Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Anyone got some prostrats for gathering a bunch of leather? Its the one thing I am nearly always out of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

How do I hatch big eggs in a reasonable amount of time?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Played this co-op with a friend this afternoon and had a ton of fun. The aspect of discovering new mons and putting them to work at your base and the item progression treadmill feels really good.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Also the big boss lightning mohawk panda boss is awesome but janks out in most indoor fights.

Curious if combining pals in the condenser, using pal souls, or leveling up a pal has any effect on flight (either stamina or speed)

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Leal posted:

Anyone got some prostrats for gathering a bunch of leather? Its the one thing I am nearly always out of

Pick up Katress from 239,-332 who has a trait that makes more items drop from neutral mobs.
Then go hunt some deer.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Goonsever when?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Do slanted roofs work? I just wanted to make the most basic triangle-on-a-square thing but it kept trying to make the roof come out of the floor. I just went with a flat top to get the bed placed, but I’m curious.

Build two walls high first and then the slanted roof will snap in the middle of them.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
One QoL thing I wish for is toggling instead of holding F for manual crafting and building. Let me press F once and go for a piss while my dude makes a hundred arrows, there's no reason for me to be holding down F for three minutes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Bee Queen is cool. Can't tell if it's worth keeping a less good worker bee around just to passively buff her though.

I'm reluctant to dump all my pal souls into anyone yet. Firefox still seems competitive with higher level monsters I've caught, he's just kind of boring. But he also fills up quicker than most. Plus I keep swapping others out to try out new powers or try out monsters. Katriss is pretty solid too. Kind of wish there was a shrink ray, the bigger pals get in the way a lot.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

junan_paalla posted:

One QoL thing I wish for is toggling instead of holding F for manual crafting and building. Let me press F once and go for a piss while my dude makes a hundred arrows, there's no reason for me to be holding down F for three minutes.

Oh yeah. I guess they meant for pals to be doing that boring stuff, but I'd like more toggle stuff, like for crafting a stack or sprint.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Quick FYI that the "Precious" materials you get from dungeon and overworld bosses don't seem to have any purpose other than selling, so no point in hoarding them.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

TeaJay posted:

Oh yeah. I guess they meant for pals to be doing that boring stuff, but I'd like more toggle stuff, like for crafting a stack or sprint.

Sprint is a toggle already? As far as I can tell the option to turn it off doesn't work either.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Anyone know a good mid/late game way to farm money? Like 10s of thousands or more really quickly

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
The only real money farm I have seen so far are those cats in the caves.
They drop gold and respawn if you go an area or 2 away.
So you can just wander between the areas and kill them.
You can also capture them and let them sit in your pasture/grazing area and they will randomly drop gold, like the sheep drop wool.
Neither one will net you 10s of thousands though.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
For people with base regret, you can fast travel while overencumbered. You can put some chests next to your palbox, disassemble everything and stuff them into the chests, then fill your inventory and teleport to another base with all the junk from the old base. I moved my forward outpost from a lavender field to a ore mine with very little hassle.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The best way to farm money probably is just to do bosses and dungeons, and sell the precious stuff you get.
Each boss seems to drop between 3-5, and they sell for 500 each for the rare ones, 1000 for the epic ones.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
(from the January games thread) This lucky Pal got VERY lucky with their random skill:
https://twitter.com/siomizu510/status/1748964862259339622

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Do eggs respawn?

I'm used to finding tons of eggs as I explore the fog of war but when traveling across already explored areas I'm suddenly not seeing nearly as many.

I've seen the glowing chests respawn, and I don't think I've found anything yet that doesn't respawn eventually.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

pentyne posted:

Do eggs respawn?

I'm used to finding tons of eggs as I explore the fog of war but when traveling across already explored areas I'm suddenly not seeing nearly as many.

I've seen the glowing chests respawn, and I don't think I've found anything yet that doesn't respawn eventually.

Eggs do respawn. I've got an egg location just outside the radius of my base and it respawns every few days(?) I think.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:sickos:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

BabelFish posted:

(from the January games thread) This lucky Pal got VERY lucky with their random skill:
https://twitter.com/siomizu510/status/1748964862259339622

lmao goddamn

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

isndl posted:

Sprint is a toggle already? As far as I can tell the option to turn it off doesn't work either.

The sprint toggle in the options seems to be reversed. Disabling it enables it. :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

junan_paalla posted:

An auto walk button would be real nice, too.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm playing on Steam deck and get a lot of crashes. Some are from just too much going on but sometimes it seems random, it's rather aggravating to lose 30mins of progress because the fan decided to Rev up to 9000rpm and have the screen freeze.

