Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
You can shoot multiple loads, the Ravens defense is gonna be a problem. Kyle Hamilton and Roquon Smith are a lot better than the depleted linebackers the Bills had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Hmmm do I trust my superhuman bulldozer QB to get 2 yards or the make a wish ex-dead guy.

apparently it wasn't an actual call, but the players on the field saw 10 defenders and went for it, still a huge bust

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

AndrewP posted:

I think the Bills probably should have leaned on Allen’s running even more

They were probably scared off of it when the whistle blew with Allen wrapped up and the Chiefs then slammed him down with no flag

Toaster Beef posted:

I guess it's been talked about a billion times already but if you have 1:45 on the clock and you're comfortably moving the sticks I just don't understand why you take those shots at the end zone

Yeah that play where he forced it into the end zone while Diggs was in his own zip code at the first down line was insane

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Pron on VHS posted:

You can shoot multiple loads, the Ravens defense is gonna be a problem. Kyle Hamilton and Roquon Smith are a lot better than the depleted linebackers the Bills had

our defense doesn't seem too shabby either

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Paracausal posted:

apparently it wasn't an actual call, but the players on the field saw 10 defenders and went for it, still a huge bust

what’s up with all these players going rogue

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It wasn’t the players unless he’s covering.

https://twitter.com/agetzenberg/status/1749275043383697749?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

TheKingslayer posted:

There are a dozen of us! A dozen!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

if it was easy everybody would go for it on fourth down sometimes that poo poo comes back and stings you which is the point of punting

remember the bills lost nothing by doing it because the Chiefs turned right around and fumbled into the end zone

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pron on VHS posted:

You can shoot multiple loads,

preposterous

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
When the other team doesn't have enough linebackers, and you don't have enough wide receivers
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1749269638545125764

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

Borsche69 posted:

baltimore aint a big town. maryland aint a big state. how were multiple of us living in fuckin eklridge and jessup the same drat year in 2012. how are there not a billion patriots/cowboys/packers/49ers/steelers fans like there are on every other internet site

That's what I'm wondering, I feel like Cowboys and Steelers fans are everywhere, including Maryland

OceanCyclone fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 22, 2024

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

somebody did a coaching?

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Car Hater posted:

Lions, Lions, Lions, Lions

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

OceanCyclone posted:

That's what I'm wondering, I feel like Cowboys and Steelers fans are everywhere, including Maryland

allegheny is basically steelers country lol. although ive enjoyed that the ravens have slowly taken over a lot of the bars away from the skins in montgomery, PG, charles, even down here in st marys

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

baltimore aint a big town. maryland aint a big state. how were multiple of us living in fuckin eklridge and jessup the same drat year in 2012. how are there not a billion patriots/cowboys/packers/49ers/steelers fans like there are on every other internet site

they all have their own forums

well i guess we have our own

also it seems like a lot of ravens fans because most of the posters of teams that were eliminated peaced out

Despera fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 22, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Can someone please post lions_grit.gif I need to troll some friends and I can't find it in my hour of need

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I don’t think there are actually more Ravens fans here than most other teams, but they are extremely prolific

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Passionate. We're passionate.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

solarjetman posted:

When the other team doesn't have enough linebackers, and you don't have enough wide receivers
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1749269638545125764

I still believe in the modern NFL era you can just go full tight end and bully the gently caress out of defenders to death.

Then maybe start having them line up tight. Maybe some sort of wing formation?

Perhaps we could get some real good motion sets if we put one in the backfield, a real bruiser that still has good blocking skills.

If we have everyone so tight, we can lure the defense into a lot of RPO pass fakes, but instead of quick hitters across the LoS, maybe they could be more lateral and still in the backfield, kind of like a swing or TE screen but dedicate more blockers from the oline...

I think we might have a stew cooking here boys.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

rjmccall posted:

I don’t think there are actually more Ravens fans here than most other teams, but they are extremely prolific

i do remember after the seahawks won the superbowl that there were a lot of seattle fans that popped up and slowly went away (or maybe they're still around and i didnt notice). could just be recency bias cause i see the same motherfuckers in the afcnorth thread all the drat time and my boys love to post

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Docjowles posted:

Can someone please post lions_grit.gif I need to troll some friends and I can't find it in my hour of need

best i can do is a really good ravens_chat.gif

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Only the true sickos hang around well after their team fades into obscurity

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/staceydales/status/1749211866352460279?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The lions are the wholesome feel good footballing story we want, the swifties repeat is the miserable brand synergy hellworld we deserve.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

Only the true sickos hang around well after their team fades into obscurity

i have to admit that, as an o's fan, i got no problem with people being fairweather when that team is just dogshit. i have big respect for people that show up year in and year out, but if your team is misery for decades plus. yeah, watch the game only if you feel like it.

probably why the 8-8 team fans get the most loving mad

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
the bills are the cowboys of the afc its sad but true

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Intruder posted:

they came, they saw, they billsed

An oldie, but a goodie

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Docjowles posted:

e: Totally thought that said lions_bitch.gif.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

gently caress was that fake punt, man

I didn't mind this from a neutral theoretical standpoint. They needed to score, weren't stopping the Chiefs at that point, the Chiefs hosed up and didn't even have 11 guys on the field. A chance worth taking.

It just didn't work out, one of the 10 guys made a play. In the end that didn't decide the game because Mecole Hardman still draws an NFL paycheck and gets plays called for him, so it's just a note of one bad thing that happened for the Bills.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 22, 2024

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Operation G.I.B.B.S. is a go.

https://x.com/nextgenstats/status/1749213472473374721?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Master Stur posted:

the bills are the cowboys of the afc its sad but true

It's worse than that.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

It's worse than that.

oh gently caress that

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hahahahahaha

Bills are the late 00s Chargers. That's incredible.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

The lions are the wholesome feel good footballing story we want, the swifties repeat is the miserable brand synergy hellworld we deserve.

The Ravens look a lot better than the Chiefs, i think if the Lions get crushed by a grim football empire in the super bowl it'll at least be a different grim football empire than won last year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Borsche69 posted:

oh gently caress that

I'm not happy about this either

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

It's worse than that.

:holymoley:

What a deeply cruel world we live in.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

The Puppy Bowl posted:

:holymoley:

What a deeply cruel world we live in.

Besides at QB, they aren't anywhere near as talented as the Chargers were then and have 2 more playoff wins to show for it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

alt universe is a chargers bills afc championship

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

pasaluki posted:

Besides at QB, they aren't anywhere near as talented as the Chargers were then and have 2 more playoff wins to show for it.

Sort of. The "wins" stat is a little misleading because the Chargers had two first-round byes during that window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Waltzing Along posted:

No one but Chiefs fans are rooting for the Chiefs.

I'm being weird and thinking I like the Niners chances against the Chiefs more than the Ravens. The Chiefs beat the Ravens with some Mahomes bullshit, then we beat the Chiefs with some CMC bullshit.