Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

GateOfD posted:

the deer one just keeps resummoning the roots and removing its weakness x_x

I assume you don’t have Jungliu? She kills the roots for me faster than the deer can make them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

got the SS easy with Herta.
good thing I built her up for FP

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Deer- Fu Xuan, Topaz, Herta, Ruan Mei
Kefka- Fu Xuan, Blade Ratio, Ruan Mei
Yanqing- Blade, Ratio, Serval, Ruan Mei
Bronya- Fu Xuan, Sushang, Ratio, Ruan Mei
Coco- Fu Xuan, Topaz, Serval, Ruan Mei

I'm so reliant on the Fu Xuan/Ruan Mei combo for everythng...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Speaking of Herta, I really enjoy her with Kafka and Topaz. It's kind of weird but kind of works, but I doubt it would do great in MoC.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

How much time do I have left to save for black swan?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

How much time do I have left to save for black swan?

Should be two weeks and change to the banner swap and then a three week run of her banner, I believe?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And the special program should be this Friday? I can't wait to get confirmation on the reruns.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I did end up pulling Kafka with my guarantee. Even pulled an off banner four star on the way so no real waste involved. Very glad to have gotten her since I wanted her from the start, but was on break during her first banner. Going to take a little while to get her built though since the Good Doctor and his LC took my resources (and still have a few more trace levels to do).

Thanks everyone who offered input on her! I hope I can win the Black Swan 50/50.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Just beat Swarm Disaster 5 using Path of Abundance. Taking every defensive blessing while also getting lucky with the key Remembrance Dissociation ones did the trick.

Used Clara/Topaz/Ruan Mei/Huohuo and they just melted the Plane bosses while barely taking damage. It was great.

Hooray for never needing to play that and G&G ever again!

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
:siren: overthinking alert!!! :siren:

I feel like pulling on the LC banner for once (my LC stable is weak & my roster overstuffed).

Enjoying free Ratio, who has S5 Cruising (taken from Sushang, who now has S2 Swordplay; my Topaz has S5 Only Silence). His signature LC looks really good.

I love Kafka, who's got S5 Fermata, but her signature 5-star looks significantly better.

Finally, I'm building Ruan Mei and have nothing good (of my other Harmonies, Bronya has her sig, Asta and Hanya have S5 Cogs, Tingyun who I barely use has S3 Carve; and I've got unused decent-superimposed copies of Dance! and Rendezvous.) I figure I'll hopefully hit on a usable 4-star, or S5-ish of a third Cogs, on the way to one of the 5-stars.

With all that in mind, would you:

- pull for Veritas Bathtub
- pull for Kafka's Extremely Small Portion Sizes
- shuffle my existing LC allotment around (or dig into the Herta or FH stores), and put the gems towards the 2.0+ character banners, overstuffed roster be damned

?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I went for Ratio's cone because he's free and I like him. Kafka's is probably better.

My account is also pretty stuffed. I've already decided on getting Sam and trying for Screwllum, so I'm just concerned with making my existing characters stronger.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 22, 2024

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

bitprophet posted:

I feel like pulling on the LC banner for once (my LC stable is weak & my roster overstuffed).

Enjoying free Ratio, who has S5 Cruising (taken from Sushang, who now has S2 Swordplay; my Topaz has S5 Only Silence). His signature LC looks really good.

I love Kafka, who's got S5 Fermata, but her signature 5-star looks significantly better.

Finally, I'm building Ruan Mei and have nothing good (of my other Harmonies, Bronya has her sig, Asta and Hanya have S5 Cogs, Tingyun who I barely use has S3 Carve; and I've got unused decent-superimposed copies of Dance! and Rendezvous.) I figure I'll hopefully hit on a usable 4-star, or S5-ish of a third Cogs, on the way to one of the 5-stars.

- shuffle my existing LC allotment around (or dig into the Herta or FH stores), and put the gems towards the 2.0+ character banners, overstuffed roster be damned

?

I tried for the bathtub. Got a second copy of Something Irriplaceable. The first I bought from the shop the week before as I got Clara as my 300 standard pull reward.

I hate the LC banners :(

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

bitprophet posted:

?

Personally I'd rather get Black Swan as a new buddy for Kafka than a new lightcone, so I'm saving up and hoping to win the coin flip.

LC banners are definitely a strong choice when you're satisfied with your roster, though. Looking at prydwen, Dr Ratio's cone is 13% higher than S5 Cruising for him, and Kafka's is 16% higher than S5 Fermata for her. I'd pick the one for the character you like better, or the path where you have fewer good cones so someone can take the hand-me-down.

LC banners just make me nervous because although it's a 75/25 instead of 50/50, I'd much rather have a standard 5* character than a standard 5* cone. I did previously get Topaz's LC which has worked out extremely well.

