Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Thr quarry and lumber yard are completely pointless if you include any trees or rock nodes in your base radius, because those will constantly respawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The 6 Trees not crushed under the weight of my massive base do not poo poo out 1000 wood in 15 minutes - you are misguided and woodless

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The amount of stone you need for the higher tier balls is insane - I go through 3k in the blink of an eye - do not let false gods sway you with mockery and ill advised platitudes- build the quarry

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Solus posted:

The amount of stone you need for the higher tier balls is insane - I go through 3k in the blink of an eye - do not let false gods sway you with mockery and ill advised platitudes- build the quarry

Holy poo poo that's a lot of rocks

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

BabelFish posted:

(from the January games thread) This lucky Pal got VERY lucky with their random skill:
https://twitter.com/siomizu510/status/1748964862259339622

My lucky deer has this and it one shots any non boss thats not at least 4+ levels higher. It's great.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Solus posted:

This is true even as early as the tier 3 balls

There's a good reason they give you the quarry and lumber yard early. You will think you have enough stone. You do not.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea you need like 7 Stone per Giga Ball, and now I need Cement for Hyper Balls. I googled how to make Cement [as I don't have the game open] and supposedly it's 50 Stone + 1 Bone.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I've been playing this with friends and I'm real bad at it because I die constantly. I don't know if I'm just cursed or what, but even when I'm flying poo poo will see me and just laser me to death almost immediately :shepface: Also the grapple gun is kind of a waste of points/resources. The range is really limited and if there's any lag it just bugs out. I kind of wish size was an actual stat like in the more recent Dragon Quest Monsters game just so I could breed the world's biggest Sweepa.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, can't imagine how far the range would have to be on the best Grappling Gun for me to want to waste an inventory slot on it. I've just always got my Pick, Axe, Spear, and Ranged Weapon.

I'm curious if the higher ranks have a shorter cooldown, too. Then I might consider using it... But really why not just fly everywhere instead

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

You can also crush excess stone into Paldium

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
In the Game Pass version the grapple gun is a double waste of early ancient points because you need to be at a much higher level to build the workbench that’s needed to craft the drat thing. And then it’s a total letdown anyway because of the cool down.

Also speaking of Dragon Quest, I totally anticipate a DQ themed Palworld copy within a year of two. Like how we got Builders after Minecraft.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Been playing this with a friend on gamepass who is very into Pokémon and we've been having a great time, definitely won him over last night after some initial skepticism. I brought up getting the Steam version but he doesn't want to get it because he still thinks Nintendo is going to sue and make the game go away overnight based on the models being similar. Not having big servers is not an issue for me at all I just hope now that this game is bigger than jesus they can get gamepass updates fast tracked.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

how do you change difficulty settings for a dedicated server? I want to turn off drop-on-death because it is frustrating my kid

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

explosivo posted:

he still thinks Nintendo is going to sue and make the game go away overnight based on the models being similar.

So many people are saying stuff like this and it just has no grounding whatsoever in any actual copyright law.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Saying the game was created with AI isn't based in reality but that hasn't stopped people either

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Atoramos posted:

How do I hatch big eggs in a reasonable amount of time?

Change the game settings and make them (all eggs) hatch instantly.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fajita Queen posted:

So many people are saying stuff like this and it just has no grounding whatsoever in any actual copyright law.

If they’re using modified ripped 3D files, as some are suspecting, that’s probably actionable.

jason3232
Apr 11, 2022
It's funny seeing how people are going off at Palworld for stealing ideas from other games and meanwhile Battlebit Remastered got all its' praise for doing exactly the same with Battlefield and other military shooters.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Attack on Princess posted:

They're finicky about entering structures. It's best make stair ramps at the entry points to your base. They're bad with obstacles too. Just about the only thing they'll walk around are walls. Chests and workstations need to be on the periphery with good spacing or they walk right into them.

This is a frankensteined base I ended up with once I realized a scenic cliff location left me with less ground space.

I managed to make them walk up to the third level to use stuff after making every room extra tall.

They still use some objects from below though, like the pal next to my characters head, who is cooling a fridge above it.

