Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Post itt every time you lol that trump is going to be president in 2024

of what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

TremorX posted:

of what?

Hell

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Post itt every time you lol that trump is going to be president in 2024

:actually: he won’t be president at any time in 2024!

Because if he prevails in the 2024 election, he doesn’t get inaugurated until 1/20/25! :eng101:

2024 may be the last year he’s not president… ever!

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

APAB

All Presidents Are Bastards

This guy's got it. All presidents are the seme.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
huh, got called away to deal with work stuff this afternoon and it looks like the thread sure had a normal one today. hope everyone got it out of their systems at least.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The guy is an amazing genius at conning people.
Like it might not be a thing you can test on a piece of paper but he is the Michael Jordon of Grifting

I say this because I know that there are bunch of presidents that nobody knows about who would probably might just be 1 bad gene away from being inbred in affluence, or at their core is just the dumbest mother fucker but was hidden by really skilled rhetoric.

And I Don't know enough about that pre-civil ware president who was a big loving screw up.

APAB
i dunno that i'd attribute trump's grift machine to his personal skill at conning people as much as the sheer amount of time and money he's spent building his personal mythos. it's been how many decades since he first earnestly took to print and TV media to yell about how handsome, rich, and good at sex he is? how many decades of his gaudy-rear end branding? how many instances of scripted TV appearances specifically designed to make him look tough and powerful?

all of that was basically multiple lifetimes of investment into his social capital, which he is now exploiting willy-nilly for monetary capital and political capital. unfortunately just kind of by the nature of that conversion, it's hard to tell what the exchange rate is, if even it's negative at all with certain crowds. trump isn't the first person to come across this dynamic even in the modern day; musk exploits the same dynamic all the time to keep his pack of simps apologizing for him as he burns around him to ashes in a narcissistic conflagration.

but, i guess whether it's the result of careful cultivation over decades or trump is some sort of enlightened genius at conning people, the effect is the same.

fortunately, trump is provably bleeding followers outside of his hardcore base - you can even look at the TROOF engagement numbers in screenshotted posts in this thread vs the last one to notice that there's definitely a bleed in like and retweet engagement. i see no reason to think that someone who won't even press a button on the internet for donny t will leave their house and head to a polling station to press a button for him.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:actually: he won’t be president at any time in 2024!

Because if he prevails in the 2024 election, he doesn’t get inaugurated until 1/20/25! :eng101:

2024 may be the last year he’s not president… ever!

Goddamn when you're right, you're right!

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

TremorX posted:

of what?

my dick and balls and deez united states

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Spazzle posted:

This guy's got it. All presidents are the seme.

i vaguely remember this being some kind of slang for a jojo-style gay guy back in the early 2000s and it makes this conversation spectacular

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

emSparkly posted:

And to think we vote for these guys out of some sense of harm reduction. There are people all over the world who want us dead because we exist as Americans and they might have a point.

To be fair, if there's one thing that makes me more depressed than American News, it's Global News. Things don't look good for Germany, for example, between the AfD on the rise and that "leftist" party splitting off with an anti-immigration platform https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/16/conservative-left-europe-far-right-sahra-wagenknecht-germany.

Even if the UK finally ditches the Tories this year it's still going to be TERF Island.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

william henry harrison had a pretty good presidency imo

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
In half of the recent photos of him, Trump looks like he's already been dead for a while. I can't imagine what visage we'd be greeted with come January 2025.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Coolguye posted:

fortunately, trump is provably bleeding followers outside of his hardcore base - you can even look at the TROOF engagement numbers in screenshotted posts in this thread vs the last one to notice that there's definitely a bleed in like and retweet engagement. i see no reason to think that someone who won't even press a button on the internet for donny t will leave their house and head to a polling station to press a button for him.

yeah but he can bleed followers because the electoral college does weird things to those numbers
Trump Can bleed out all of his California and New York supporters and it won't effect the number
(Note: it might effect his money)

He could also bleed out ton of his supporters and Texas and Florida,
so long as there are enough people to get him past that 51% of the voters.

There are people who automatically will vote R, no matter what.
The electoral college is a tug of war where most people are cancelled out.
leaving the whims of under 80'000 people to say who is the next president is.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/12/hillary-clinton-margin-loss-votes

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

yeah but he can bleed followers because the electoral college does weird things to those numbers
Trump Can bleed out all of his California and New York supporters and it won't effect the number
(Note: it might effect his money)

He could also bleed out ton of his supporters and Texas and Florida,
so long as there are enough people to get him past that 51% of the voters.

There are people who automatically will vote R, no matter what.
The electoral college is a tug of war where most people are cancelled out.
leaving the whims of under 80'000 people to say who is the next president is.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/12/hillary-clinton-margin-loss-votes
i mean that's true until it isn't, again, a lot of the polls now are assuming trump won't be the candidate and a lot of those republican votes are functionally getting double counted - the OnlyTrumpers are screaming TRUMP into the phone and hanging up like they did in 2016, and the milquetoast Rs are responding with "whoever isn't biden".

when the reality sets in, the latter group is gonna get demotivated and that's where you'll see those lower TROOF numbers start to take effect. these people aren't gonna magically vote for biden or grow either a conscience or a spine, but they could very well just stay the gently caress home.

a few of 538's own polls in 2016 showed kansas as purple for a few days after trump did something particularly distasteful, because milquetoast republicans had some flashes of conscience and considered staying home, and democrats could forget they had to vote for hilary for a second. i'm not snorting nearly enough hopium to think that something like that could happen in 2024, but the trend is a known one.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

all this talk of trumps chances and nobody has even brought up his crimez and trials, truth is nobody can predict whats gonna happen with all this poo poo

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

F

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

:lol:

rip bozo

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

emSparkly posted:

As one of those dangerous fake girls who are ruining women's sports, I have some few human rights that are hanging by a thread atm so forgive me a bit of anxiety.

