Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
did a longer session with a friend. he was completely new and ive done maybe an hour. the guild thing was not obvious and we had pretty established bases by then. you can only have one base per guild, altho you can maybe get one more? idk a little awkward. decent grind so far but feels a little slow compared to what im seeing with youze guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
As you do the missions you see on the right side when you're near the palbox your base will level up and at certain levels (9,14, 31 so far I've seen) you can build another base within a guild.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Can Pokémon use doors or should I construct their dwellings like lean-to’s? My sheep dudes seem confused in the closed barracks I made them.

Orv
May 4, 2011

buglord posted:

Can Pokémon use doors or should I construct their dwellings like lean-to’s? My sheep dudes seem confused in the closed barracks I made them.

If you have a foundation that's just got a door tile on it try putting stairs beneath the door, sometimes it'll fix their pathing.

E: Lava seems to be fake.

Orv fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 22, 2024

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
My god they ripped off Elden Ring

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
correct, its the dark souls of pokemon games

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

I made a gun. Bullets take forever to make.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Namaer posted:

My original base is now just an ammo sweatshop. I have 6 tables with Pals constantly crafting ammo and one for gunpowder.

Waffle Shake posted:

Is there anyway to bind any controls to the mouse? Trying to rebind all the controls is an exercise in madness right now. F is the default button to pick up and drop a pal, but if you remap the pal ability button to E, then F becomes the undocumented pick up button and E is used to drop them?

I use AutoHotKey for this and a lot of other games with binding issues. It's pretty straightforward. This is my script (so far)

code:
#IfWinActive ahk_exe Palworld-Win64-Shipping.exe
MButton::r
e::f
t::e
BUTTON YOU PRESS::BUTTON GAME DETECTS

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The hardest part of this game is catching a monster before the Firefox logo and purple ghost double blast it to death. Doesn't help I upgraded my weapons and sometimes I one shot the weaker guys. Is there a better way to catch super low level things eventually, some kind of weakling ball?

Also what do I do with this badguy/raider I accidentally caught? Do I start building some kind of Mother Base MGSV style or do I just need to let him free and knock him out if he attacks?

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
How’s it run on Steam Deck?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Milosh posted:

How’s it run on Steam Deck?

Decent enough. Mostly above 30 with some small dips below.

Wish it had FSR though that would help a lot.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Man I just can’t get ore moving fast enough autonomously. I have a dedicated mining base set up with like 6 ore nodes and a bunch of digitoise (who are mining rank 3) with rank 2 and 3 haulers and they still mine really slow.

It’s tedious but just heading to the field myself with a Rushoar (or whatever the rideable pig’s name is) and bulldozing nodes is way faster.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Khanstant posted:

The hardest part of this game is catching a monster before the Firefox logo and purple ghost double blast it to death. Doesn't help I upgraded my weapons and sometimes I one shot the weaker guys. Is there a better way to catch super low level things eventually, some kind of weakling ball?

Also what do I do with this badguy/raider I accidentally caught? Do I start building some kind of Mother Base MGSV style or do I just need to let him free and knock him out if he attacks?

Humans sell for $$$ to the black market NPC or are great handicraft workers.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

You get a stun baton at like lvl 22

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Namaer posted:

buy them instead

Duneshelter has the best merchants. Small Settlement has the lower rarity stuff. Don't have enough money? Sell boss loot, schematic dupes, or pal/humans

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Press 4 and set your pals to Not Attack, bottom left. This turns off the auto-pal attacks like daydream and dazzi too

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Armor is damaged.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Found an Old Bow Legendary schematic.
Does 247 compared to crossbows 280, but of course it fires a lot faster.
Though it did take 10 of ancient parts to craft and more to repair.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
i deleted it

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Oh my god the vulture pal will specifically peck at dead bodies

https://v.redd.it/drutdpq8bwdc1/DASH_720.mp4

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
6 minutes until my Huge Dragon Egg I found hatches Edit: it was a Relaxasaurus, what a ripoff I already have 2 of them.

I also explored the lava mountain and came away with 14 regular size Scorching Eggs, 3 Large, and 1 Huge. That was awesome.

