Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

weg posted:

Even if Trump wins he's too much of a lazy poo poo to get around to passing any legislation to put anyone in a camp. There's a fairly good chance he dies on a toilet regardless of the election outcome. I hope this in some way helps with your anxiety.

Yeah, this is the problem - Trump wanted to be a dictator first time around too, but he keeps forgetting he'd actually have to have the military and the judiciary fully on his side or be willing to purge them.

He's too lazy to do that. Not to hand it to Hitler, but Hitler also recognized that he was going to be unable to hold maintain power without forcing the powers that be to either align with him or violently get them out of his way. That's not something Trump nor his yes men cronies appear capable of doing.

Trump is fascism but without the willpower to actually fully commit to the bad things in order to go full mask off. That was part of the concern about someone like Desantis, who might actually be willing to do that poo poo until Desantis' mask slipped and it turns out he's just as much of a muppet as Trump is.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Even if he wins, and can't legally run for a third term, he will still keep running. He will still be begging for donations, he will still put on huge fascist "campaign" rallies. Even if he has to campaign for someone else, he will make it about himself somehow. He will not stop running for President. It will never end.

The man started having rallies right after he'd won the goddamn presidency the first time and was already whining about how he deserved a third term because of how poorly he'd been treated.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Even if he wins, and can't legally run for a third term, he will still keep running. He will still be begging for donations, he will still put on huge fascist "campaign" rallies. Even if he has to campaign for someone else, he will make it about himself somehow. He will not stop running for President. It will never end.

He isn’t super young. It’s definitely going to “end” at some point

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

He isn’t super young. It’s definitely going to “end” at some point

He will come back from the dead to hold rallies as he loses body parts.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m looking forward to Melania leaving him in a very public and messy way. She’s awful and don’t deserve poo poo but he’s *more* awful and deserves all the bad press he can get. It will also be fun to see the inevitable bachelor president” takes the right wing media will try and cobble together around an orange oil spill in a suit.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

loving throwback. Page 1 of these google results is a hell of a play in two acts:

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=macedonian+spammers+trump

Step 1: Get your foreign buddies to astroturf a ton so your numbers look huge
Step 2: Gold rush over now that our numbers are intimidating-looking; forget these guys, they weren't supposed to even be a chyron for our security's sake.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Not gonna lie, I would love nothing more than for Trump to lose to Haley and end up running as a spoiler candidate while completely poo poo-talking her so hard that the GOP electorate decides to skip out on the election. Possibly because we could actually see a majority of Dems in the house and senate, and maybe see actual decent infrastructure and civil rights progress. Trump would be the angriest, most bitter and insane candidate in US history if he loses to Haley and that’d be a huge lol.

Will this happen? Fuuuuuuuck no. Nice to think about, though.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Escape From Noise posted:

He will come back from the dead to hold rallies as he loses body parts.

He's gonna be resurrected as an AI that just goes full hallucination and spews garbage

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

CommieGIR posted:

He's gonna be resurrected as an AI that just goes full hallucination and spews garbage

So basically the plot of Portal 2 where loving GLADOS becomes a protagonist. Sounds about right.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Trump is fascism but without the willpower

Triumph Of The Won't

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

BigglesSWE posted:

I’m looking forward to Melania leaving him in a very public and messy way. She’s awful and don’t deserve poo poo but he’s *more* awful and deserves all the bad press he can get. It will also be fun to see the inevitable bachelor president” takes the right wing media will try and cobble together around an orange oil spill in a suit.

I assume the prenup she signed is pretty airtight and makes sure she gets nothing if she leaves him, though if he is actually convicted and goes to prison all bets are off

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

CSPAM crosspost:

lol @ Haley -2 from Trump. Less than 24 hours ago I'm pretty sure that was a single digit number, and we've got this poo poo until Tuesday.

Nate Silver could sneeze and Haley would overtake Trump.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

funeral home DJ posted:

Will this happen? Fuuuuuuuck no. Nice to think about, though.

My 2016 dream was Bernie v Kasich with Trump running third party. Dreams don't come true.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Agents are GO! posted:

Triumph Of The Won't

'Triumph of the "That sounds like work"'

I cannot be emphasized enough how loving lazy Trump and the people he picks are.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

CommieGIR posted:

In other words so accurate and faithful to the real Trump that people will swear it's really him. They might even begin to worship it as a God.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

So basically the plot of Portal 2 where loving GLADOS becomes a protagonist. Sounds about right.

Trump is America's Intelligence Dampening Core

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, you cant say "oh the mayor of Sendai thought that Japan should surrender" but there was zero civilian control over Japan by 1945, and the high command was insane and totally willing to sacrifice the entire country to save face if it came down to it. You're not really dealing with rational leaders there. There is no end to the pacific war that isn't a horrible war crime, that people should still be condemned for.

Anyways, this is a derail, but i was watching the Running Man the other night and that is the future with American Fascism. The countries a jail where anyone who deviates from the accepted norms are locked up, limited travel, violence is used by the government to surpress the population but its faked so people think its only a rogue element. But the main source of control would be 24/7 propaganda networks pumping lies into everyone's head and you can't turn it off. Obviously the televised executions but they won't have the aspect of dressing it up as if its actually just like wrestling, he might look like he was killed there, but nope, that was just part of the show! No it will be Trump pulling the lever so someone who wrote a tweet about how he stinks does the short drop.

Though it will not be nearly as nice surface level, because these people in reality are extremely lazy and stupid and there won't even be that surface level veneer that every things good actually.

I think you will find it’s actually the hungry games with the powdered wigs and foppish dandy makeup

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

chainchompz posted:

In other words so accurate and faithful to the real Trump that people will swear it's really him. They might even begin to worship it as a God.

