Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

My cats have discovered that they can (attempt to) climb my curtains. I'm tired of putting the curtains back up every day so I'd welcome tips on how the hell to get them to stop.

The culprit sisters:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

my boy ...defeated the child safety thing on the cabinets:

asserting his fifth amendment rights:

Rain Brain
Dec 15, 2006

in ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds
Vimes had a lazy Saturday - watched a little tv and then enjoyed some pets:

Carrot got soused on catnip (making sure to liberally scatter it on the rug) and passed out:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Barfed up a huge one on my bedsheets.

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024
She's been hiding on top of the kitchen cabinets. I have to be careful when running the water at the sink since it triggers her epilepsy. I guess the dishes aren't gettin' done tonight :/

Nice to meet y'all btw!

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Aliensandwich posted:

She's been hiding on top of the kitchen cabinets. I have to be careful when running the water at the sink since it triggers her epilepsy. I guess the dishes aren't gettin' done tonight :/

Nice to meet y'all btw!

awww poor kitty cat :(

welcome to somethingawful

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Got spooked by the doorbell, but then got excited once they realized it was a delivery which means BRAND NEW BOX
(it's a small box so they've been fighting for who gets to be in it at any given moment)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Claimed my shorts and blended into the towels

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Rain Brain posted:

Carrot got soused on catnip (making sure to liberally scatter it on the rug) and passed out:

:monocle: The little fellow is debauched!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

puked up dinner on the carpet, weak sauce dude

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
She's in heat and I won't be able to get her fixed for about a week, so she's meowling real loud and waggling her butt at me suggestively a whole lot.

In the meantime she's getting double dinners so she's at least got a full bellly.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ran around excitedly while I prepared some chili in a slow cooker, then took a nap.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Was extremely LARGE.

edit: Paperclip is now mostly referred to as Large Cat or Dog at this point.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 21, 2024

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

She came out from wherever she was hiding, chirped at me, begged for treats, let me pet her, and then disappeared to who knows where.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
shared the cat platform together

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

How does that table have both a cat on it, as well as so many little doodads? Is this a late Christmas miracle?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Anderson Koopa posted:

She came out from wherever she was hiding, chirped at me, begged for treats, let me pet her, and then disappeared to who knows where.

Exquisite face

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Gromit posted:

How does that table have both a cat on it, as well as so many little doodads? Is this a late Christmas miracle?

This is a thing that has been discussed at length separately with my husband and therapist. Both of us are incredibly high-strung, obsessively organized and clean people that operate on an extremely regular schedule for basically everything. Seriously, down to there always being fresh flowers in our kitchen, living room and hallway, ALWAYS. Our prevailing theory is since we adopted them as little kittens, we broke them, they literally do not know of a world that is without absolute perfect structure and order and gave them some cat mental disorder that causes them to be afraid to touch anything just out of pure vibes.

Our cats literally tip toe around objects on tables to avoid disturbing them.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:staredog:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

It's been brought to my attention that this is not a living situation typically compatible with cats.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

ChickenHeart posted:

Exquisite face

Thank you, she is a very expressive cat.

Here's a bonus image of the other one.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Three Olives posted:

It's been brought to my attention that this is not a living situation typically compatible with cats.

Same kind of reclining pose, so I am left to believe that your cat is actually one of those hyper-real plushies. Occam's Razor.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Three Olives posted:

This is a thing that has been discussed at length separately with my husband and therapist. Both of us are incredibly high-strung, obsessively organized and clean people that operate on an extremely regular schedule for basically everything. Seriously, down to there always being fresh flowers in our kitchen, living room and hallway, ALWAYS. Our prevailing theory is since we adopted them as little kittens, we broke them, they literally do not know of a world that is without absolute perfect structure and order and gave them some cat mental disorder that causes them to be afraid to touch anything just out of pure vibes.

Our cats literally tip toe around objects on tables to avoid disturbing them.

My cats are like this too but I have ADHD and am extremely chaotic and disorganized. Neither one of them does literally any of the 'rear end in a top hat cat' things people always talk about. They don't knock anything over, they avoid touching anything on tables, they don't even climb around and get into dumb spots. They just chill and hang out w/ me and cuddle all day

I'm pretty sure cats only do that stuff to get attention from people and I give my cats constant attention so :shrug:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Cats want to annoy you if they don't get enough attention.

They are not dumb, they know what annoys you as well as what will upset you.

They choose based on your crime

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
My cat is similarly not a destructive goblin, and has stretched himself out on crowded tables without knocking things over. He's pretty well behaved in general; the worst thing he does is claw at furniture and carpets when no one's looking.

Cheese, my old cat, liked to knock things over, and did it in front of me a lot. She was a funny cat, I miss her. Streaky is my soulmate and my baby, but Cheese was my girly girl who loved to cuddle and ride on my shoulders.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Sukie just (deliberately?) stepped on the remote control, switching over from a cricket match to a sitcom.

Guess she doesn’t like sports.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

My foster grey fuzzy boy is obsessed with water and spent a lot of time meowing at me while I was cooking to go to the bathroom and turn the sink on. His sister is equally water obsessed and had jumped in the shower with me.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
He got his claws trimmed, and is sulking over the injury to his pride. (And only his pride, he's never been nicked once getting his claws trimmed.)

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

OMG he just farted for like the first time in 3 years it smells like rotten potato chips (how?! Why did my brain even imagine I know what that smells like?)

but he's laying down right beside me on the warm blanket and I don't want to move him

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Beautiful cat. What kind of personality does it have?

Lilac lounged in bed and permitted me to give her a tummy rub. She is very sweet and soft!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Majestic; refined

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that's a fine kitty

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

:same:

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Dignity, always dignity.

(Yes, it's a trap. Do not approach, unless you have treats.)

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Anderson Koopa posted:

Beautiful cat. What kind of personality does it have?

She's super sweet social, and loves pats

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
We stayed with my partner's sister over the christmas break. We quickly learned who runs the household.

Think very carefully before you sit on my couch..

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol get outta here intruder you are not welcome

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Sitting on the shitter and he's standing guard while I let rip. My little poop wingman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

They're both very upset because I have covid so I won't let them cuddle with me