Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

100 pages of the most honest discussion of AEW on the internet

drat right! The Hooters and Hollerers cheered when rankings ended and cheer when they come back. The Hell Holers knew it sucked when rankings left and applaud Tony for changing course. We're the intellectually honest AEW watcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fart blood posted:

I didn’t think the team was anything special at all and I don’t particularly care that a Swerve/Lee blowoff match hasn’t happened yet.

Yeah it was lame the whole way through not least of all because they kept cutting off Swerve’s great theme with Lee’s very mediocre one

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah it was lame the whole way through not least of all because they kept cutting off Swerve’s great theme with Lee’s very mediocre one

Thematically it fit the team style of the match becoming mediocre whenever Swerve tagged in Keith Lee.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
remember when keith lee was good

no well neither do i

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

no well neither do i

I saw a really good Lee vs Ishii match on a Progress show years ago.

Of course, Ishii could probably carry me to 4 stars and I've never taken a bump in my life.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

C. Everett Koop posted:

no well neither do i

Yes, it was before he went to WWE

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The best Keith Lee moment I ever saw was everyone at the Somerville Armory chanting Keith Lee anytime they saw him and wrestling John Silver when he could still run. I was also chanting

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I would like to see HOOK suplex Keith Lee a bunch and beat him.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, it was before he went to WWE

Hell, even in NXT he was great, I was lucky enough to see one of those Dijak matches live.

The dude was so drat good, bursting with charisma (which he still has boatloads of), but physically got ravaged by COVID. Shame!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Gaz-L posted:

I would like to see HOOK suplex Keith Lee a bunch and beat him.

Just thinking about Keith Lee jobbing to Hook has made Keith need a third surgery! I hope you're proud of yourself!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Keith’s NXT/indie run was good.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Everybody's tired of The Acclaim

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

magiccarpet posted:

Everybody's tired of The Acclaim

I love em

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

fart blood posted:

I didn’t think the team was anything special at all and I don’t particularly care that a Swerve/Lee blowoff match hasn’t happened yet.

counterpoint: they ruled. i also don't particularly care that the match hasn't happened, though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There was a moment where I cared but Lee would be a significant step down for Swerve at this point.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The peak (admittedly i have a case of 4th row bias) of swerve in our glory was the Final Battle match against STP. Also the rick ross moderated face off was funny, as was the debut of tattoos man. But yes, swerve is now on a different track.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You a big motherfucker.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

You a big motherfucker.

GOATed aew moment. we need stuff like this again

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MJeff posted:

You a big motherfucker.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sex Farm posted:

I honestly think that the only thing holding this thread back is a catchphrase that can compete with "hooting and hollering". Once y'all figure it out you'll be unstoppable

sneerin' and jeerin'

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is that knockoff Lesnar guy still signed and if so why

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

no

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oh good

That was almost as wtf a signing as tattoo face guy

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RIP Baseball Mutant

He never scored

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I liked the Baseball Mutant

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Parker Boudreau's career has been so weird. He started as wish.com Brock, turned into woke druid guy's mute bald heavy, then went to AEW....and turned back into wish.com Brock with THE TRUSTBUSTERS and then as Swerve's guy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's odd because the two big lumps definitely had more of the entourage of dudes who may or may not have records vibe that you'd expect with Swerve's whole hip-hop mogul gimmick but they're also blatantly much worse than Cage and the Gates, despite the latter group's aesthetic not really matching.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 22, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

It's odd because the two big lumps definitely had more of the entourage of dudes who may or may not have records vibe that you'd expect with Swerve's whole hip-hop mogul gimmick but they're also blatantly much worse than Cage and the Gates, despite the letter group's aesthetic not really matching.

Who themselves started as Tully Blanchard's faction before being hurriedly tossed to Nana when Tully got himself fired by no showing.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Having the best big henchman goon in the buisiness as your heavy is a lot of more legit than some guys who might look the part better on the surface.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m glad Cage seems to be happy with his spot now because while it probably is his ceiling he’s real good at it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

My brian cage view is that when he does the second rope superplex and hurls some guy to the other corner a part of my brain just goes HAW HAW HAW and is blissful

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think Big Bill should be in Swerve’s group, so that he can reform the generationally great tag team of Big Bill/Brian Cage

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah the standing doomsday device was too loving sick to not be their tag team finish forever and ever.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

NienNunb posted:

I think Big Bill should be in Swerve’s group, so that he can reform the generationally great tag team of Big Bill/Brian Cage

Swolverine and Billossus

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And Swerve is a massive upgrade from the last wannabe rap star Bill stood behind.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

this would Restore The Feeling muchly

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Baseball Mutant ruled and the haters have a real "don't get it" and "hate fun" problem

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Nah he loving sucked and was a low rent meme

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
bearded dustin taylor looks like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted: