Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Elder Postsman posted:

its getting scrapped :(

rotor posted:

its pretty old by now right? like its been around since the 80s or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

James Garfield posted:

Biden's deficit spending was so inflationary that it caused the same amount of inflation in the EU as in the US

12 years a lurker posted:

If that's measured in Euros and not dollars that's actually the best case I've seen someone make on the issue from that perspective.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Idgi

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I guess it's funny because it's percent change, which makes the currency irrelevant. :shrug:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Legit devastated they're scrapping it.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

FreudianSlippers posted:

My favorite wrestlers are:
Pierre Froide Stéphane Augustine, Homme Masculin Bertrand Sauvage, and La Rocher

Stealing Pierre Froide Stéphane Augustine for the next stuffy character I need to name.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Maigius posted:

Stealing Pierre Froide Stéphane Augustine for the next stuffy character I need to name.

I call Cacquetus Jacques

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Phy posted:

I call Cacquetus Jacques

Bruté Gateau-de-Boeuf

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Relyssa posted:

Finally, BG3 mods hit the lofty peaks of Bethesda mods.

:nws: NSFW AS HELL :nws:

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It needs sex classes and multi-classing.

CzarChasm posted:

You know who else needs sex classes? These modders.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Milo and POTUS posted:

Legit devastated they're scrapping it.

Same, and I didn't know about it five minutes ago. It was only going to take 8 million for another 10 years, which is probably how much the USN spends on chocolate bars each month

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Build another one!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Milo and POTUS posted:

Build another one!

Starting the MIC bidding process now.

Okay its gonna take fifteen years and half a trillion dollars to build, and it'll sink if the comms tower gets wet.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So a better than typical procurement success

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Outrail posted:

Starting the MIC bidding process now.

Okay its gonna take fifteen years and half a trillion dollars to build, and it'll sink if the comms tower gets wet.

I can fix the comms tower issue, but if I fix it then I'm the only one authorized to work on it from here on out, and it'll cost you $1 million every time I'm on-site for the biannual maintenance

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It will be able to flood its ballast tanks, swing its stern down, and sink rear end first to the ocean floor, requiring a same price sub to bring it up again.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Isn’t OceanGate technically still a going concern?

Get them to make a replacement. :razz:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

It will be able to flood its ballast tanks, swing its stern down, and sink rear end first to the ocean floor, requiring a same price sub to bring it up again.

The boat is reusable; the retrieval sub isn't. MIC please send my check to the usual address.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
The Marines found out about this and they're demanding something about 'Veetall capacity'.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

trading gbs posters to create a pokemon team of guys you'd run a red light to avoid

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

lol how do you even get this to a dock to repair

Al! posted:

the most careful tugs youve ever seen since stephen hawking flew on the lolita express

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What an interesting twitter account to share.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Rust Martialis posted:

Bruté Gateau-de-Boeuf

Ric...Flair.

gently caress.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

:catbert:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A discussion about shielding astronauts from the radiation normally found in space:

ex post facho posted:

Is there an absorptive radiation capacity for water? At what point would the water no longer be effective as shielding?

orange juche posted:

Not really. It does become spicy, but the energy emitted by beta decay from the activated water would be attenuated quite easily by the rest of the water in the jacket and or the containment for the water. It will definitely become spicy enough that you can't use it for anything else but radiation shielding, but its spiciness will not meaningfully impact its capability to absorb radiation.

You really would not want to drink your radiation shielding water.

Tighclops posted:

is it possible to make a space-brita filter to take out the radiation

you ate my cat posted:

You'd need a better Brita to boot a bit of beta.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Elissimpark posted:

Ric...Flair.

gently caress.

Ah, Garçon de la Nature, hon hon hon.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Caedus posted:

Huh, I guess there's a cooldown before the golden parachute kicks in

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

From the making fun of audiophiles thread:

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I went to AXPONA last year on mushrooms and told the folks shilling a jet-ski sized amp that it looked like a baby's coffin.