RubberLuffy fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 22, 2024

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Just take a break Tombat!! You can take a break whenever you want!

He's going back in the box, he's too eager to overwork and then complain about it. How is this my problem, Tombat.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the world tree is a fake ;_;

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I bought a univolt off a merchant.

Turns out it is extremely useful for capturing all those small Pals that get obliterated by my modern weapons. You can trample them, get them ready for capture in two or three hits then snatch them up without a fuzz. It takes a few seconds and feels very intuitive because the trample deals damage based on how fast you are going so it is easy to measure when to slow down.

I'm not sure if other mounts can trample like that but it's a life-changer for capturing anything smaller than a Hoocrates.

Orv
May 4, 2011

cumpantry posted:

the world tree is a fake ;_;

It clearly has height maps around it so I expect it'll eventually be real given the only cinematic in the game so far.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Orv posted:

It clearly has height maps around it so I expect it'll eventually be real given the only cinematic in the game so far.

okay thats possible. could be an early access thing too

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Game rules. Runs flawlessly on Linux, and while it took some fiddling to get the docker container working, dedicated server is great. Needs more rcon command support, and the in-game chat cuts off longer sentences.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Played about 12 hours with the wife only for the save to end up corrupted. Not best impressed. Game pass version is very janky in places and I'm not paying for this, let's hope it gets patched quickly and I can recover the save.

I wonder if it will load on Xbox, I'll have to try tomorrow

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s worth paying for imo :shrug:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The gamepass version blows and I would almost think it's a clever ploy to get people to shell out on Steam. I didn't think it was worth admission either but the steam version really is better by a lot. I've played this dumb meme game all weekend.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There's multiple recent articles about the gamepass issue being 100% not the devs control. It's attracting a lot of negative attention for the service, not the game itself, which is good.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
In what way is steam better? I do have my one friend on PC gamepass that can't get in game at all at this point, after maybe 12 hours of play.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

In what way is steam better? I do have my one friend on PC gamepass that can't get in game at all at this point, after maybe 12 hours of play.

Gamepass is several versions behind, iirc.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BisbyWorl posted:

Also the steam version will have a higher multiplayer count.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Allegedly at least 3-6 months behind. Because of the lack of crossplay plus Gamepass limited to 4 person co-op the two versions won't be comparable any time soon.

Some details
https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/palworld-dev-explains-steam-xbox-differences-missing-features

quote:

In terms of what's actually different between the two editions of Palworld, Xbox and Microsoft Store users are unfortunately missing quite a bit. Players on Reddit have been taking note of everything in the Steam version that's not in the others, and so far, that list includes the following:

Considerably faster crafting
3 Arrows/craft (currently, you get 1)
Using Technology Points to unlock Statues of Power (currently, you need Ancient Technology Points)
The ability to name your character
The ability to rename Pals
Sound effects that are missing from Xbox/MS Store version
Higher quality audio
An exit button to close the game

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Det_no posted:

I bought a univolt off a merchant.

Turns out it is extremely useful for capturing all those small Pals that get obliterated by my modern weapons. You can trample them, get them ready for capture in two or three hits then snatch them up without a fuzz. It takes a few seconds and feels very intuitive because the trample deals damage based on how fast you are going so it is easy to measure when to slow down.

I'm not sure if other mounts can trample like that but it's a life-changer for capturing anything smaller than a Hoocrates.

The deer that can chop wood that can be found near the starting area can do this as well and I've started using it that way too, it's nice and doesn't waste arrows.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Went off traveling across the lava lands at lvl23 and found just a ton of scorching eggs.
Got this one out of a huge scorching egg.

My travels ended when I came across a lvl50 Fakemon who proceeded to fricassee me in 2 hits.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I saved a giant panda with an electric Mohawk.

Game rules.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hatched an egg for a thunderbird I can't ride until 10 levels from now, but he looks pretty cool.

So far the Firefox is still my most reliable killer. I was really excited to get a Bee guy, I was going to go all in on bee, but I might have to get a queen first to make use of him. Plus replace his suicide bomb attack, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I wasn't so sure the gun angle added anything to this game, but that was before I got on the back of a giant totoro-inspired plant panda and just went to town on a syndicate base with a grenade launcher.