A Trump hologram does a speech next to a hologram Tupac.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

FuturePastNow posted:

I assume the prenup she signed is pretty airtight and makes sure she gets nothing if she leaves him, though if he is actually convicted and goes to prison all bets are off

She was probably in a pretty good bargaining position during her last couple pre-nup renegotiation sessions, I mean she definitely can't leave him, but it seems like she isn't expected to actually spend time with him.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Worth noting is that all of DeSantis' voters are going to shift to Haley regardless of who DeSantis endorses (which will be Trump)

All six of them

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It does raise the question of who DeSantis supporters go to, because if they're Trumpists they'd not have supported DeSantis in the first place. But supporting Haley may be unpalatable to them too.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I bet Melania hopes Trump doesn't win. She doesn't want to have to move back to that dump in DC again, with Mr Stinky

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

kw0134 posted:

It does raise the question of who DeSantis supporters go to, because if they're Trumpists they'd not have supported DeSantis in the first place. But supporting Haley may be unpalatable to them too.

They want Desantis to continue to govern (read: gently caress up) Florida, but the Presidency can only be given to King Trump in their mind.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

CommieGIR posted:

They want Desantis to continue to govern (read: gently caress up) Florida, but the Presidency can only be given to King Trump in their mind.
But were that the case, they'd have voted for Trump in the primary directly and not bother giving him whatever stupid fraction he wasted millions to get. So whoever actually is voting for DeSantis should he drop out has to go somewhere, but is that back to Trump, to Haley, or just staying home?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

redshirt posted:

I bet Melania hopes Trump doesn't win. She doesn't want to have to move back to that dump in DC again, with Mr Stinky

Would she even bother this time? Hadn’t she effectively moved back to New York not too long into the first term, just showing up for media appearances about her weird Christmas decorations and terrible gardens?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

But I thought Jared solved the Middle East?! Jared, why did you fail us?!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

And by god if tweeting in all caps doesn't just fix everything

e: lmfao 2k likes. How much does he usually get on TRUTH SOCIAL, THE SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK FOR WINNERS?

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 21, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

redshirt posted:

That made me think of that fake tweet of hers finding him face down in a toilet, YUCK! Lmao.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He sounds so excited.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I would be more worried about a Biden/Haley match up than a Biden/Trump. If Trump is the Republican nom you're going to get a ton of Dems turning out specifically to vote against him but if it is a "normal" Republican like Haley I could see some people staying home because they don't like Biden.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, this is the problem - Trump wanted to be a dictator first time around too, but he keeps forgetting he'd actually have to have the military and the judiciary fully on his side or be willing to purge them.

He's too lazy to do that. Not to hand it to Hitler, but Hitler also recognized that he was going to be unable to hold maintain power without forcing the powers that be to either align with him or violently get them out of his way. That's not something Trump nor his yes men cronies appear capable of doing.

Trump is fascism but without the willpower to actually fully commit to the bad things in order to go full mask off. That was part of the concern about someone like Desantis, who might actually be willing to do that poo poo until Desantis' mask slipped and it turns out he's just as much of a muppet as Trump is.

Hitler also had no one in power outside the social democrats and remaining libs wanting germany to be a democracy. outside parts of the Chud GOP, most people want america to continue being a democracy for both good and opertunistic reasons. trump is too lazy and the maga inteligencia is too up its own rear end with weird insane wannabe wannsee conference poo poo but with people who poo poo post about cartoons on /pol/.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Waffle House posted:

And by god if tweeting in all caps doesn't just fix everything

e: lmfao 2k likes. How much does he usually get on TRUTH SOCIAL, THE SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK FOR WINNERS?

He's like a teenager furiously pouring their angst into a livejournal nobody will read.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

muscles like this! posted:

I would be more worried about a Biden/Haley match up than a Biden/Trump. If Trump is the Republican nom you're going to get a ton of Dems turning out specifically to vote against him but if it is a "normal" Republican like Haley I could see some people staying home because they don't like Biden.

this. i think haley has a much much greater shot at winning then trump though she is damaged from trumpists sitting home or writing in trump.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Yeah. Poetic justice would be him living through his failure and then dying after he is declared loser.

Then 10 years of reprogramming and trying to deal with a bunch of cultists without a cult boss.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at fairweather / low information voters.

in denial that Don has like an almost 100% chance of winning the primary, that "normal" Republicans are this and will fallin line with MAGA.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

“Haley what do you think about abortion”

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Hitler also had no one in power outside the social democrats and remaining libs wanting germany to be a democracy. outside parts of the Chud GOP, most people want america to continue being a democracy for both good and opertunistic reasons. trump is too lazy and the maga inteligencia is too up its own rear end with weird insane wannabe wannsee conference poo poo but with people who poo poo post about cartoons on /pol/.

I know it's this. "CHUDs" are a fringe group of, basically, millennial streamers who make Oh Just The Dankest Memes that shelter in an otherwise indifferent Republican voterbase. With Trump's wild, whoa, bombastic, such big energy long since running its course, it's better to start looking for other options now before he gives the GOP even more of a Columbian necktie.

The people who want insurrection are the same 3%'ers who are under constant ATF and likely FBI surveillance; they are not a major force in the US by any stretch of the imagination, but for a second they did something really loving scary that looked great on Fox.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 21, 2024

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

'Triumph of the "That sounds like work"'

I cannot be emphasized enough how loving lazy Trump and the people he picks are.

yet despite all that, our rickety loving institutions barely, barely, kept him in check last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Alan Smithee posted:

“Haley what do you think about abortion”

The abortion issue could easily be a driving issue to get more Dems to the booths because they’ve seen what happens when there’s just enough majority by the GOP to floor the gas pedal into creating Gilead.