not the actual score. So I guess I agree with the overall sentiment of the Principal's Organization, and also am against how the team (the coach) implemented that request - they stopped trying to score altogether, just passed the ball around like keep away till a turnover or were fouled.

Thank you for reading this Maine news update.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

Sids don't wanna sleep
He just wanna bang on da drums all day

sids just want to have fun

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

That high school basketball team kicking everyone's rear end is big news in Maine today.

After reading more about it, I've tempered my initial opinion. This team (Oceanside High School, based in Rockland Maine) is averaging 96 points a game, which is pretty unprecedented, and their style (which I love) is to full court press the whole game, run a fast offense the whole game, and shoot as many 3's as possible. It works. BUT, in the stuff I read, the coach casually mentioned some individual scoring goals for 3 players, AND, they have had their starters in most games well into the 4th and are still full court pressing with huge leads (like 40 and more points). As in, running up the score to get these 3 guys more points, and maybe set some state records in offense.

That does seem to be crossing a "good sportsmanship" line IMO, given that this is Class B High School basketball, and ultimately all high school sports are primarily about learning and not the actual score. So I guess I agree with the overall sentiment of the Principal's Organization, and also am against how the team (the coach) implemented that request - they stopped trying to score altogether, just passed the ball around like keep away till a turnover or were fouled.

Thank you for reading this Maine news update.

lmao

my high school team wasn't allowed to full court press, dunk or touch the rim, all resulted in a tf

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

lmao

my high school team wasn't allowed to full court press, dunk or touch the rim, all resulted in a tf

That's crazy. Was this regular high school sports or private schools or some such?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

MrQwerty posted:

I want a kit SO BAD, just a bass w/ a double kick, hat with a tambourine, snare, two floor toms, four toms, a cowbell and 3-4 cymbals

i had a kit a a teenager and ive wanted one since i got sober 15 years ago and my wife has been incredibly supportive of all of my ADHD midlife crises so now i own 14 skateboards and a small collection of musical instruments most of which i cant really play this is just a lil 5 piece with a hi hat and crash but im super duper excited and both of my kids are also super excited!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Luvcow posted:

lmao

this is some 'town from footloose' bullshit.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

TrashMammal posted:

thanks for keeping the lights on :tipshat:

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Thinking to take a cold shower to increase brown fat and dopamine

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
thinking to take a warm chowder for similar reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

SIDS Vicious posted:

i had a kit a a teenager and ive wanted one since i got sober 15 years ago and my wife has been incredibly supportive of all of my ADHD midlife crises so now i own 14 skateboards and a small collection of musical instruments most of which i cant really play this is just a lil 5 piece with a hi hat and crash but im super duper excited and both of my kids are also super excited!

my buddy sent me that a couple weeks ago, setting his Mapex back up after the Christmas tree came down.
I used to be his drum tech/roadie for 7 years and live he played a much smaller Ludwig set that was a real loving workhorse, he's played that Mapex once live and never particularly wants to again lmao. I've played that Mapex a couple times hanging out with him and once all Step Brothers style when I housesat for him, but he's very protective of his wildly expensive personal kit for some reason lol.
his daughter has a smaller Mapex kit, as well
I've heard him play the drums from 2112 straight through on that kit and it's killer, and I don't even really like rush!

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 21, 2024