Meanwhile:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Rinkles posted:

If they’re using modified ripped 3D files, as some are suspecting, that’s probably actionable.
It's this at this point basically.
If Pokemon Company wanted to take them out for general Knock-off stuff they would of done it a year ago and/or tied them up in so much legal drama burying their ability to launch the game.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

The amount of "people are suspecting" "I read on twitter" around this game is loving ridiculous

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fajita Queen posted:

It really does feel like the multitudes of posts where people are showing Pokémon next to pals with big red circles around the offending part of the monster is just stoking the fire at this point. That was his evidence to me of it being "just shady enough" to not want to buy it outright.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don’t really understand why so many people are invested in tearing it down

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/ToastedShoes/status/1749381513001767167

lol that was fast

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I don't recall the same fervor over Temtem and that game copies both mechanics and designs from Pokémon but that game also didn't become an overnight sensation.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Rinkles posted:

I don’t really understand why so many people are invested in tearing it down

It sold infinity copies in like nine seconds, it's prime hater material.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

explosivo posted:

I don't recall the same fervor over Temtem and that game copies both mechanics and designs from Pokémon but that game also didn't become an overnight sensation.

The real fervor came from having they/them as pronoun options

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Sab669 posted:

Yea, can't imagine how far the range would have to be on the best Grappling Gun for me to want to waste an inventory slot on it. I've just always got my Pick, Axe, Spear, and Ranged Weapon.

I'm curious if the higher ranks have a shorter cooldown, too. Then I might consider using it... But really why not just fly everywhere instead

I thought it'd be useful before I had a flying monster but it was just less effective even than climbing which is wild. The only use I've found for it is if you load yourself up with too many rocks or wood you can drag yourself across the ground.

YerDa Zabam posted:

The amount of "people are suspecting" "I read on twitter" around this game is loving ridiculous

People are spinning some wild poo poo online about this game. Like, there's that weird heart lizard thing right? I've heard more than one, completely unrelated, person talk about it and say with absolute certainty that the in-game description talked about it raping other pokemon and humans. Just poo poo like that whipped up out of someone's rear end and thrown on twitter to spread around. Said people are members of my two tabletop games so they're like, real people and not just internet randos either.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Unfortunately internet randos are real people

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I beat the Freepal boss a little while ago, but the volcano boss is absolutely kicking my rear end.
Is there supposed to be another boss between these two?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

explosivo posted:

You can look directly at the difference between that and this for the answer: This is Pokemon in a different genre, one that everyone who loved Pokemon as a kid always thought would be sick to have Pokemon in. Then add in the appealing controversy of turning the cutesy themes on their head with guns and 19th century labor standards and you have a runaway hit, whether the devs knew it or not. And also they really do look like Pokemon, especially nostalgic pre-DS Pokemon.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Nuebot posted:

I thought it'd be useful before I had a flying monster but it was just less effective even than climbing which is wild. The only use I've found for it is if you load yourself up with too many rocks or wood you can drag yourself across the ground.

People are spinning some wild poo poo online about this game. Like, there's that weird heart lizard thing right? I've heard more than one, completely unrelated, person talk about it and say with absolute certainty that the in-game description talked about it raping other pokemon and humans. Just poo poo like that whipped up out of someone's rear end and thrown on twitter to spread around. Said people are members of my two tabletop games so they're like, real people and not just internet randos either.

It's already disturbing enough without the addition of rape. But people love to make poo poo up about things they hate to fuel their feelings of justification, and sometimes it just gets taken as fact by others who don't know as much.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
You can say alot about temtem's monster designs, such as "they're bad", but "they look like Pokémon" isn't really one of them

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Rinkles posted:

In the Game Pass version the grapple gun is a double waste of early ancient points because you need to be at a much higher level to build the workbench that’s needed to craft the drat thing. And then it’s a total letdown anyway because of the cool down.

Also speaking of Dragon Quest, I totally anticipate a DQ themed Palworld copy within a year of two. Like how we got Builders after Minecraft.

The 4 slots for equipment is killing me. Just give us an item wheel or something. It's also a limitation because presumably your supposed to have an arsenal at some point, right?

As far as franchises that need to shamelessly rip off palworld, my vote is Digimon. Palworld's gameplay loop would mesh perfectly with Digimon's various vpet mechanics

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

explosivo posted:

Temtem wasn't a baby game for hacks, MMO Temtem was for BIG TOUGH HARDCORE pokemon players (I have no idea how singleplayer went over, I just remember my in-deep Competitive pokemon player/breeder buddy talk about how it's a REAL game).

Fishy Flip
Jan 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Amazing. Can't wait to install this.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Holy poo poo lol

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
If you capture a wandering merchant, you can keep it in your base and use it to buy/sell items :eyepop:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

junan_paalla posted:

If you capture a wandering merchant, you can keep it in your base and use it to buy/sell items :eyepop:

Does it have the same items as when you caught it? Or does it rotate out? Because if that stock doesn't change, I know a merchant who sells useful poo poo I should go kidnap so I don't have to keep teleporting out to find him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

junan_paalla posted:

I was wondering if that was possible