Genovera fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 22, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Not sure how I managed this on the max difficulty but hey not a bad achievement. I'm sure it's super easy to get if you just do difficulty 3 and nuke everything on turn 1 though.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
nice

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Bad Video Games posted:

And the special program should be this Friday? I can't wait to get confirmation on the reruns.

i’m hoping it’s dhil for one of them so i can feel okay about skipping for aventurine. i will not hold strong if it’s jing yuan or luocha

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Supposedly 2.0 is Black Swan + Jing Yuan followed by Sparkle + DHIL, then 2.1 is Aventurine and Sam. Unknown what the rerun characters are for 2.1 yet.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Luocha continues to be dead I see

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MNSNTZR posted:

i’m hoping it’s dhil for one of them so i can feel okay about skipping for aventurine. i will not hold strong if it’s jing yuan or luocha

I already have Jing Yuan. I just want his light cone.

Zurai posted:

Supposedly 2.0 is Black Swan + Jing Yuan followed by Sparkle + DHIL, then 2.1 is Aventurine and Sam. Unknown what the rerun characters are for 2.1 yet.

Really hoping all of this is true. I'm sitting on a guarantee after losing out on Blade. Sam looks too cool.

Edit: I'm also happy if DHIL is in the second half. If Sam's gimmicks look like poo poo during the 2.1 teaser, I can just use my guarantee for Daniel. I wanted him too.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 22, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I want all of the 2.0 and 2.1 characters. life is pain.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

Luocha continues to be dead I see

theyre probably saving luocha's rerun for when he reappears in the story

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

no need for DoTs, fully invested in followup team, gonna be smooth saving for a while

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm dying for either a Jingliu rerun or a good damage-dealing ice follow up unit

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I really need Luocha rerun but next patch (well to be real all of 2.x for a while probs) would be hard to get him. Huohuo was a godsend for me, and the only problem with her LC is that I wish I had two so my second healer could keep up. Trying to deal with either Bailu or Lynx as my second healer has been pain since I’m not strong enough to kill poo poo fast enough. I really wish Bailu just had a crumb of cleansing. Although if Fu Xuan wants to rerun that would be even better tbh.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Bad Video Games posted:

I already have Jing Yuan. I just want his light cone.

i do not have jing yuan. starting at 1.4 was a mistake for a rapidly expanding multitude of reasons but especially for a male-collecting gimmick

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

MNSNTZR posted:

i do not have jing yuan. starting at 1.4 was a mistake for a rapidly expanding multitude of reasons but especially for a male-collecting gimmick

Starting late was a mistake for me too because every Silver Wolf text on the internet says "ha ha you don't have her event LC at Superimposition 5? You idiot, you clown, you utter buffoon, you absolute macaroon, die,"

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

NachtSieger posted:

Starting late was a mistake for me too because every Silver Wolf text on the internet says "ha ha you don't have her event LC at Superimposition 5? You idiot, you clown, you utter buffoon, you absolute macaroon, die,"

To be fair that's less relevant if you have her at E2? :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Kyrosiris posted:

It's more relevant because you can completely eschew effect hit rate from literally every other piece of gear :v:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i have been playing since launch and i dont have that so you can feel a smug sense of superiority over not being huge whale

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

The trick is to pull her two more times then, a feat which I am not sure I'll be able to achieve any time soon. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can just use the sampo lightcone. the DOT thing is useless but losing out on the energy regen thing from the event LC isnt that big a deal

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I got lucky on a ten pull from the Silver Wolf LC banner and got Incessant Rain and the 5 star Gepard one, so I'm not too bad off. I'm just salty I missed out on the free(ish) event LC.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i have been playing since launch and i dont have that so you can feel a smug sense of superiority over not being huge whale

I think they mean the Tutorial Mission which was given out for free, at S5, to anyone who completed the event

Which I mean, fair. It is ridiculously good

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I started at launch but I rage quit when I got my second Himeko instead of SW, having lost every 50/50 to that point to something I didn’t want or need. I still have fairly bad luck since coming back but I’ve never lost a character LC banner yet so that’s something. But not having SW’s event LC loving sucks and I try not to think about it :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Before Tutorial also allows Pela to 2 turn Ult which is ridic strong.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah Tutorial Mission is basically Meshing Cogs for Nihility

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kyrosiris posted:

Big deal, flaming potent tea did it first

Don't support big soda, support your local flaming potent tea dealer instead.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Special Program is Wednesday!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Hopefully we all get a free Sparkle for CNY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I want all of the 2.0 and 2.1 characters. life is pain.

This. F2P so I have to pick and choose and I’ve no clue other than probably Swan over JY.

An abundance character would have been a slam dunk for me for 2 team scenarios but maybe I’ll pull Bailu in the interim.