Panfilo fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jan 22, 2024

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

junan_paalla posted:

Pals from your party are great for this. Unlike base pals that can be assigned, but still need to sleep, party pals stick to the task.

They're buggy with trees though. Some times they continue punching trees that are destroyed.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jan 22, 2024

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

I'll take it.

Anyone found a good way to farm leather? It's the only resource so far that you can't really automate.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I have accumulated infinity leather just during the course of slaughtering everything in sight for xp. I don't know exactly which critters drop it, but enough of them do.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My Vanwrym seems bugged and I can only jump like a regular ground mount? He acts like he's flying in that he hovers over water, but he doesn't fly like Nitewing :thunk:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I know the little firefoxes do.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Broken Cog posted:

I'll take it.

Anyone found a good way to farm leather? It's the only resource so far that you can't really automate.

Buy it. It's easier to run a cave or a few world bosses, sell the loot, and just buy a hundred leather.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Javid posted:

I have accumulated infinity leather just during the course of slaughtering everything in sight for xp. I don't know exactly which critters drop it, but enough of them do.

Believe me, you will not have enough

Mulva posted:

Buy it. It's easier to run a cave or a few world bosses, sell the loot, and just buy a hundred leather.

Thanks, that's not a bad idea, actually

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Sab669 posted:

My Vanwrym seems bugged and I can only jump like a regular ground mount? He acts like he's flying in that he hovers over water, but he doesn't fly like Nitewing :thunk:

Press jump twice. No idea why he works like that when the other bird mount does not.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Det_no posted:

Press jump twice. No idea why he works like that when the other bird mount does not.

:monocle:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pals are nowhere near diligent enough with helping with Handiwork tasks.

Wondering if I should just destroy my quarry / lumber yard. I have more trees and rocks than I know what to do with, and my nerds seem to be more intent on doing that poo poo that helping me craft Pokéballs which takes FOREVER

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Still trying to solve the breed puzzle. The pal types seem fixed, but the combos don't have a predictable pattern.

#1 Lamball + #1 Lamball = #1 Lamball

#1 Lamball + #2 Cattiva = #1 Lamball

#63 Lunaris + #1 Lamball = #23 Killamari

#63 Lunaris + #2 Cattiva = #23 Killamari

#63 Lunaris + #52 Grintale = #64 Dinossom

#23 Killamari + #64 Dinossom = #43 Dumud

I'm really hoping the order of their genders don't matter, or else it'll be even harder to figure out.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 22, 2024

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Sab669 posted:

Pals are nowhere near diligent enough with helping with Handiwork tasks.

Wondering if I should just destroy my quarry / lumber yard. I have more trees and rocks than I know what to do with, and my nerds seem to be more intent on doing that poo poo that helping me craft Pokéballs which takes FOREVER

I found them to be more of a liability than anything from lvl 25 onward. (Probably earlier) You don't need that much stone and wood by that point and any you do need can be gathered pretty quickly. Although my carry weight is over 1000 at this point so it makes things a lot easier.

Carry weight is the king of all stats once you've pumped health a bit. Apparently pals suck at mining iron but I built a base in the middle of a bunch of iron nodes and dedicated the base to processing iron and making ammo. I can mine all the nodes manually around twice a day in not too long. It pumps out a poo poo ton of ingots. Highly recommended if you want to pump out ammo and palballs.

I've upped my capture power to 9 now and the last level will take 35 effigies. From what I have seen, there are more than enough on the map, so it doesn't look like it will be a case of having to track down the last few.

I've still only done the first boss tower and haven't really touched the boss Pals and don't even know what those summoning circle things are. I think I'll be doing a bunch of dungeons next cause they have large Palium nodes and some rarer Pals, as well an ancient tech and other interesting drops.

I still haven't build a shield at lvl 30. Time to remedy that.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 22, 2024

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
And if you really need basic supplies, Mining and Logging pals stack and it's pretty fun to go on a tree and rock destroying rampage.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

There's a Pal that doubles drops from Normal type enemies you kill while it's in your team, and another one that does that for Fire types. They help a LOT with farming leather, especially the former.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think I found a shiny.

Wait, no, it's just a loving idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Sab669 posted:

I'm realizing I should do this. My minions will still harvest wood and stone from the nodes in my base circle as they respawn, maybe they'll walk over and craft some goddamn bullets if I remove the distractions the rest of the time

e: I caught a shiny that apparently forages for items if deployed on a base, which is singlehandedly keeping me supplied with infinite common spheres and arrows, so that's helpful