They disagreed and were not impressed by my candor.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i think ive shared this story before but someone put up a sign up in the bathroom telling people to wash their hands before leaving, and a low level exec who never washed his hands got offended so we got a site wide email about hateful signs in the restroom

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

First few days working from home at the beginning of the pandemic I had a flaming clown car as my background.

FMguru posted:

The SA Moderator panel?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

That's more like a fire at a halfway house.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

I'm imagining the rivets popping out of it and spewing whistling steam from the joints.

SyNack Sassimov posted:

so you're saying it IS just whistlin' dick,see?

more in thread

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

McGann posted:

This is one of my favorite crappy kid martial art movies there are. Plus, it's got Chuck Norris, man.

I first watched it when I was a preteen, probably. I may have even seen it in theaters - I really don't remember. But now that it's being played on Starz over and over, I keep watching it...and I keep liking it more and more. I can relate more because I'm involved in the whole Martial Arts crowd (..There are a lot of instructors just like Joe Piscopo's character) and the movie makes fun of itself. Lots of over the top stuff in the dream sequences, but the movie knows they're over the top (Barry pulling out a LAW from his coat, camera looks at Chuck Norris who gives a "wtf" look), and that's what makes it so good.

I have to dock a point for having a Shotokan guy lose to Chuck Norris, though. How unrealistic!

4/5

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

prefect posted:

no mention of his work on frasier and wings? shameful

Agile Vector posted:

hey baby, I hear the bombs a-fallin'
aimed shot at kahn raider legs

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
Trying to find a quote that I'm reasonably certain originated on SA ages ago, but search isn't turning up anything.

It's something along the lines of a guy being angry about seeing a pride parade because it reminds him of a time in his youth when he spent a blissful moment with another man, but has since settled down, and knows he will never feel the sort of freedom the people in the parade feel.

Sound familiar to anyone?

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Melondog posted:

Trying to find a quote that I'm reasonably certain originated on SA ages ago, but search isn't turning up anything.

It's something along the lines of a guy being angry about seeing a pride parade because it reminds him of a time in his youth when he spent a blissful moment with another man, but has since settled down, and knows he will never feel the sort of freedom the people in the parade feel.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Because the Republican party is full of rich dudes named "Fred" and whenever anybody mentions 'gay rights' the Freds think back to that spring afternoon in the Choate locker room when the freshman with the floppy hair and the blue eyes slipped a hand under the Freds' towel and gave the Freds a little smirk and said "just relax" and for just one minute everything was glorious and after that the Freds went on to jobs they hated and wives, ditto, and after twenty years they saw in the paper where the blue-eyed freshman was an ACLU attorney dying of AIDS who became free in all the ways the Freds couldn't and nothing, nothing, nothing pisses the Freds off like reminding them of that beautiful spring day at Choate.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

space uncle posted:

Because the Republican party is full of rich dudes named "Fred" and whenever anybody mentions 'gay rights' the Freds think back to that spring afternoon in the Choate locker room when the freshman with the floppy hair and the blue eyes slipped a hand under the Freds' towel and gave the Freds a little smirk and said "just relax" and for just one minute everything was glorious and after that the Freds went on to jobs they hated and wives, ditto, and after twenty years they saw in the paper where the blue-eyed freshman was an ACLU attorney dying of AIDS who became free in all the ways the Freds couldn't and nothing, nothing, nothing pisses the Freds off like reminding them of that beautiful spring day at Choate.

That's the one. Thanks!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

space uncle posted:

A post earlier in this thread attributes that quote to Aaron Burr who last posted back in 2009

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

JammyB posted:

Shoe RPG sounds fun but I'd prefer a soleslike

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

BOOTY-ADE posted:

'Mole Catcher' brought out my creative side lol

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Brawnfire posted:

Last time I hosed bread I ended up with genital pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
ah... a pansexual