Hey, we don't know each other, but people are on your side. My straight, cis rear end is ready to knock over a cop car or two at minimum for you, a total stranger. I'm scared as hell about the future, but I'll be God damned if I'm willing to let my trans friends suffer because of creeping fascism. Don't doubt the work of collective action. But if you do, definitely don't doubt the work of shocking violence. Y'allqueda are the ones who need to rest uneasy, not decent people who deviate from the norm.
I'm as mad as I am ready, and we're not alone in this.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Coolguye posted:

i mean that's true until it isn't, again, a lot of the polls now are assuming trump won't be the candidate and a lot of those republican votes are functionally getting double counted - the OnlyTrumpers are screaming TRUMP into the phone and hanging up like they did in 2016, and the milquetoast Rs are responding with "whoever isn't biden".

when the reality sets in, the latter group is gonna get demotivated and that's where you'll see those lower TROOF numbers start to take effect. these people aren't gonna magically vote for biden or grow either a conscience or a spine, but they could very well just stay the gently caress home.

a few of 538's own polls in 2016 showed kansas as purple for a few days after trump did something particularly distasteful, because milquetoast republicans had some flashes of conscience and considered staying home, and democrats could forget they had to vote for hilary for a second. i'm not snorting nearly enough hopium to think that something like that could happen in 2024, but the trend is a known one.

If Trump becomes president, though the current system in place, just trying to map out what it looks like based upon the past.
But yeah there are a lot of outcomes, but here is a worse case scenario.

Renreeja posted:

all this talk of trumps chances and nobody has even brought up his crimez and trials, truth is nobody can predict whats gonna happen with all this poo poo

One possible outcome is that he is still able to run and win the presidency after all the trials. He maybe exonerated, maybe slap on the wrist, or maybe the trials will be delayed, well into his presidency.

Yeah, I don't know, but yeah worse case scenario for a majority of people in the world. Just mapping out possible futures.

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 21, 2024

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
No. Not like this. He was supposed to explode spectacularly at some press event.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Funky See Funky Do posted:

No. Not like this. He was supposed to explode spectacularly at some press event.

He’s tottering quietly out the back door

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

literally exploding into treats, his former chud fans feasting on his sugary remains

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Can't we all just get along?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Trpum will lose again in 2024 because his bunch of clowns didn't leave well enough alone when it came to Roe v. Wade.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
remember when so many people said trump couldnt win in 2016

lol lmao

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

New Hampshire just got LOOMERED!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Coolguye posted:

literally exploding into treats, his former chud fans feasting on his sugary remains

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I took a nap and had a surreal dream where Trump had his upper torso grafted onto a giant scorpion body, becoming a scorpi-taur. And replaced his hands with scorpion claws that had teeth in them.

He continued to campaign like this as if nothing had changed.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Captain Invictus posted:

I took a nap and had a surreal dream where Trump had his upper torso grafted onto a giant scorpion body, becoming a scorpi-taur. And replaced his hands with scorpion claws that had teeth in them.

a fitting metaphor for his speech from tonight

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I can't say I saw Pillow Guy becoming a right wing lifestyle brand.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

gotta do something with that half-a-factory he still has left

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Escape From Noise posted:

As long as he loses all his money again, he can do whatever he wants

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

zone posted:

As long as he loses all his money again, he can do whatever he wants

Oh. For sure. I just find it very bizarre and funny. All of these things always turn out to be scams or turn into one. Like the right wing gun coffee.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Oh. For sure. I just find it very bizarre and funny. All of these things always turn out to be scams or turn into one. Like the right wing gun coffee.

The original price is $198.99.
$200 for $30 shoes.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Captain Invictus posted:

Dune sequels sounding nice

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

happyhippy posted:

$200 for $30 shoes.

WHAT A STEAL!

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

happyhippy posted:

$200 for $30 shoes.

I bought slippers just like that for $10.98 at Walmart. So he is grifting even more than you think.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I find it highly unlikely though not impossible that Trump wins.

It's obvious enthusiasm for him is very low except by his ever shrinking base. And I know Biden isn't doing much better in the way of enthusiasm but with the overturning of Roe v Wade there is enough enthusiasm to stop Republicans that I think the fact that Trump is just running on a platform of revenge and not policy that there is no chance he gets the votes necessary to win.

What I'm really looking forward to is him winning the nomination and then being sent to prison before the election which would be devastating for Republicans nationwide.

They really are stuck between a rock and a hard place because Trump will likely win the nomination but they could at the convention choose someone else if he is imprisoned and the hell that would break loose from that would be insane.

These fuckers deserve this I hope they are devastated electorally for the next 20 to 30 years.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

wheatpuppy posted:

I bought slippers just like that for $10.98 at Walmart. So he is grifting even more than you think.

Listen he had to sell off half his stitching lines and tagged assets, he's got hella warehouse space, and half his factory floor space is technically warehouse now too

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
You can actually just fold up your My Pillow TM pillow and walk on it, that's technically a slipper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Should have called his streaming service (?) My Pillow Talk