Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Quorum posted:

But most of the forts were only established in the run-up to America officially joining WWII, the WWI-vintage forts are comparatively rare :bahgawd:

And "fort" was basically a naming convention, most of the ones in the US interior are camps or posts that don't have fortifications to speak of. Sure there were a bunch of boot camps held there, but this isn't exactly a rockets red glare situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Silly Burrito posted:

Do they have beaches in Canada?
technically i think they have the most in the world.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Looks like Tim Scott may be the VP pick

Why do I say that?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2024/01/21/tim-scott-engaged-vp-trump

South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, a possible VP pick, is engaged to be married

Maybe it's true love. Who knows! But this is DC and everything about this entire relationship is just so weird

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Why do I say that?

Maybe it's true love. Who knows! But this is DC and everything about this entire relationship is just so weird

I don't see the problem. Obviously this is his girlfriend from Canada that has come to the United States and they are finally engaged.

We questioned their love and were proven wrong.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Why do I say that?

Remember when Charlie Christ did this when he thought he had a shot at being McCain's running mate?

I wonder if he's still married to the same lady...

*googles*

Divorced 2017. :shrug:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
whats with the girlfriend canada thing? was there a rumor he wasnt straight?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

"Trump can't possibly be racist because he picked a black guy who married a white divorced single mother of three for his VP spot! Checkmate libs!"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hell yeah Tim Scott is finally going to have sex

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Why do I say that?

Just waiting for the press conference, after their wedding night, were he officially confirms, proudly, on the record, that he has done the sexual intercourse.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 22, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

"Trump can't possibly be racist because he picked a black guy who married a white divorced single mother of three for his VP spot! Checkmate libs!"

Thinking about the multiple page long argument last thread of some goons arguing why trump isn't racist.

Dare we have a sequel?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Toxic Mental posted:

So in this example, Trump's numerous crimes are the "rogue cops" and "few bad apples" that we should just allow so that he can do lot of GOOD things as well? Am I getting this correct?

As long as you always hear it as "World, do what I want. NOW!", you will always be correct until the day Trump dies.

Grey Cat posted:

Thinking about the multiple page long argument last thread of some goons arguing why trump isn't racist.

Dare we have a sequel?

I don't think Trump is racist, under the traditional definition of what we would tend to consider what a racist is. He's not like an Apartheid style racist or even a Nazi. Trump's the racist version of a solipsist: the only thing in existence that has any value is Trump. If he was told he could rule America for the rest of his life and he'd always get an adoring crowd, but to do so he'd have to kill every single white person in the States and bar any from outside it from entering, ie, all he would have are 'Others' doing the adoring, he'd do it in a second. Same with stuff in that vein in actual possible, if also insanely unlikely, things. His father was a true racist, so that left an imprint on Trump and defined a chunk of his racist behaviour, but a true racist will probably put their race first and would want nothing but exile, death, or worse for everyone else. Trump would kill every single member of his race to live five more minutes. But in the end that's arguing over whether the sugar/sweetener/high fructose corn syrup is 'properly sweet tasting'; they still all are intended to have that flavor.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 22, 2024

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pasty Doughboy posted:

Literally does not matter to like 47% of the population.
The voting population, which, if I'm doing this right, is like 66% of the voting-eligible population during high turnout. So, like 29% of the population.

Still terrifying. Particularly because 29% of this shithole is making everything suck for the other 71%, but a very different story than nearly half of the population thinking Hitler's second coming is loving rad.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

:nws:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Just waiting for the press conference, after their wedding night, were he officially confirms, proudly, on the record, that he has done the sexual intercourse.

Funny thing is during his campaign he suddenly stopped saying he was a virgin lmao

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1749260122373656639

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

how dare they change the names of bases named after people like trump

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I was looking at the Mustang Eco boost a few months ago and now I constantly get facebook posts about EVs and I was taken aback by how many people just violently hate EVs. These people just think they're the worst, you're an idiot if you like them, they're ruining the country. Just ready to commit a hate crime because someone drives them. Completely unhinged and irrational behavior. Then I realized, oh wait, they've been listening to Trump.

I think you may want to re-read that. He's exhibiting obvious signs of dementia.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wonder how Christina Pushaw is dealing with today's news

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I was looking at the Mustang Eco boost a few months ago and now I constantly get facebook posts about EVs and I was taken aback by how many people just violently hate EVs. These people just think they're the worst, you're an idiot if you like them, they're ruining the country. Just ready to commit a hate crime because someone drives them. Completely unhinged and irrational behavior. Then I realized, oh wait, they've been listening to Trump.

my problem with ev's is most of them look like poo poo and cost too much

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

PhazonLink posted:

whats with the girlfriend canada thing? was there a rumor he wasnt straight?

Scott is vocally against pre-marital sex but is a 58 year old who has never been married. So either extremely weird, or lying about something so might as well just speculate.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Its weird to be 58 years old and not be able to turn and say " Here are people that I have been in a relationship with that are clearly women".

Like its pretty obvious Tim Scott is gay.

He's also vocally anti premarital sex as others have stated.

Just a total loving weirdo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Speedboat Jones posted:

probably eating a child goya style

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

tim scott, ate my balls?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Toxic Mental posted:

So in this example, Trump's numerous crimes are the "rogue cops" and "few bad apples" that we should just allow so that he can do lot of GOOD things as well? Am I getting this correct?

No. He is the bad apple is what that absolute rogue cop is saying.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If you are Tim Scott does marrying a white lady help or hurt your chances with Trump?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Saying the wrong name is a takeoff on her name? Ok, whatever you say Douglas Trump.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Speedboat Jones posted:

Probably scheduling another Moms For Liberty Gay Orgy And Credit Card Fraud party to cope.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1749240233919492591

Pretty cool that he says a hundred things wrong and everyone just sorta ignores it because he'll say a hundred things wrong tomorrow too

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Funny thing is during his campaign he suddenly stopped saying he was a virgin lmao

But also, not confirming that he had.

Just absolutely amazing that these weird fucks remain part of politics.

I've honestly seriously considering going back to school for a postgrad on why we just tolerate as a society the idea that gay relationships bring intolerable questions to children about anal sex. Yeah, me and my husband regularly have sex because we are adults who have hormones and, yes, I frequently suck my husband's dick, people like having their dicks sucked. However, I have the internet and nobody is asking you if your child knows that their mother loves being chocked while you gently caress them doggy-style and pull their hair, we all know where children come from you loving moron, you have an actual child, I'm not waving some cumrag around screaming "Here is actual proof that my husband came on my face this weekend!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 22, 2024

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If you are going to write an article every time Donald Trump gets his mords wixed then you will never be done.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Okay sure Trump mixes up words all the time, but have you considered biden obama open borfer bad?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hell yeah now we’re cooking with gas

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Three Olives posted:

I've honestly seriously considering going back to school for a postgrad on why we just tolerate as a society the idea that gay relationships bring intolerable questions to children about anal sex. Yeah, me and my husband regularly have sex because we are adults who have hormones and, yes, I frequently suck my husband's dick, people like having their dicks sucked. However, I have the internet and nobody is asking you if your child knows that their mother loves being chocked while you gently caress them doggy-style and pull their hair, we all know where children come from you loving moron, you have an actual child, I'm not waving some cumrag around screaming "Here is actual proof that my husband came on my face this weekend!"

Sir, this is a Wendy's

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Silly Burrito posted:

Sir, this is the Tump thread.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

:lol:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

what in tarnation

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Getting real spicey in here.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Honestly it's a huge relief that I'm no longer the worst thing on this page.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

withak posted:

If you are going to write an article every time Donald Trump gets his mords wixed then you will never be done.

Hillary's Emails.

Hunter Biden's laptop.

It seems Republicans are turning into those Star Trek aliens that communicate solely with stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

It feels like a lot of people are still responding to Trump's individual points and not enough people realizing he's word-salading on TV and his handlers are just letting it happen.

e: I think they see this as the way to get him off the hook for crimes.